PDA

View Full Version : Any one a little nervous

LMB
01-14-2003, 10:41 AM
We seem to be hiring alot of ex bangle coaches. If I am not mistaken were'nt they the worst team the last 12 years. Who is next Bruce Coslet. How about Rich Kotite. Why the hell would we want these guys, They had teir chance and failed.

HenryRules
01-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Mike Brown has failed the Bengals, not the coaching staff or the players ... they still have some decent players (Dillon, Spikes) and a pretty solid coaching staff ... but without ownership that is willing to do things to help the team succeed, no one can ever be successful.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Bring in Gus Frerrotte! :laughter:

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2003, 12:20 PM
I sure WYS would agree that Frerrote is better than Bledsoe.

TedMock
01-14-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm not nervous, I touched on this in another thread but basically here's why I'm not. As far as Krumrie goes, he's absolutly adored by the D-Line in Cincy who actually didn't play poorly this year. On espn they all said how fired up he was and how he always had them pumped up and how sad they are that he's gone. As far as Dick Lebeau goes, frist it's Cincy. He was the D-Coordinator in Cincy from 1982 through 1991. they were good then and in 2 superbowls with him there during that time. He was also in pittsburgh from 92-96, 1st as a positional coach and in 95-96 the D-coordinator. That D was pretty damn good. He may just be a better X's and O's guy than a head coach. Similar to guys like Norv Turner, Wade Philips, Buddy Ryan etc..

BADTHINGSMAN
01-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
Bring in Gus Frerrotte! :laughter:

I think you mean Gus Fergotte lol:snicker:

Dozerdog
01-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Here's a guy we might want- check out this resume-

44 years in the league, 14 as an all pro cornerback

Defensive backs coach who's squad had 27 picks in 1981 and went to the Super Bowl

Defensive coordinator that held the San Francisco 49ers to 13 points for over 59 minutes in the 1989 Super Bowl

Defensive Backs coach for the Steelers for 3 seasons- his guys had 65 interceptions in that span

Defensive coordinnator that held the Dallas Cowboys offense to 13 points in SuperBowl 30- unfortunatly the team's QB threw 2 interceptions that gave Dallas an easy 2 TDs.

We gotta get Dick Lebeau in here... in any capacity

WG
01-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Defensive coordinnator that held the Dallas Cowboys offense to 13 points in SuperBowl 30- unfortunatly the team's QB threw 2 interceptions that gave Dallas an easy 2 TDs.

How come when that's true w/ Drew it's the D's fault or some other aspect of the team or weather or some other BS?

;)

WG
01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Here's a guy we might want- check out this resume-

Defensive coordinator that held the San Francisco 49ers to 13 points for over 59 minutes in the 1989 Super Bowl

Defensive Backs coach for the Steelers for 3 seasons- his guys had 65 interceptions in that span

We gotta get Dick Lebeau in here... in any capacity

Defensive coordinator who had one season (S.F. SB season) out of 12 as either a H.C. and out of 8 as a D.C. where he had a 7th ranked scoring D. The other 11 seasons his Ds were ranked no higher than 16th of 28 in scoring D.

The team he inherited for Pittsburgh that went to the SB was in his first season which he had little to do with and it was also handed to him on a silver platter w/ talent coming out of Pittsburgh's ears rivaling that of the great Steel Curtain. His D was ranked 9th that year and should have been ranked 1st - 3rd.

His D at Cincy was ranked in the bottom 20% of the league in 4 of his 8 seasons as a D.C., and in the bottom half for 7 of 8 seasons.

His D in his 4 complete seasons as H.C. in Cincy were ranked in the bottom 10% of the league 3 of 4 seasons. The other was in the bottom third.

"We gotta get Dick Lebeau in here... in any capacity:

We do? Perhaps he'd fare better as O.C. One season of 12 in Cincy and one in Pittsburgh in which he was handed the golden goose don't impress me.