• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Alright, who's with me

Jason Peters for starting RT.

The kid is an unbelievable athlete. Works at Tackle all offseason and then jumps in and plays TE for a game and comes back last night to play the whole game at RT and does a GREAT job. Mike Williams just needs to be cut in the offseason IMO. We don't need that big salary eating away at us any longer. Cut him, take the cap hit and move on. Peters looked great IMO and has every time he has been in there. Hell, we could always use the old tackle eligible play with him as well. What do you guys think?

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• Akhippo
    • Nov 2002

Re: Alright, who's with me

As for MW. You might have to use the old saying, "its cheaper to keep her". If his salary is just to big a hit to take just to get rid of him, move him to guard. But if you can get a decent pick, go for it.
    However, JP is a very promising prospect at RT. Already better than Jerman.
    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Start Peters, Preston, Parrish, JP, Everett (if healthy enough this year) and any other young guys that figure prominently in our future plans. With our remaining schedule - and our problems - we aren't making the playoffs this year, anyway.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Lone Stranger
        • Sep 2002

I agree with Jan Reimers. It's time to move on and to start using our young players. See what we've got. Get rid of Teague, Villarial and Anderson... pick up a lot of money and bring in some decent talent.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Yeah we can't cut Williams. Too big of a salary cap hit. Maybe we think about moving him to Guard???

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Start Peters, Preston, Parrish, JP, Everett (if healthy enough this year) and any other young guys that figure prominently in our future plans. With our remaining schedule - and our problems - we aren't making the playoffs this year, anyway.
            Speaking of Everett...does anyone know if he might be available for the KC game? Last I heard, he might return mid November...

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              Yeah we can't cut Williams. Too big of a salary cap hit. Maybe we think about moving him to Guard???
              Something i've been wanting to see for a long time. They might as well test him out at guard to see if there's any hope left with him. A man his size might not be quick enough to be on the outside, but he's quick enough and strong enough to take on bullrushes in the inside.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I want to see Jason Peters at LT. We do need a bonafide LT, maybe Peters will be the one we have been looking for. Mularkey can then move Gandy to RT if they get rid of Mike Williams.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Williams to guard Mike aren't you listening? Then preston to center and we are set to go!

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Our line sucks no matter what shifting you do.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Makes sense but I fear it won't happen. Mularkey and Donahoe will concede nothing until it is a mathematical certainty.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

I'm all for it. I thought he did a stand up job last night. Move Williams into the interior, left or right guard, for the time being.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282
                          Jason Peters for starting RT.

The kid is an unbelievable athlete. Works at Tackle all offseason and then jumps in and plays TE for a game and comes back last night to play the whole game at RT and does a GREAT job. Mike Williams just needs to be cut in the offseason IMO. We don't need that big salary eating away at us any longer. Cut him, take the cap hit and move on. Peters looked great IMO and has every time he has been in there. Hell, we could always use the old tackle eligible play with him as well. What do you guys think?
                          i love it but i want to hear the reprocussions from clump on the cap.

i actually was headed down the road of having peters be our lt.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I would rather have Peters at LT, he would be ideal for handling all those talented speed rushers.

Comment

• ryjam282
                              Offical Billszone Starting QB
                              • Mar 2003

Damn, how about moving Peters to RT and moving Big Mike to LG. Bennie is just doing bad....So many penalties and I believe Big Mike could do just as good a job in there as him without the penalties. Gandy and Big Mike on the left side. That would be a damn large side of a line, not that Bennie is small but WOW.

Ryan Withey
                              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                              X