PDA

View Full Version : Serious QB question!

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 10:17 AM
I could go either way right now! Holcomb isn’t great but he’s managing the game. Besides for the disaster in Oakland, I think he’s giving us a nice opportunity to win.

At the same time, I’m totally cool with giving Losman another shot! I see the point of those who say he needs to get playing time for next season.

I love holding onto the hopes of the playoffs, but at this point the difference between the 2 is that with Holcomb we probably get eliminated from playoff contention in week 16 or 17 and with JP we’re out of it by week 14 or 15. Again, please don’t kill me for this, it’s only that I think Holcomb could probably hold it together and possibly pull off a split of the next 2 games and keep us in it a little longer, whereas JP will struggle the first couple before hopefully putting it together late.

Now, I want JP to succeed more then anything. I’d love nothing more then to have him be the man for the next 10 years. But as we all know, 1st round QB busts are very common. JP is not immune to this.

So here’s my question. What if he comes in and we go 1-7 the rest of the way and his play doesn’t appear to get any better? What do we do for next year?

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm with you there 100%. Most people on here want everyone to side extreme one way or the other. Right now I want JP in there to see what he's got. To help him develop. If they go with Kelly, I'm ok with it too.

Very good question if JP goes in and puts up more duds like he did the other games he started.

DaBills
10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
We don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The playoffs are for teams that win on the road. The playoffs are for teams that beat the teams they're supposed to — and that's not the Bills at this point.

I'm just curious how many NY Giant fans are eating crow now who also bashed Manning week 4 last year. JP should've been left in because at least he would have gone through adversity with his team on the field.

Moulds cryed for a new QB. He got his wish and now the situation's no better, and the D STILL has not been addressed. Might as well put AVP in at this point.

We have a team that can only put together two quarters of football. We have a D that can't hold teams to just 2 TD's scoring, and we have an O that can't score MORE than two TD's. That's a recipe for 6-10 and 'Home during playoffs' no matter who's in.

BILL$ B@$HER
10-31-2005, 10:43 AM
with your season nearly over give it to JP loserman. if he is your next QB of the future get him in their now so he can get more play time. if hes not keep holcomb in. holcomb looks better than loserman right now.

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
We don't deserve to be in the playoffs. The playoffs are for teams that win on the road. The playoffs are for teams that beat the teams they're supposed to — and that's not the Bills at this point.
I'm just curious how many NY Giant fans are eating crow now who also bashed Manning week 4 last year. JP should've been left in because at least he would have gone through adversity with his team on the field.
Moulds cryed for a new QB. He got his wish and now the situation's no better, and the D STILL has not been addressed. Might as well put AVP in at this point.
We have a team that can only put together two quarters of football. We have a D that can't hold teams to just 2 TD's scoring, and we have an O that can't score MORE than two TD's. That's a recipe for 6-10 and 'Home during playoffs' no matter who's in.
Didn’t really answer my question.

Don’t know what question you were answering.

X-Era
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
I could go either way right now! Holcomb isn’t great but he’s managing the game. Besides for the disaster in Oakland, I think he’s giving us a nice opportunity to win.

At the same time, I’m totally cool with giving Losman another shot! I see the point of those who say he needs to get playing time for next season.

I love holding onto the hopes of the playoffs, but at this point the difference between the 2 is that with Holcomb we probably get eliminated from playoff contention in week 16 or 17 and with JP we’re out of it by week 14 or 15. Again, please don’t kill me for this, it’s only that I think Holcomb could probably hold it together and possibly pull off a split of the next 2 games and keep us in it a little longer, whereas JP will struggle the first couple before hopefully putting it together late.

Now, I want JP to succeed more then anything. I’d love nothing more then to have him be the man for the next 10 years. But as we all know, 1st round QB busts are very common. JP is not immune to this.

So here’s my question. What if he comes in and we go 1-7 the rest of the way and his play doesn’t appear to get any better? What do we do for next year?

I dont know, ask Eli!

I hate to be like that, your question is valid. There is just no way around playing Losman to find out. What compounds it even farther is that even if he stinks the joint up the rest of the year. You could very easily STILL not know whether he is good or not. Thats my point on Eli. He stunk last year and this year s playing very well.

Us fans need to have the guts to stick with JP for the rest of the year and most of next REGARDLESS of the wins and losses to find out whether he is good or not. The same fans that bashed him 4 games in will whine for that entire period until mid next year. Prepare yourself for it.

Now, if you ask me who could we get instead that already proven, I would answer no one. Why? not because proven QB's arent gonna be out there, they are. But because TD wont do what it takes to get one. Moreover, just plugging in another QB, even a proven one, doesnt necessarily fix the problem. I have said since day one that this team is short on leadership. Nothing short of another fiery Jim Kelly type will win this team a SB. There are VERY few solid QB's who are like that. So we just made it even harder to get the right guy. He needs to be proven AND havethe right attitude. TD just wont do it. JP has the right attitude. We just have to stick it out and see.

For the sake of the teams future, it has to be JP.

X-Era
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM

The sick part is NONE of the so called fans who bashed away and not even the Bills so called talenbt evaluators could see this after the first 4 games? DUHHH!

It was so damn apparent it was ridiculous. They just played a big fat game at the fans expense. They tried to throw smoke and mirrors our way by putting Holcomb in. That way we would think that we would have the required "spark" to go to the playoffs.

Well I got new for ya MM, all you did was try to light a match in gail force wins in Alaska to try to start wet logs.

He knew better, but he had to appease all the critics before tanking the season. He knew better, and if he didnt, he and the rest of the organization should be canned like yesterday.

Yasgur's Farm
10-31-2005, 11:19 AM
I've always said... By the end of the season, JP will be more capable of leading this team in the playoffs than KH. Problem is, we probably won't make the playoffs with either of them.

Iehoshua
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
If JP shows no sign whatsoever of improvement, IF they put him in immediately, then we need to address that next year whether it be the draft or otherwise.

I hesitate to say that since, looking at San Diego, they were ready to dump Brees, throw in Rivers, but Brees finally started playing well, and they're stuck with Phillip Rivers, but chances are he'll be moved so it's not a bad spot.

Bottom line, JP needs a REAL chance, not 4 games, but at least a season and a half, IMO, to show what he can do.

TacklingDummy
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM

We hope that the Texans, Dolphins lose a few more games and over take us in wins. So the Bills can draft Matt Leinart in the 1st round and with a early 2nd round pick a DT.

L.A. Playa
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I have 2 question, Did anyone else hear Holcomb compare Losman to Tim Couch ??

Why not for the last play of the game bring out JP to throw the ball downfield 60 yards obviously by Holcombs own admission he can only throw about 30 yards downfield