PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to Holcomb!

X-Era
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
This game was a winnable game plain and simple. But as I have said for the past weeks, this team isnt good enough to go anywhere this year. Because of this fact, there is no longer any need to start Holcomb. Did he give us the best chance to win? yes. Was that ENOUGH of a chance to win? NO! and thats the point.

Any team thats in the cellar as far as passing yards has nho right to claim that it has all it needs at QB. Kelly has hit 1, count it 1 20+ yard pass in his 4 starts. It was in this game and Moulds took it for a TD. That was wonderful, no one can deny that. But that type of pathetic production wont beat anybody. You want more proof? We held NE scoreless in the first half, McGahee ran for 70+ yards by the half and we have 3 points? against the world champs? There is no way in hell you beat that team in their house without scoring. Kelly had probably his best game but also again showed us all that he doesnt have what it takes to take this team deep.

1) A sack where a guy with legs would have run for about 20 yards.
2) 4th and 7 and he throws for 2
3) the overthrown and off target passes to Reed and Evans
4) The out route where he missed Moulds by a mile
5) The lob that got picked off

Again, the stats tell the case. We are in the bottom for passing O.

So, is Kelly right now today better than JP? probably. Does he have what we need to get to the playoffs? NO. And more importantly the TEAM doesnt have it. The story is the same and has been since the start of the season. The team aint going nowhere so why start a career backup when you have your 1st rounder on this team.

Holcomb is done. Its another example of an average QB without Jim Kellys fiery attitude that wont do sh_t here (see Drew, RJ, Collins, and AVP).

That type of QB is NOT the right fit for Buff. It can work on a team with a SB coach and a stellar o-line like Dallas, but it wont work here. Fortunately we have a guy with loads of upside AND Jim Kellys attitude AND the ability to avoid sacks already on this squad. Will he come in and light the league up? probably not. But he could very well develop into the EXACT right fit for THIS team. BUT HE NEEDS TO BE PLAYING!!!!!

Overall, it was a fun run with Kelly but we beat 2 of the leagues worst and no one else. That doesnt make us very good at all. IMO, if we had the right type of leader with an arm, and scrambling, we would have been 10 or 17 to 0 by the half and NE would not have caught up. This was a game we should have won and that GOOD teams win.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 07:35 AM
I agree. Holcomb is a nice backup who needs to return to that role while JP develops.

X-Era
10-31-2005, 07:38 AM
I agree. Holcomb is a nice backup who needs to return to that role while JP develops.

Yeah, us fans can agree but the hard headed Bills brass will use the Bills (AKA Murhpys) law approach and start Holcomb until we are mathematically out of it. So JP should get about 2 or 3 games this year.

I just hope to hell they get smart enough to realize we need to get started on finding out if JP is our SB winning QB

HHURRICANE
10-31-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah, us fans can agree but the hard headed Bills brass will use the Bills (AKA Murhpys) law approach and start Holcomb until we are mathematically out of it. So JP should get about 2 or 3 games this year.

I just hope to hell they get smart enough to realize we need to get started on finding out if JP is our SB winning QB

Exactly. This is what scares the hell out of me. If Losamn sits another whole season that is just another year wasted. Considering all of our young talent is on offense why not let them develop as a group. Losman, Parish, Evans, McGahee, Peters, Preston. I'm not sure that we would not have the exact same record with JP in there!!

DMBcrew36
10-31-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm not going to be happy if JP doesn't play the rest of the season. We are wasting time here!!! Lets use the bye week and give JP 2 weeks to prepare for Kansas City.