PDA

View Full Version : You’ve got to be the king of the pessimists

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
If you weren’t impressed by that game last night! Sure there were mistakes but every team makes mistakes. You don’t get flawless games in the NFL. Plus nobody thought we had a chance to lose by less then 20 and we dominated them for 53 minutes. If our Offense could just finish drives, we may have won this game going away.

I came away impressed. I almost have to think that we may have been looking past Oakland last week. Which is no excuse, just what I think.

All that being said, I’m probably ready to give the ball to JP! I’ll be cool if they want to give Kelly the ball for one more game. Esp. if NE losses to Indy next week. But at the same time, I’ll be fine with JP.

Now that’s a concept that’s going to blow the minds of most of the people here. I don’t care who they start next week. I’ll be happy and fine with either.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 08:51 AM
I feel the same way. I'm not giving up yet.

HHURRICANE
10-31-2005, 08:51 AM
Can I tell you that I have had to endure your silly posts for 8 days now! You were the one that kept saying we were going to win this game. You also called everybody out for being down on this team. We lost!!!! Now, it's okay that we played hard for 53 minutes and it does not matter who we start?! Can you finish High School before you post anymore!! :yucky:

DMBcrew36
10-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Ok, the thing is, I DID think this was a winable game. And we were doing just that, until we got screwed by the refs on that Moulds Pass Interference call. ANYWAYS, the fact is, this team is not ready to take the next step, therefore, it is time to continue the development of JP. Do we really want to throw away another year next year?

BillsFever21
10-31-2005, 08:58 AM
How the hell can you be impressed about losing a game up by 9 points with 6 minutes to go?

Our coaching staff sucks, we're 3-5 and two games behind the Patriots, we're playing(and losing) with a QB who has no future, we haven't won a road game this season. What the hell is there to be happy about?

We just went 2-3 through the only winnable part of our schedule. I don't see one damn thing to be happy about.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 08:58 AM
Can I tell you that I have had to endure your silly posts for 8 days now! You were the one that kept saying we were going to win this game. You also called everybody out for being down on this team. We lost!!!! Now, it's okay that we played hard for 53 minutes and it does not matter who we start?! Can you finish High School before you post anymore!! :yucky:
Hurricane, you’re a moron! There’s no doubt about it.

Show me one of my posts. Just one! Where I said that we were going to win that game last week! Go ahead!

Bufftp
10-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Attack the post not the poster. i.e. that was a moronic post.....

God forgive me Patrick but for the most part I was impressed with the Bills despite the loss. But that may be due to lowered expectations, more than thier play. The end result is I see hope, the depressing part is wether this coaching staff is able enough to put it all together.

Mudflap1
10-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Classic double-edged sword kinda game. We dominated on the road for 3 1/2 quarters against a team many (including me) thought was far-and-away better than us. However, we choked at the end. Sure, there were some tough calls, but you can't blame the refs. We were up 16-7 with 6 minutes to go and lost. That's coaching. No leadership, no resolve, and the champions took care of us.

So yes, it's encouraging that they played a good road game for once, but we don't have anything to show for it other than a big L.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Yes Pat I was hammered last night and I am still upset about last night. I was impressed by the teams play over all and we should have won. I am frustrated about how it ended.

HURRICANE, Pat makes some good points and always is a voice of reason around here. No need with the high school remarks.

HHURRICANE
10-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Hurricane, you’re a moron! There’s no doubt about it.

Show me one of my posts. Just one! Where I said that we were going to win that game last week! Go ahead!

This makes it even worse. Your right! I stand corrected. I had mistakenly thought with all of your rah, rahs that you predicted a win. No where did you say the Bills were going to win. Thats some real conviction.

Bad teams in a 16 game season are going to play well at times. So go the Bills. They still lost. Period. 3-5 half way through the season in a very mediocre division. The problem with this "we are still in it attitude" is we end up sacrificing next season as well. These games are not even fun to watch. I'd rather lose 37-34 and show some flashes on offense. Even though the Eagles lost badly to the Broncos they were still entertaining. Start JP!!

OpIv37
10-31-2005, 09:30 AM
I have to admit that I was impressed to a degree- I wish we would have pulled it out, but we went on national TV and made a game of it. All the factors in this game were going against us and it had "blowout" written all over it, but we kept it close in a game no one expected to win.

That being said, we still lost. We still lost to two AWFUL teams in the Saints and Raiders. And the Bucs aren't looking so spectacular anymore either. We've reached a point where we might not make the playoffs even if we win out (which ain't gonna happen). So **** it- the only thing I want to see out of this season is improvement from Losman.

lordofgun
10-31-2005, 09:30 AM
I was impressed with everyone but Holcomb and Josh Reed!

The refs screwed us big time.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 09:32 AM
This makes it even worse. Your right! I stand corrected. I had mistakenly thought with all of your rah, rahs that you predicted a win. No where did you say the Bills were going to win. Thats some real conviction.

Bad teams in a 16 game season are going to play well at times. So go the Bills. They still lost. Period. 3-5 half way through the season in a very mediocre division. The problem with this "we are still in it attitude" is we end up sacrificing next season as well. These games are not even fun to watch. I'd rather lose 37-34 and show some flashes on offense. Even though the Eagles lost badly to the Broncos they were still entertaining. Start JP!!
HH my man, it’s not about conviction. I expected us to lose last night. I said as much.

You were mad at me because of my opinion that the Offense wasn’t getting enough blame for the season!

Then I made a post about how winning the division should be the number one goal. And that if we could somehow manage to pull out the game, we would be in good shape for a division title.

