PDA

View Full Version : Quit blaming Holcomb

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2005, 07:43 AM
Was I pissed off at the 4 yard pass? You bet your ass I was, I broke my remote control because of it, BUT, you can't blame Holcomb for the loss. Calling him crappy, saying he sucks, that's ridiculous. He's the only QB to throw for over 200 yards in a Bills uniform this season, and the only one in the last 18 games, or something stupid like that. Just because you want JP to go in there and learn (I do too, now that the playoffs are out of the question), don't say he sucks. That's sour grapes. If Holcomb would've been the starter from week 1, this team would be 4-4 at worst right now. I feel bad for the guy, because his days as starter are probably numbered, and he didn't do anything to lose the job.

That being said, bring on JP. Unless this team can go 6-1 or 7-0 down the stretch, the playoffs are pretty much out of the question. So, being realistic, I say bring in Losman. Let him get his lumps. Hopefully he's learned SOMETHING from the first 4 games, and from watching Holcomb. Let's all thank Holcomb for stepping in and managing a few wins for this team, and nearly leading us to a win in New England. Hopefully, he sticks around next year in case something happens to JP. At least we know Kelly is capable of stepping in and playing. :up:

Go Bills!

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 07:47 AM
True. I let my emotions get the best of me last night.

I am for bringing in JP to get him some experience though.

The King
10-31-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah it is time. I hate to say this so early but.....

There's always next year.

dannyek71
10-31-2005, 07:54 AM
I dont think holcomb is to blame, but we need to start developing JP now. He is the future. Holcomb is not.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 07:55 AM
I agree with danny.

EricStratton
10-31-2005, 07:55 AM

If the Colts go into NE and win next Monday we are 1 game back, it's to early to give up on the season.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 07:58 AM

Yeah, it's disappointing to be looking forward to next year, when this season is only half over. But that's where we are.

So let's sit the journeyman Holcomb, make plans to improve our O and D lines, and play JP and all of the other young guys who are our future.

The King
10-31-2005, 08:02 AM
We should be looking at and additional 1st round pick, with Clements Tagged.
That will give us the opportunity to beef up the lines, TD will have to be creative with cap-space though.

Pride
10-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Part of me says that this season is not over just yet... we are still in the running for the division. And if we can play like that IN NE. Hopefully we can win in Buffalo and split with the Pats.

Sweep the Fish and Jets, and Split with the pats... we are in good shape!

As for JP. I dont mind getting him back in there... but next year.. there MUST be an open QB competition. JP should NOT be handed the job again.

Iehoshua
10-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Right, cuz guys like Eli and Carson really earned their spots, eh?

Let him play, see if he's got what it takes, then move on if not. Who is he going to compete with? Mr. 10-year-backup? Another journeyman? Enough is enough.

LET

JP

PLAY.

That's it.

Period.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2005, 09:52 AM
I honestly can't see this team winning the division. Unless something miraculous happens over the bye week, I can't see them beating the Cheifs. I just can't see it.
Is the season over yet? No. Is the Cheifs game a MUST win? Yes. Lose that game, and it is 100 % certain the Bills don't win the division.

Philagape
10-31-2005, 10:13 AM
To give Holcomb the share of the blame he deserves is not saying he sucks.

In all four games, Holcomb has played right around where I expected him to. He's been efficient, showed experience, but also showed how limited he is and made mistakes. I have nothing against him. He's a great backup QB. A servicable stopgap. But there is no reason to keep him in there when we have to develop our franchise QB.
That is now by far the top priority, because the season is lost. We would have to go at least 6-2 against KC, Denver, SD, NE again, Miami and NYJ on the road, and Cincy. Those teams could total 1,200 yards rushing against us. The season is lost.

Tinboy
10-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Holcomb has played well but we need to develop JP right now. So what if we good 4-12 this year, I don't believe we can make the playoff any way.

If we put JP in now we can develop him this year and if we loss a lot of games we will have a better pick in next years draft.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Right, cuz guys like Eli and Carson really earned their spots, eh?

Let him play, see if he's got what it takes, then move on if not. Who is he going to compete with? Mr. 10-year-backup? Another journeyman? Enough is enough.

LET

JP

PLAY.

That's it.

Period.
:bf1:

X-Era
10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Was I pissed off at the 4 yard pass? You bet your ass I was, I broke my remote control because of it, BUT, you can't blame Holcomb for the loss. Calling him crappy, saying he sucks, that's ridiculous. He's the only QB to throw for over 200 yards in a Bills uniform this season, and the only one in the last 18 games, or something stupid like that. Just because you want JP to go in there and learn (I do too, now that the playoffs are out of the question), don't say he sucks. That's sour grapes. If Holcomb would've been the starter from week 1, this team would be 4-4 at worst right now. I feel bad for the guy, because his days as starter are probably numbered, and he didn't do anything to lose the job.

That being said, bring on JP. Unless this team can go 6-1 or 7-0 down the stretch, the playoffs are pretty much out of the question. So, being realistic, I say bring in Losman. Let him get his lumps. Hopefully he's learned SOMETHING from the first 4 games, and from watching Holcomb. Let's all thank Holcomb for stepping in and managing a few wins for this team, and nearly leading us to a win in New England. Hopefully, he sticks around next year in case something happens to JP. At least we know Kelly is capable of stepping in and playing. :up:

Go Bills!

AMEN, You are on the money.

My post on Holcomb did not blame him for the loss or any of the losses. It merely made the point that under him, we are one of the worst passing O's statistically and we arent going to the playoffs this year period. So to me its not a question of who is better, they both are average at best right now. Its who has the upside, thats JP. And now that we pretty much know we arent going anywhere, why not try to develop our young QB to hopefully make him into the QB we need.