PDA

View Full Version : Official Fire Tom Clements Thread

BLOchieF7
10-31-2005, 08:32 AM
We need a new Offensive cordinator Clements Sucks, I blame him for losman, willis could have way more yards the second we start to lose he gives up on running (New Orleans,Oakland), he wants to run quick slants and stop routes? You have Eric, Lee, Roscoe, so get them the ball

Philagape
10-31-2005, 09:08 AM
Can him.

DMBcrew36
10-31-2005, 09:11 AM
I don't think Clements was the problem last night. Though, I wish he would use more screens. I think we could've gotten a 1st down with a screen last night on our final play of that final drive.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
When the Bills were near the goal line and passed 2 plays in a row after getting a nice 6-yard run on 1st down in the first half, I thought the same thing.

What sealed it for me was when he called a short 4 yard pass play to Eric Moulds on 4th down and 7! The game was on the line, he should have had every single ****ing receiver past the marker and thrown to one of them, but nooo, he called a 4 yard pass. :mad: :curse:

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 10:14 AM
When the Bills were near the goal line and passed 2 plays in a row after getting a nice 6-yard run on 1st down in the first half, I thought the same thing.

What sealed it for me was when he called a short 4 yard pass play to Eric Moulds on 4th down and 7! The game was on the line, he should have had every single ****ing receiver past the marker and thrown to one of them, but nooo, he called a 4 yard pass. :mad: :curse:

Moulds was a decoy on that play. Holcomb missed Shaud wide open in the middle of the field with running room. He was our third down stud all game. Why you overlook him is beyond me. I had a problem with Moulds' route until I heard the explanation. It was a good idea that didn't work out.

I think Clements actually called a good game. The problem is execution. These players just aren't making things happen when it matters. Overall, I think the offense is improving, they just need to put it in the endzone on these clock eating drives.

They stuck with the run last night and ate up clock. That's what this team is built to do. Unfortunately, they blew it in the last 6 minutes after playing a nice game for 54.

One thing that seems to be missing is an intermediate passing game. That may be the only knock on this offensive system...too much short stuff and not enough 15-20 yard pass plays. Clements may be asking this offense to run too many plays, incresing the chances of a mistake - penalty, sack, or turnover.

We were 7 of 14 on third downs. That's better than we have been in quite a while, that I can remember, anyway. (BTW...NE was 1 of 7.)

I don't understand why people try to pin this on the coaches. The coaches are going to present the film on this game to the players and say, "See! This is what happens when you do what we ask you to do!" Then they will show the sack/fumble (break down in protection), the stalled drives (penalties were the biggest factor), the poor decisions (especially that 4th down throw) and try to get better.

colin
10-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Moulds was a decoy on that play. Holcomb missed Shaud wide open in the middle of the field with running room. He was our third down stud all game. Why you overlook him is beyond me. I had a problem with Moulds' route until I heard the explanation. It was a good idea that didn't work out.

I think Clements actually called a good game. The problem is execution. These players just aren't making things happen when it matters. Overall, I think the offense is improving, they just need to put it in the endzone on these clock eating drives.

They stuck with the run last night and ate up clock. That's what this team is built to do. Unfortunately, they blew it in the last 6 minutes after playing a nice game for 54.

One thing that seems to be missing is an intermediate passing game. That may be the only knock on this offensive system...too much short stuff and not enough 15-20 yard pass plays. Clements may be asking this offense to run too many plays, incresing the chances of a mistake - penalty, sack, or turnover.

We were 7 of 14 on third downs. That's better than we have been in quite a while, that I can remember, anyway. (BTW...NE was 1 of 7.)

I don't understand why people try to pin this on the coaches. The coaches are going to present the film on this game to the players and say, "See! This is what happens when you do what we ask you to do!" Then they will show the sack/fumble (break down in protection), the stalled drives (penalties were the biggest factor), the poor decisions (especially that 4th down throw) and try to get better.

yeah

i hate clements, but this really was his best game so far.

he should have run a bit mroe in deep in the redzone and near our own end IMO, but other than that we had tons of horrible penalities and we still made good drives, dropped balls and so on are on the players

OpIv37
10-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Clements called a good game? The pass on 3rd and 2 that Reed dropped? The pass that Holcomb fumbled after the Pats 2nd td (when we were still winning)? The reverse to Parrish? Those plays were terrible and called at the wrong time- they all should have been runs to willis. And he only went deep twice- which is two more than he has in the past- against a team playing 2 safeties that were literally signed off the street.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Clements called a good game? The pass on 3rd and 2 that Reed dropped? The pass that Holcomb fumbled after the Pats 2nd td (when we were still winning)? The reverse to Parrish? Those plays were terrible and called at the wrong time- they all should have been runs to willis. And he only went deep twice- which is two more than he has in the past- against a team playing 2 safeties that were literally signed off the street.
How about the 2 consecutive passing plays from the 4-yard line after McGahee ran 6 yards on 1st and goal? :sigh:

DaBills
10-31-2005, 11:24 AM
About the only thing I can't say bad about his playcalling was the fact KH actually hit a few more screens than I've seen in a while. But the rest of the playcalling was ill-timed. You can not run reverses or gimmick plays that take forever to set up against BB because he knows what to look for and they are too fast laterally to be fooled. The reverse must be taken out of the playbook — it is the one sure play among many that is a proven drive-killer.