It’s not about conviction. That’s the second time you’ve put words into my mouth.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 09:34 AM
I have to admit that I was impressed to a degree- I wish we would have pulled it out, but we went on national TV and made a game of it. All the factors in this game were going against us and it had "blowout" written all over it, but we kept it close in a game no one expected to win.

That being said, we still lost. We still lost to two AWFUL teams in the Saints and Raiders. And the Bucs aren't looking so spectacular anymore either. We've reached a point where we might not make the playoffs even if we win out (which ain't gonna happen). So **** it- the only thing I want to see out of this season is improvement from Losman.
Hold up on the Bucs point!!!!! I’ll give you everything else but when we played the Bucs they had a healthy Carnell Williams and Brian Griese.

Now they’re playing with a chump QB and Williams with an Arch injury. This is a TOTALLY different Tampa Bay team.

Gunzlingr
10-31-2005, 09:42 AM
I was impressed for the most part, but wasn't impressed with Holcomb or the officiating. You know you get shafted when Theismann and pals pull their heads out of the Patriots' asses and say that either the call will be overturned (the questionable catch) or that there was no interference (Moulds, when both had their hands on each other). Holcomb throwing to Moulds on the 4th down play was assinine. Why not go for broke and air it out. If it is picked, you are in no worse shape than turning it over by throwing to the line of scrimmage.

At least it wasn't the asswhooping that I was expecting.

HHURRICANE
10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
HH my man, it’s not about conviction. I expected us to lose last night. I said as much.

It’s not about conviction. That’s the second time you’ve put words into my mouth.

Okay, let's use your words in this thread:

"You’ve got to be the king of the pessimists If you weren’t impressed by that game last night!"

I'm not impressed. We mismanged the clock with 5 minutes left. We threw short on 4th and 7. Milloy and Fletcher both gave up big plays all night. We started a rookie for punt returns. We challenged 2 plays that stood. We scored a whopping 16 points.

"we dominated them for 53 minutes."

Unfortunately thats why they play for 60 minutes. The Bills had the lower score after 60 minutes. Thats called a loss!

"Sure there were mistakes but every team makes mistakes. You don’t get flawless games in the NFL." and "If our Offense could just finish drives"

And this is why your posts drive me crazy. And if I were 7' 10" maybe I'd be a Laker. You are accepting mediocrity!! There is a big difference between a realist and a pessimist!!!

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Okay, let's use your words in this thread:

"You’ve got to be the king of the pessimists If you weren’t impressed by that game last night!"

I'm not impressed.

Then you're the king!

"we dominated them for 53 minutes."

Unfortunately thats why they play for 60 minutes. The Bills had the lower score after 60 minutes. Thats called a loss!

This is more about context! It's not that you're putting words in my mouth so much as taking them out of context. I believe the full quote was, Nobody expected us to stay within 20 and yet we dominated for 53 minutes. Also, I didn't say that this was an excuse! Thanks for the 60 minute cliche but I already knew that one.

"Sure there were mistakes but every team makes mistakes. You don’t get flawless games in the NFL." and "If our Offense could just finish drives"

And this is why your posts drive me crazy. And if I were 7' 10" maybe I'd be a Laker. You are accepting mediocrity!! There is a big difference between a realist and a pessimist!!!

Baby steps man! It's not about accepting medicocrity! This team isn't the best in the league right now, so I don't expect that. Right now in the NFL 1 team is great, 4 or 5 are very bad, 4 or 5 are very good, and the rest are stuck right in the middle. We're in the middle. Back to my point from earlier. You don't just improve over the offseason. It is possible to improve during the season. And I thought last night was an improvement. I'd just like to build off of that. Building a winning attitude baby!

BillsFever21
10-31-2005, 11:01 AM

Same here. It's not fun watching us lose with an old journeymen QB with no future. At least JP was fun to watch lose with. You have hope for a future and you get to see him make some plays with his legs. There is just no fun in watching Holcomb lose.

This bum fumbles every game. He has 7 TO's in his 4 starts against weak teams and less then stellar defenses this year. That just isn't gonna cut it.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 11:07 AM
At least JP was fun to watch lose with.

Wow, you enjoyed those Tampa Bay and New Orleans games?

Last night was way more entertaining.

Besides for all that Bruschi crap.

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Um, you don't DOMINATE a team for 3-1/2 quarters and only have a nine point lead.

And, like others, the only reason I was mildly impressed was because we weren't manhandled like everyone else thought we would be. Of course that makes the loss that much tougher to take considering how we lost.

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Um, you don't DOMINATE a team for 3-1/2 quarters and only have a nine point lead.

And, like others, the only reason I was mildly impressed was because we weren't manhandled like everyone else thought we would be. Of course that makes the loss that much tougher to take considering how we lost.

TigerJ
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
There were good things that happened in the game. Buffalo actually attempted two fairly long passes, completing one to Moulds for a TD. Granted the other one looked like the perfect example of why Holcomb should never attempt a deep pass. His arm looked really weak. Willis McGahee also ran well on the road, something he's not done particularly well thus far this year. Holcomb can clearly move the ball. The run defense was not quite as bad as it has been, though that might be due more to the fact that NE's only healthy RB got hurt early, and Corey Dillon, who finished the game, was hobbled by an injury earlier in the year. All in all, I thought Buffalo played NE a lot tougher than I had expected.

That said, there is a whole lot of room for improvement. That's my biggest dissappointment this year. The Bills looked good down the stretch last year (except for the final game against Pittsburgh) and I was hoping that they would only build on it this year. Instead they appear to have taken a couple steps backward. Part of that was the departure of Bledsoe. I agreed it was time for Bledsoe to go, and I knew that would cause some disruption, but I think Buffalo got worse in areas unconnected with QB, and that's been really disappointing. This game was a microcosm of the season so far. Not quite good enough.