PDA

View Full Version : Serious QB question!

Patrick76777
10-31-2005, 10:17 AM
I could go either way right now! Holcomb isn’t great but he’s managing the game. Besides for the disaster in Oakland, I think he’s giving us a nice opportunity to win.

At the same time, I’m totally cool with giving Losman another shot! I see the point of those who say he needs to get playing time for next season.

I love holding onto the hopes of the playoffs, but at this point the difference between the 2 is that with Holcomb we probably get eliminated from playoff contention in week 16 or 17 and with JP we’re out of it by week 14 or 15. Again, please don’t kill me for this, it’s only that I think Holcomb could probably hold it together and possibly pull off a split of the next 2 games and keep us in it a little longer, whereas JP will struggle the first couple before hopefully putting it together late.

Now, I want JP to succeed more then anything. I’d love nothing more then to have him be the man for the next 10 years. But as we all know, 1st round QB busts are very common. JP is not immune to this.

So here’s my question. What if he comes in and we go 1-7 the rest of the way and his play doesn’t appear to get any better? What do we do for next year?

Tinboy
10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
We stick with him! I don't believe that JP will be a bust. He might go 1-7 the rest of the games but he will learn something and will be a better QB next year. I say stick with JP until the end of next season.

My support for the Bills will not die 'cause we don't make the playoff this year.