We established the run, but barely outside when it was obvious we could burn them there. Not to mention getting the ball back after a NE turnover and the first play is a pass? What's the hurry? We're up a lot at that point. We'd run it well to that point, so why not reward WM and let him take it in?

madness
10-31-2005, 12:13 PM
You guys all heard the stats last night. Last in the entire league in attempts throwing down the field.

I'm all for the ball control offense, especially seeing how well it took up the clock last night but throw deep Tom!

Evans could have caught that one deep pass but seemed to slow down about half way through the route. Could it be that he never expects to get the ball thrown to him on the route?

In order to catch the deep ball, your receivers have to be ready for it. I say if we threw the deep ball about 5 more times we would have won that game.

It's not like Tom doesn't like taking chances. How many blown gadget plays have we seen this year?

I say **** the gadget plays and focus on beating the odds down field instead of beating them in our backfield.

Unfortunately we should have seen this coming. Like JP needs time to develop, so does Clements.

Now bench him and have an experienced OC (MM) call the plays.

After we are out of playoff contention then JP and TC can have their jobs back.

Lone Stranger
10-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Using Moulds as a decoy in a critical situation makes no sense. You've got to get your best players the chance to make plays not a rookie who's made one catch all year. Really idiotic when you think about it.

colin
10-31-2005, 01:10 PM
note:

i didn't say it was a GOOD game plan, only that it was the best game that clements has called.

justasportsfan
10-31-2005, 01:19 PM
I hate his consrvativeness. I hate this "play enough to win". I want a OC w/ a killer instinct. Bring in martz. :D.

BLOchieF7
10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
sounds good^

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
I hate his consrvativeness. I hate this "play enough to win". I want a OC w/ a killer instinct. Bring in martz. :D.
There's an interesting idea. :up:

Iehoshua
10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Martz should be available after this season assuming he's bought out as rumored...

:D

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Although I want the entire front office canned, I will say the lack of deep passes probably has a little to do with KH's arm strength as well. But that's a small problem compared with the overall crappiness of our gameplan.

finsrclowns
10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Fans perspective: play works- good play by players. Play doesn't work- stupid play call. This kind of "our play calling sucks" discussion goes on on most teams by the fans. It's our right and there's nothing wrong with it. But Tom Clements called a nice game last night. We ran a lot and we stayed committed to it. McGahee carried it 31 times yet people are saying he didn't carry it enough? Stupid. We should have had more points, true, but some of that was execution, some credit to NE's D. They get paid too.

justasportsfan
10-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Fans perspective: play works- good play by players. Play doesn't work- stupid play call. This kind of "our play calling sucks" discussion goes on on most teams by the fans. It's our right and there's nothing wrong with it. But Tom Clements called a nice game last night. We ran a lot and we stayed committed to it. McGahee carried it 31 times yet people are saying he didn't carry it enough? Stupid. We should have had more points, true, but some of that was execution, some credit to NE's D. They get paid too.he did make the right calls if your team had a D that was consistent.

RedEyE
10-31-2005, 03:23 PM
I though the play calling in the first half was pretty good....at least until we would get inside the redzone. The second half was just plain dog crap.

frank74
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
the only problem i have with last night occurred late in the 4th quarter. we were up by 9 with the clock in our hands and we insisted on throwing the ball. we had great success on the ground all game, and when we needed to control the clock, we stopped running. ??? i don't get it

BLOchieF7
11-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Fire the ahole!

BAM
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
It's more or less Mularkey running it anyways, isn't it?

BLOchieF7
11-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Run the damn ball 40 times if u gotta

BLOchieF7
11-02-2005, 08:13 AM
let losman manage the game like big ben, kyle orton, and eli

Dozerdog
11-02-2005, 08:21 AM
1) Stop the trick plays- get to those when the regular ones work

2) Playcalling last night for the most part was pretty good. We dominated Time of possession for over 3 quarters- on the road- vs the champs

3) Need improvement in the red zone playcalling. Trick plays, handoffs to the FB- all crap. Hell- put JP in and give the D a running threat from the QB.

madness
11-02-2005, 08:28 AM
1) Stop the trick plays- get to those when the regular ones work

2) Playcalling last night for the most part was pretty good. We dominated Time of possession for over 3 quarters- on the road- vs the champs

3) Need improvement in the red zone playcalling. Trick plays, handoffs to the FB- all crap. Hell- put JP in and give the D a running threat from the QB.

You bring up a good point. MM is always talking about getting his best players on the field and involved with the offense. Where does that leave JP?