Last year, we held on to the playoff pipedream too long....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Last year, we held on to the playoff pipedream too long....

We need to learn from last year. Bledsoe started because we were winning and had a shot at the playoffs. Well, we didn't make the playoffs and we set JP's development back half a season. Let's learn from our mistakes and just accept the fact that this team isn't going to make the playoffs. Even if we win out, NE could still take the division from us, and the wild card race is going to be too tight for us to sneak in.

We need to start JP NOW. It's time to start building for the future. I don't care if we don't win another game as long as players like Losman, Evans, Parrish, Peters, and Crowell start to show improvement that we can take into next season.

Well, let me clarify: If we lose, I'll still be pissed after the games. But in the long run, 11-5 is no different than 3-13 if you're not in the playoffs. I'd rather see these young guys develop than keep Holcomb in only to fall 2 games short of the playoffs again.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Last year, we held on to the playoff pipedream too long....

bump
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

At this point I have to agree with you. I hope the Mularkey has the sense to make the switch back, but my gut tells me that Holcomb starts at least 4 more games.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

They could take advantage of the next two weeks to prepare the kid.......but will they?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
          They could take advantage of the next two weeks to prepare the kid.......but will they?
          that's why this is the perfect time to put him back in- he can get two weeks of practice reps with the first team.

But who knows if they'll use the opportunity. Mularkey and TD haven't exactly been on my list of "People making smart decisions" lately.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

ok, i agree on starting losman now but i ain't gonna allow you to say we hung on too long last year.

let me say this as gently and warmly as possible - have you lost your frikken latino (or is it latina, no latino) mind?!? they bills were crushing people last year during their run. they were a smokin' machine. granted, the season ending collapse was the worst choke in team history (yes it was, don't even go there), but the run was magnificent.

even knowing what I know now I'd rather have that run than jp sucking ass last year. yes, we'd probably have more wins now, but that was some fun-ass football for a long time. i enjoyed it, especially since i've learned to blank my mind out from that last game.

what were we talking about again?
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
              ok, i agree on starting losman now but i ain't gonna allow you to say we hung on too long last year.
              let me say this as gently and warmly as possible - have you lost your frikken latino (or is it latina, no latino) mind?!? they bills were crushing people last year during their run. they were a smokin' machine. granted, the season ending collapse was the worst choke in team history (yes it was, don't even go there), but the run was magnificent.
              even knowing what I know now I'd rather have that run than jp sucking ass last year. yes, we'd probably have more wins now, but that was some fun-ass football for a long time. i enjoyed it, especially since i've learned to blank my mind out from that last game.
              what were we talking about again?

Ok I have to admit the end of last year was fun- it's kind of coming from a hindsight perspective. The Bills didn't make the playoffs, and as such it would have been better to get JP experience last year as long as we weren't getting in.

Of course, last year wasn't this year. We're not going to make another run like we did with this impossible schedule. It's time to throw in the towel for this season and play JP. Will Mularkey do that? I doubt it, but that's what SHOULD be done for the future of this franchise.

(oh and for the record, my wife is Latina but I'm, well, white I guess- Irish, Italian and German. I was surprised as you to find out that this kind of marriage is legal in Virginia).
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

The difference in making a run last year and making one this year is we had a cupcake schedule and a defense and ST's that went wild.

Neither of the three are happening this year. We have a tough schedule, our defense is sucking and our ST's aren't getting TD's.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Giving up when the odds are stacked against you is always the easy way out for you , huh OP ? Throw in the towel.

I agree w/ putting Jp in there but don't give up. Are you sure you're not part french?

sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tinboy
                    • Aug 2004

I'm a firm beliver that this year shedule will only benefit JP development.

Let's go with JP, perhaps we will some game at the end of the season.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Giving up when the odds are stacked against you is always the easy way out for you , huh OP ? Throw in the towel.
                      I agree w/ putting Jp in there but don't give up. Are you sure you're not part french?
                      well the problem with playing when the odds are against you is that you usually LOSE- that's why the odds are against you. Sure, there's always the chance for a miracle, but you can't take that chance every time. We took that chance last year, and all it did was cost JP development time and give us fans false hopes for this year.

This time, we need to take a long-term perspective. Keeping Holcomb in to win an extra 2 or 3 games this year isn't going to get us into the playoffs or help us in the future. Playing JP will, because he will either develop into a starting-caliber QB or we'll know we need to keep looking. But either way we're better off doing that than having him as a big question mark on the bench.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

As I said before. You play your heart out as long as you have a chance. Right now, the bills have a chance!

Quitting on the season now has more of an effect that people realize. Putting JP in tells the other 52 guys that we are quitting on the season. That is the easiest way for players to not show up to game... As long as the belief is that we have a chance... the guys will show up to play!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                          As I said before. You play your heart out as long as you have a chance. Right now, the bills have a chance!

Quitting on the season now has more of an effect that people realize. Putting JP in tells the other 52 guys that we are quitting on the season. That is the easiest way for players to not show up to game... As long as the belief is that we have a chance... the guys will show up to play!
                          what makes you think they believe they have a chance now? We lost to the Saints and Raiders, and still have to play KC, SD, Denver and NE again.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            The difference in making a run last year and making one this year is we had a cupcake schedule and a defense and ST's that went wild.

Neither of the three are happening this year. We have a tough schedule, our defense is sucking and our ST's aren't getting TD's.
                            Totally right!! START JP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Sure, there's always the chance for a miracle, but you can't take that chance every time.
                              wrong, when there's hope or a chance you grab that oppurtunity. I couldn't care if Shane Mathews was in there. You play to win. You play to win and not play just for the sake of showing up. We obviously don't share the same philosophy when I say" When the odds are against you you fight to survive. You don't just lay down and die."
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X