PDA

View Full Version : The Holcomb Honeymoon is over

Kerr
10-31-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm not going to lay all the blame on this guy, but he threw a real bad pass that should have never been thrown to asante samuel. It killed the drive and blew our chance to at least get a fg. The fumble from the Colvin hit wasn't his fault because Colvin came from his blindside unblocked. The one that really sinks in is his short pass on 4th down. I mean I don't understand why he couldn't have tried to run with the ball at least to make an effort to get the 1st down. This is what sets starters from backups in this league. Right now, all we have are backups on our team. Losman can eventually be a starter, but it is unknown how far along he's come sitting on the bench. Regardless, we found out this team is not good enough to beat the top teams. I mean, NE must really be that good or buffalo just plain sucks because NE was missing so many players with injuries. They were missing Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Ty Pool etc..
C'mon if you can't beat this team when they are that hurt, then you've got problems. If we were missing a few of our tops guys, we'd be toast.

Anyway, It's time Losman gets back in there and show if there's anything he's learned from watching holcomb play. Hopefully Losman will display some type of improvement. One thing I hope the coaches do is allow Losman to get more plays suited for his style like roll outs and more shotgun plays on 1st down and so forth.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Time to develop our future starter. Please, Mularkey. :pray:

lordofgun
10-31-2005, 09:31 AM
We never should have pulled JP.

OpIv37
10-31-2005, 09:32 AM
On that interception, Holcomb looked RIGHT AT Moulds when the team broke the huddle and went to the LOS. Then he did a half-assed glance towards Evans, snapped the ball, and NEVER took his eyes off Moulds. That's how Samuel got the jump on the ball.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 09:37 AM
We never should have pulled JP.
Thank you! :bf1:

Michael82
10-31-2005, 09:39 AM
On that interception, Holcomb looked RIGHT AT Moulds when the team broke the huddle and went to the LOS. Then he did a half-assed glance towards Evans, snapped the ball, and NEVER took his eyes off Moulds. That's how Samuel got the jump on the ball.
He looks soo much like Drew Bledsoe did, it's scary. Why the hell would people be satisfied with him, when they couldn't stand Drew Bledsoe? :scratch: :ill:

Time to fix the terrible mistake, go back to JP Losman and don't look back. We need to develop our future. PLEASE!!! :pray:

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 11:39 AM
He looks soo much like Drew Bledsoe did, it's scary. Why the hell would people be satisfied with him, when they couldn't stand Drew Bledsoe? :scratch: :ill:
Time to fix the terrible mistake, go back to JP Losman and don't look back. We need to develop our future. PLEASE!!! :pray:
My thoughts, exactly. We couldn't live with Bledsoe - a flawed QB but a potential Hall-of-Famer - and yet we embrace Holcomb, a journeyman and career backup?

If anyone thinks Holcomb is the future, they should pull their money out of information and communications, and find some nice buggy whip and TV antenna stocks.

We need to start JP NOW, and for the remainder of the season, and live with his mistakes.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:55 PM
My thoughts, exactly. We couldn't live with Bledsoe - a flawed QB but a potential Hall-of-Famer - and yet we embrace Holcomb, a journeyman and career backup?

If anyone thinks Holcomb is the future, they should pull their money out of information and communications, and find some nice buggy whip and TV antenna stocks.

We need to start JP NOW, and for the remainder of the season, and live with his mistakes.
Nice post. :bf1: