PDA

View Full Version : We're Just Treading Water With Holcomb

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 04:52 AM
He's a career backup, and that's all he'll ever be. His arm won't get any stronger and his legs won't get any faster, no matter what.

Given our remaining schedule, and our variety of problems, we'll be VERY lucky to go 7-9, regardless of who's at QB. I'd simply rather go 7-9 while Losman gets the necessary experience to become a big time NFL player.

At least JP can run, throw long, and not fumble everytime he's hit. If JP is the future, I say the future is now.

SquishDaFish
10-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Dont be dumb man. Last night was not kellys fault at all. Every QB makes 1 or 2 bad throws a game and thas all he had. Let me guess that fumble was his fault?We had a rookie/TE at RT last night and whos names did you hear called for penalties or sacks allowed not his right? Fat **** Anderson and Gandy is the names you heard. Kelly is not the problem. Last night the Bills played good all except Reed we just got beat by the damn patriot Refs.

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 05:14 AM
Dont be dumb man. Last night was not kellys fault at all. ummm...I take it you missed the 4th and 7 play near the end of the game that lost it for us, huh?

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 05:29 AM
Dont be dumb man. Last night was not kellys fault at all. Every QB makes 1 or 2 bad throws a game and thas all he had. Let me guess that fumble was his fault?We had a rookie/TE at RT last night and whos names did you hear called for penalties or sacks allowed not his right? Fat **** Anderson and Gandy is the names you heard. Kelly is not the problem. Last night the Bills played good all except Reed we just got beat by the damn patriot Refs.
Do you really think Holcomb is the future, and that we're going to become a good team with him at QB? And do you think our three early losses were all JP's fault?

This team is not good enough to win with a "caretaker QB." We need the dynamics that JP will bring, even as he makes the mistakes that come with inexperience.

I want to start next season with a game ready JP, not a slow, weak-armed, fumble-prone backup.

Philagape
10-31-2005, 06:15 AM
1. Holcomb deserves the blame as much as anyone
2. The 4th-and-7 wasn't his only bad play
3. No matter how he performed, his role is done. We put him in to get a spark and try to salvage the season. Mission failure. The only thing left to play for is the future, and the sooner we start JP, the sooner he'll be ready for next year.

don137
10-31-2005, 06:16 AM
I am not going to blame the loss on Holcomb but his pass on 4th and 7 goes down as a bonehead play. Both teams made plenty of mistakes. The difference is the Patriots have a QB that plays for the win. The Bills have not had a QB since Jim Kelly that I felt comfortable that if the Bills had the ball down with a couple minutes left by a touchdown or less that they were going to score. Yesterday I just was watching wondering what were the Bills going to do to screw it up with that last drive.

TacklingDummy
10-31-2005, 06:23 AM
We need the dynamics that JP will bring

:lmao:

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 06:36 AM
I am not trying to blame the loss solely on Holcomb. He is what he is - a decent backup. We simply need to move ahead with JP.

If we get JP ready to go - AND shore up both our O and D lines through free agency and the draft - we might have a chance to accomplish something next season.