X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

You’ve got to be the king of the pessimists

If you weren’t impressed by that game last night! Sure there were mistakes but every team makes mistakes. You don’t get flawless games in the NFL. Plus nobody thought we had a chance to lose by less then 20 and we dominated them for 53 minutes. If our Offense could just finish drives, we may have won this game going away.

I came away impressed. I almost have to think that we may have been looking past Oakland last week. Which is no excuse, just what I think.

All that being said, I’m probably ready to give the ball to JP! I’ll be cool if they want to give Kelly the ball for one more game. Esp. if NE losses to Indy next week. But at the same time, I’ll be fine with JP.

Now that’s a concept that’s going to blow the minds of most of the people here. I don’t care who they start next week. I’ll be happy and fine with either.
    Resign our own guys!
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: You’ve got to be the king of the pessimists

I feel the same way. I'm not giving up yet.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Can I tell you that I have had to endure your silly posts for 8 days now! You were the one that kept saying we were going to win this game. You also called everybody out for being down on this team. We lost!!!! Now, it's okay that we played hard for 53 minutes and it does not matter who we start?! Can you finish High School before you post anymore!!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Ok, the thing is, I DID think this was a winable game. And we were doing just that, until we got screwed by the refs on that Moulds Pass Interference call. ANYWAYS, the fact is, this team is not ready to take the next step, therefore, it is time to continue the development of JP. Do we really want to throw away another year next year?

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

How the hell can you be impressed about losing a game up by 9 points with 6 minutes to go?

Our coaching staff sucks, we're 3-5 and two games behind the Patriots, we're playing(and losing) with a QB who has no future, we haven't won a road game this season. What the hell is there to be happy about?

We just went 2-3 through the only winnable part of our schedule. I don't see one damn thing to be happy about.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Can I tell you that I have had to endure your silly posts for 8 days now! You were the one that kept saying we were going to win this game. You also called everybody out for being down on this team. We lost!!!! Now, it's okay that we played hard for 53 minutes and it does not matter who we start?! Can you finish High School before you post anymore!!
            Hurricane, you’re a moron! There’s no doubt about it.

Show me one of my posts. Just one! Where I said that we were going to win that game last week! Go ahead!
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Attack the post not the poster. i.e. that was a moronic post.....

God forgive me Patrick but for the most part I was impressed with the Bills despite the loss. But that may be due to lowered expectations, more than thier play. The end result is I see hope, the depressing part is wether this coaching staff is able enough to put it all together.
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
              to be led by permanent ideals -
              that is what keeps a man patient
              when the world ignores him,
              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Classic double-edged sword kinda game. We dominated on the road for 3 1/2 quarters against a team many (including me) thought was far-and-away better than us. However, we choked at the end. Sure, there were some tough calls, but you can't blame the refs. We were up 16-7 with 6 minutes to go and lost. That's coaching. No leadership, no resolve, and the champions took care of us.

So yes, it's encouraging that they played a good road game for once, but we don't have anything to show for it other than a big L.

Jon

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Yes Pat I was hammered last night and I am still upset about last night. I was impressed by the teams play over all and we should have won. I am frustrated about how it ended.

HURRICANE, Pat makes some good points and always is a voice of reason around here. No need with the high school remarks.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    Hurricane, you’re a moron! There’s no doubt about it.

Show me one of my posts. Just one! Where I said that we were going to win that game last week! Go ahead!
                    This makes it even worse. Your right! I stand corrected. I had mistakenly thought with all of your rah, rahs that you predicted a win. No where did you say the Bills were going to win. Thats some real conviction.

Bad teams in a 16 game season are going to play well at times. So go the Bills. They still lost. Period. 3-5 half way through the season in a very mediocre division. The problem with this "we are still in it attitude" is we end up sacrificing next season as well. These games are not even fun to watch. I'd rather lose 37-34 and show some flashes on offense. Even though the Eagles lost badly to the Broncos they were still entertaining. Start JP!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I have to admit that I was impressed to a degree- I wish we would have pulled it out, but we went on national TV and made a game of it. All the factors in this game were going against us and it had "blowout" written all over it, but we kept it close in a game no one expected to win.

That being said, we still lost. We still lost to two AWFUL teams in the Saints and Raiders. And the Bucs aren't looking so spectacular anymore either. We've reached a point where we might not make the playoffs even if we win out (which ain't gonna happen). So **** it- the only thing I want to see out of this season is improvement from Losman.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

I was impressed with everyone but Holcomb and Josh Reed!

The refs screwed us big time.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Patrick76777
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          This makes it even worse. Your right! I stand corrected. I had mistakenly thought with all of your rah, rahs that you predicted a win. No where did you say the Bills were going to win. Thats some real conviction.

Bad teams in a 16 game season are going to play well at times. So go the Bills. They still lost. Period. 3-5 half way through the season in a very mediocre division. The problem with this "we are still in it attitude" is we end up sacrificing next season as well. These games are not even fun to watch. I'd rather lose 37-34 and show some flashes on offense. Even though the Eagles lost badly to the Broncos they were still entertaining. Start JP!!
                          HH my man, it’s not about conviction. I expected us to lose last night. I said as much.

You were mad at me because of my opinion that the Offense wasn’t getting enough blame for the season!

Then I made a post about how winning the division should be the number one goal. And that if we could somehow manage to pull out the game, we would be in good shape for a division title.

It’s not about conviction. That’s the second time you’ve put words into my mouth.
                          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            I have to admit that I was impressed to a degree- I wish we would have pulled it out, but we went on national TV and made a game of it. All the factors in this game were going against us and it had "blowout" written all over it, but we kept it close in a game no one expected to win.

That being said, we still lost. We still lost to two AWFUL teams in the Saints and Raiders. And the Bucs aren't looking so spectacular anymore either. We've reached a point where we might not make the playoffs even if we win out (which ain't gonna happen). So **** it- the only thing I want to see out of this season is improvement from Losman.
                            Hold up on the Bucs point!!!!! I’ll give you everything else but when we played the Bucs they had a healthy Carnell Williams and Brian Griese.

Now they’re playing with a chump QB and Williams with an Arch injury. This is a TOTALLY different Tampa Bay team.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

I was impressed for the most part, but wasn't impressed with Holcomb or the officiating. You know you get shafted when Theismann and pals pull their heads out of the Patriots' asses and say that either the call will be overturned (the questionable catch) or that there was no interference (Moulds, when both had their hands on each other). Holcomb throwing to Moulds on the 4th down play was assinine. Why not go for broke and air it out. If it is picked, you are in no worse shape than turning it over by throwing to the line of scrimmage.

At least it wasn't the asswhooping that I was expecting.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X