PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bannan

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Where has he been all year? Am I the only one who thought he played his rear end off? I thought he was very disruptive, and played very well. I hope he gets more playing time.

mysticsoto
10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Where has he been all year? Am I the only one who thought he played his rear end off? I thought he was very disruptive, and played very well. I hope he gets more playing time.

I saw a different Bannan...one that missed Corey Dillon run right by him and all he could do was stick an arm out that didn't even slow him down. Had he tackled him, it would have been a 3-4 yard loss rather than a 6-7 yard gain...

However, I did see Schobel turn into a monster against Brady - even if he was facing a rookie LT and was outschooling him!

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2005, 11:30 AM
I saw a different Bannan...one that missed Corey Dillon run right by him and all he could do was stick an arm out that didn't even slow him down. Had he tackled him, it would have been a 3-4 yard loss rather than a 6-7 yard gain...

However, I did see Schobel turn into a monster against Brady - even if he was facing a rookie LT and was outschooling him!

I agree, he missed a few tackles, but at least he was in the backfield. I think part of the reason Schobel played as well as he did was the pressure Bannan was getting opened it up a bit for Aaron.

The King
10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
I dont like Bannanan.

First of all his name pisses me off. I never know how many N's or A's to include. Secondly he sucks major ass in Madden.

The King
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/pix/annuals/1980s/1985/bananaman85.jpg

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Bannan's one of those high motor guys who doesn't have a ton of talent, but gives you everything he has. Sort of a stroke free Tedy Bruschi.

madness
10-31-2005, 02:26 PM
I agree FL, he seemed to get in backfield a few times. He just over penetrated on that missed tackle. It's happened to the best of them.

Devin
10-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Bannan's one of those high motor guys who doesn't have a ton of talent, but gives you everything he has. Sort of a stroke free Tedy Bruschi.

:rofl:

Yeah I thought he was disruptive. Not really making a lot of plays, but he created a lot of noise.

And yes I agree thats part of the reason Schobel was effective.