PDA

View Full Version : Alright, who's with me

ryjam282
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Jason Peters for starting RT.

The kid is an unbelievable athlete. Works at Tackle all offseason and then jumps in and plays TE for a game and comes back last night to play the whole game at RT and does a GREAT job. Mike Williams just needs to be cut in the offseason IMO. We don't need that big salary eating away at us any longer. Cut him, take the cap hit and move on. Peters looked great IMO and has every time he has been in there. Hell, we could always use the old tackle eligible play with him as well. What do you guys think?:scooter:

Akhippo
10-31-2005, 12:23 PM
As for MW. You might have to use the old saying, "its cheaper to keep her". If his salary is just to big a hit to take just to get rid of him, move him to guard. But if you can get a decent pick, go for it.
However, JP is a very promising prospect at RT. Already better than Jerman.

Jan Reimers
10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Start Peters, Preston, Parrish, JP, Everett (if healthy enough this year) and any other young guys that figure prominently in our future plans. With our remaining schedule - and our problems - we aren't making the playoffs this year, anyway.

Lone Stranger
10-31-2005, 12:36 PM
I agree with Jan Reimers. It's time to move on and to start using our young players. See what we've got. Get rid of Teague, Villarial and Anderson... pick up a lot of money and bring in some decent talent.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah we can't cut Williams. Too big of a salary cap hit. Maybe we think about moving him to Guard???

mysticsoto
10-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Start Peters, Preston, Parrish, JP, Everett (if healthy enough this year) and any other young guys that figure prominently in our future plans. With our remaining schedule - and our problems - we aren't making the playoffs this year, anyway.

Speaking of Everett...does anyone know if he might be available for the KC game? Last I heard, he might return mid November...

Kerr
10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah we can't cut Williams. Too big of a salary cap hit. Maybe we think about moving him to Guard???

Something i've been wanting to see for a long time. They might as well test him out at guard to see if there's any hope left with him. A man his size might not be quick enough to be on the outside, but he's quick enough and strong enough to take on bullrushes in the inside.

Michael82
10-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I want to see Jason Peters at LT. We do need a bonafide LT, maybe Peters will be the one we have been looking for. Mularkey can then move Gandy to RT if they get rid of Mike Williams.

THATHURMANATOR
10-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Williams to guard Mike aren't you listening? Then preston to center and we are set to go!

Devin
10-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Our line sucks no matter what shifting you do.

HAMMER
10-31-2005, 03:18 PM

Makes sense but I fear it won't happen. Mularkey and Donahoe will concede nothing until it is a mathematical certainty.

RedEyE
10-31-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm all for it. I thought he did a stand up job last night. Move Williams into the interior, left or right guard, for the time being.

X-Era
10-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Jason Peters for starting RT.

The kid is an unbelievable athlete. Works at Tackle all offseason and then jumps in and plays TE for a game and comes back last night to play the whole game at RT and does a GREAT job. Mike Williams just needs to be cut in the offseason IMO. We don't need that big salary eating away at us any longer. Cut him, take the cap hit and move on. Peters looked great IMO and has every time he has been in there. Hell, we could always use the old tackle eligible play with him as well. What do you guys think?:scooter:

i love it but i want to hear the reprocussions from clump on the cap.

i actually was headed down the road of having peters be our lt.

Mahdi
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
I would rather have Peters at LT, he would be ideal for handling all those talented speed rushers.

ryjam282
11-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Damn, how about moving Peters to RT and moving Big Mike to LG. Bennie is just doing bad....So many penalties and I believe Big Mike could do just as good a job in there as him without the penalties. Gandy and Big Mike on the left side. That would be a damn large side of a line, not that Bennie is small but WOW.

colin
11-01-2005, 10:07 AM
williams will be too expensive to cut and if we do he will sign a long term contract quickly for big money (although it might not be as good as his rookie contract).

williams has been hurt this year, but when healthy he is still our best lineman and is very good when running the ball.

if we can get him to restructure that would be good, and we should have some kind of leverage, but we won't get better by getting rid of players.

peters at LT (if he can play it well of course) and Gandy at RT gives us our best possible line.

bennie anderson needs to be removed, and gandy might be good as a back up, but he is not starter quality.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
This is an easy one. Peters needs to develop at LT. Lt is one of the toughest positions to fill and Peters will get signed to a long term deal that will not break us. RT's are a dime a dozen. Fat Mike needs to renegotiate from his 9 million dollar salary, which hpoefully he will do. The problem being that some idiot team might pay him more that what we want to offer. Keep Gandy as a backup either on the right side or left and cut that piece of sh..t Jerman. Hopefully our line will get better and maybe players like Preston will develop.
By the way Peters is my favorite player. He is a winner. PERIOD.:bighug:

gr8slayer
11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
We need to just realize that we are going nowhere the season and start bringing in fresh blood.

Peters should be starting from here on in along with:

Duke Preston

Justin Geisinger (cant spell his damn name)

Rashad Baker (should be getting some more time somewhere as well.)

We need to just pull a Cincy Bengals from a couple years back and start fresh. We then need to draft a friggin OL/DL in the first round.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM

I'm not sure folks are being realistic about Williams.

The only reason this guy isn't our starting RT right now is because he is not 100%.

If he's healthy, he is our best RT, hands down.

He showed improvement last year and none of us were as concerned about him in the offseason as we were about the left side of the line.

He isn't staying healthy.

What good does moving him to guard do if he's injured?

If he can't get healthy, either restructure him or find him a new home.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Gandy is doing just fine. Peters is not ready to protect a QB's blind side.

gr8slayer
11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Gandy is doing just fine. Peters is not ready to protect a QB's blind side.
I agree but I think that (call me nuts) Peters gives us an upgrade at the RT. Mike Williams is a tank and can truck with the best of them but his lack of athleticism is his major downfall. The guy couldnt catch a poor bastard on a wheel chair if his life depended on it.

Jason Peters may not be as big as Mike Williams but he is faster and has the football strength (leveridge). This is the first rule of being a successful OL. Watch MW's knees when he makes contact. They are not bent at all, he is standing strait up. I dont care how small you are, if you can get under a guy that big you are going to at least stale mate him.

MW might be better fit at OG if he can drop about 30 pounds.