X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Draft McGahee ????

I wonder where Willis McGahee will be drafted? Someone will take him, but who and when? Does anyone think the Bills have any interest in a rehabbing RB? IMHO, 4th or 5th rounder. That may change depending on what his doctors say.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

We have to many other needs(Rb not being one of them) to select a running back that just totally blew his knee out.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

nah, I think that Travis Henry guy is pretty good

Byrd.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind taking a late-round flyer on him if he falls that far. One wrong cut by Travis Henry and we're in deep trouble. I'd really like to see us add a capable second back.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

He still has college eligibilty...he will not come out in this draft...his knee is a wreck...he has no draft value right now...he will probably red shirt and play in 2004...this is a mute point.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

EB...he declared! He declared for the draft.

I don't know why...but he did.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Yep Eb, he's already coming out. I think it's stupid, but he is. Supposedly the doctors have told him that he should be ready by the beginning of the upcoming season.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

OK, it's not mute...nobody will draft him and we have Henry...he's stupid for listening to somebody...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Someone's gonna draft him. I'll lay all my ZoneBucks on it.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    I wouldn't mind taking a late-round flyer on him if he falls that far. One wrong cut by Travis Henry and we're in deep trouble. I'd really like to see us add a capable second back.
                    I agree, however I think WM would be the wrong choice, because if he recovers (I think he will) he will expect to be a starter.

....although he would be good trade bait

Byrd.

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

I love Henry, but do believe we need to get another running back ... not a high-round draft choice, but we have to be the only team in the league that gives 99+% of its carries to one player. We need someone else who can give us about 3 or 4 carries a game.

I'd like us to go for a big fatty of an RB ... someone like Dayne or Bettis (but obviously nowhere near as good) for short yardage situations as Gilbride doesn't seem to have any confidence in giving Henry the ball in short yardage situations.

Comment

• clumping platelets

After Travis Henry, we have UFA Bryson, RFA Morris, Burns

That's it........doesn't hurt to take a late round, say 6th or 7th, flyer on him.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

He declared because multiple Drs said he would be ready by the start of the season. He may be a back up in Miami next year so he won't get to test his knee much in game situations and his insurance policy states something like he can collect his $2.5 million if after 4 games he determines he can not play. This way he may collect a signing bonus, dedicate rehabbing his knee full time and be able to test the knee in preseason.
                          Since TD took Josh Reed when there wasn't a need I think the Bills could draft him IF he falls to where TD thinks he is a bargain. Many times GM's draft best available players and not areas of weaknesses. They use post June 1 cuts to fill weaknesses with a cheap veteran if needed.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                            • Jul 2002

Sounds like a good approach. It worked when they scooped up Reed. WM is only a sophomore, probably 19, 20 years old. When a team picks him, they probably shouldn't expect any returns on their investment until at the earliest, mid season. If the draft position is right, I think Buffalo should get him.

Our greatest needs should be filled via free agency. (DT, LB, DE)

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                              Expert on Experts
                              • Jul 2002

i bet that on many message boards of many teams today there is a thread like this one. I htin a lot of GMs are probably thinking the same thing, which is why I doubt we'll get him. I bet some team in dire need of RB help will scoop him up in rd three, and everyone will be surprised he went so early

Comment

Working...
                              X