PDA

View Full Version : I go thru this every year.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Forgive me for not having a quitter’s attitude. Each year I hold out hope until the week we’re officially eliminated from the playoffs. It’s just the way I roll. A few reasons…..

1. I’m not a quitter
2. The offseason is WAY too long to be starting on October 31. It’s bad enough that I have to spend January to September thinking about “next season” I’m going hold out hope as long as possible.
3. It’s possible for a team to get better during the season. (Many won’t be able to grasp this concept)
4. Sure we’re not going to win the Superbowl, but a winning attitude, a division title, some playoff experience could go a long way towards helping next year’s team. And like I said in the other thread, if it’s done with JP, so be it. I’m cool with both guys.

Like I said, I go thru it every year. I was told I was nuts last year.

Last year we went to NE and got rolled! We were 3-6! The QB looked terrible, the defense got gashed, we couldn’t run the ball and NE was a good 5 games ahead of us for the division title. Contrary to popular belief, there was NO reason for optimism after 9 weeks for last year’s team. People thought I was nuts, but we were in it week 17!

Now I know the schedule was so “easy” but nobody had us beating Stl at home and Seattle on the road. Those games were only “easy” after they were played but before each game they were penciled in as losses by just about everybody.

So call me crazy all you want. But until we’re mathematically eliminated, I will be looking for a way.

And I still have no clue why that bothers so many people. Blows me away!

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I agree, I'm the same way. I just get very frustrated, especially after the Bills lose games that they should win.

Oh well, let's see what happens vs the Chefs.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 11:21 AM
I am not a quitter Pat but last night may have officially made me a beaten man. I went into the game expecting us to be blown out. Then we dominate the game only to blow it at the end. I just can't take this crap anymore. This is why I think it will be easier for me to lose with JP in there.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
I am not a quitter Pat but last night may have officially made me a beaten man. I went into the game expecting us to be blown out. Then we dominate the game only to blow it at the end. I just can't take this crap anymore. This is why I think it will be easier for me to lose with JP in there.
I hear you man. My all-time low point was after that NE loss last year. I seriously thought we were going to be doomed forever. Then we ran off 6 straight. Not saying we’ll do that again, but it’s crazy how things happen.

I feel your pain.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 11:38 AM
It's been too long. I'm doubting TD. Now what? What do we have to do this offseason (not that this one is over yet)?

We've been rebuilding for how many years? This time, we did nothing but push. Did absolutely nothing to improve the team from last season. They guys are not getting any younger. No what? Keep Nate? Moulds? Adams? Milloy and Vincent are going downhill.

The team has played far below expectations the last few years. It's sickening.

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
I hear you man. My all-time low point was after that NE loss last year. I seriously thought we were going to be doomed forever. Then we ran off 6 straight. Not saying we’ll do that again, but it’s crazy how things happen.

I feel your pain.
I felt lower getting thrashed by Oakland last week.

Good time for a bye to regroup and not make any rash decisions.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm totally with you. I expected a blowout, then got excited because I thought the Bills were actually going to win. Then with 10 minutes to go, I saw something that I should have figured would happen, but hoped it wouldn't. The Bills put their hand in my chest, ripped my heart out and stomped on it. It really hurt. :sigh: :(

Voltron
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
I was sick in bed and didn't watch. I am actually glad I was sick after seeing peoples reactions :sadwalk:

Moulds80
10-31-2005, 12:56 PM
i was at the game last night, wearing my eric moulds jersey proud, especially after he caught that catch and put it in the endzone.

it was tough whenm they astarted to slip last night and eventually blew it. however i wont give up until i know we are done, and even then you cant give up. all you have to hope for is that the games will give our future guys expierence.

mysticsoto
10-31-2005, 01:02 PM
I was sick in bed and didn't watch. I am actually glad I was sick after seeing peoples reactions :sadwalk:

I would watch it anyway. There were alot of positives also and the entire 1st half was a good domination by the Bills. Yeah, we lost, but it doesn't mean the Bills didn't play well. Certain points in the 4th quarter are where we crumbled and there were opportunities which weren't grabbed...but I still didn't think it was a bad game for us...

Dozerdog
10-31-2005, 01:05 PM
I felt lower getting thrashed by Oakland last week.

Good time for a bye to regroup and not make any rash decisions.

Oakland and New Orleans losses were way worse- those teams should have been beat easily. This was the defending champs and we kicked their asses for 45-50 minutes.

Win or lose, we showed we have the skill level to beat people. We just have to actually do it.

OpIv37
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
3. It’s possible for a team to get better during the season. (Many won’t be able to grasp this concept)
!

1. Have you seen any signs of improvement?
2. We're already in a 3-5 hole. One more loss and we're pretty much out of it.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
I admire your optimism, Patrick, but our schedule and our various problems have led me to believe that we should just play JP and some of the other young guys, and not be too disappointed if we end up under .500.

If we win some, it will be a bonus. But at least we will be making strides toward being more competitive next year.

justasportsfan
10-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Same here, I will never give up nor will I apologize for being postive and hopefull. I've never been so proud and disappointed at the same time about the bills like I did last night.I won't give up either simply because the entire AFCE is crap and we are still in it.

I can't stand this possesion football. I hate this conservative gameday decisions on O. We aren't gonna kill any teams this way. This conservative crap is gonna keep teams close enough for teams to come back like the pats did last night. If our D was as good as it was last year than fine. But this year, they aren't gonna be beating teams.

I hated Gilbride for always throwing and now I'm hating Clements for always throwing 5-10 yds deep. The smash mouth worked last night because the Pats are terrible at stopping the run. Having a passing game game that could hurt opponents at least 20-40 yds would've given us a big enough lead to go smashmouth.

However, I think it's time to put Jp in. Jp has the arm to throw deep. It's time to develop him.

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't think we should give up on the season, I just think it would be foolish to delay the development of Losman any longer.
I also think, as I've said in a few other threads, that Anderson should be benched in favor of Preston. That guy is a drive killer on pass plays and Clements seems to be determined to run the ball behind Villarreal, anyway.

madness
10-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Great post Patrick, I totally agree with you. :bf1:

I find it absolutely hillarious what I'm hearing. The doubters who didn't give the Bills a shot in hell in the first place are upset because they kept it close and lost it in the end.

"That's not half full, it's empty! There's not a drop of damn water in that glass! Wait..what's that? Holy storm clouds batman! There is water in there! Hallejuah, we have water! What? It's just shy of the halfway mark? ****! Dump it out, it's no ****ing good. Now we have to start all over again. Get the waterboy...

JP!! Get your ass over here and fill this glass and you better make sure it's full this time!"