PDA

View Full Version : Wanna let ESPN know your thoughts about last night's Bruschi-fest?

Michael82
10-31-2005, 03:04 PM
You can contact them here. :snicker:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

Michael82
10-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Make sure you post a copy of what you send them here. :up:

Pride
10-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I am writing today to voice my displeasure over the game coverage in last night's Bills/Patriots game. While I, and everyone else, realize that Teddy Bruschi is a tough individual who loves the game of football, I did not feel that as much should have been made out of what he had gone through. To play "Hero", the same song played in tribute to the Firefighters and Police after Nine Eleven, for a guy who simply stepped back onto a football field, was wrong on many different levels.

Perhaps your announcement crew didn't realize that there were, in fact, 2 teams playing last night, 105 other players, and that it was for 1st place in the division.

The love-fest for Bruschi was over the top, and bordered on a dramatic soap opera, not a football game. There were interviews taking precedence over on the field play (fumbles), and I felt that the coverage was lacking all evening to the actual game being played on the field.

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 03:16 PM
On behalf of Bills fans everywhere, I would like to formally issue an apology for the fact that the Bills were trying to play a game while your announcers and coverage ran the Bruschi lovefest. Seriously, we hold nothing against Bruschi except that he wears an enemy's uniform, but it'd be nice if people had been able to watch a little of the game without being subjected to interviews while there are big plays going on.

OpIv37
10-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I am writing to complain about the coverage of last night's Bills/Patriots game. While Tedy Bruschi's recovery was an interesting sub-plot to an important football game, it should have remained just that: a sub-plot.

Instead, the coverage of the Bruschi story took precedence over an excellent football game for first place of the AFCE. During at least two crucial points in the game, your broadcast was showing pre-recorded interviews about Bruschi instead of covering the plays on the field. In addition, the sideline reporter (Suzy Kolber, I believe) did the SAME report about Bruschi going to 9 doctors TWICE, and the booth announcers repeated it a THIRD time.

I don't want to take away from Bruschi's miraculous recovery, but your broadcast seemed to play up the soap opera sub-plot rather than the football game. The other 52 players on the Patriots and 53 on the Bills deserve some air time too.

Thanks for your time.

lordofgun
10-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Pride :10:

Op :10:

Phil :5:

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
:mad:

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
I would like to comment on the Sunday night game between the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots.
As a football fan, I was very pleased to see Bruschi back on the football field. He deserves much credit for returning to the game he loves after undergoing heart surgery. The pre-game attention this story received was deserved and fitting. However, the story dominated the duration of the game often at the expense of actual game coverage. Instead of interviewing players and coaches during the game, Suzy Kolber and ESPN spent the entire night covering and overdramatizing the Bruschi story. The "Hero" montage was improper and way over the top!
Please, in the future, stick to the game while the game is on, and save the off-field drama for sports talk shows.
Thank you for your time.

DMBcrew36
10-31-2005, 04:10 PM
good job people. I just hope they read them.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Dear Sir or Madam,

Kobler's a no good groupie. A whore.

- billsfanone

raphael120
10-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Dear ESPN,

I was wondering if bruschi there was any possible way bruschi you could have given more air time an spotlight to tedy bruschi. I was in a coma for the past couple of bruschi days and had no bruschi idea of his return or his even being a part of the bruschi patriots team. In fact I believe bruschi saying bruschis name every bruschi other word was not bruschi good enough when you're bruschi wasting breath by not just repeating his name over and over. Also, bruschi I hope that you talk more about bruschi this patriots team as I barely knew they existed by listening to your commentators. I hear they bruschi won a few super bowls? shouldnt bruschi this be enough merit bruschi to focus more on them in your football coverage bruschi? oh well, just bruschi wishful thinking. keep up the bruschi good work!...bruschi

Cntrygal
10-31-2005, 05:24 PM
For years your commentators have been getting worse and worse. They go off on tangents thinking that they are there to entertain the masses. When in fact, they are there to talk about FOOTBALL - in particular the game that is currently in progress (Bills/Patriots). To devote 3 hours to a single player, while ignoring the game that is in progress - was not only mind boggling - it was PATHETIC. T. Bruschi's return had been talked about all week and before the game actually started - there was absolutely NO NEED to ignore plays in progress to repeat themselves endlessly about a single player. Yesterday's broadcast was PATHETIC. Should I find another way to repeat that, or do you think that you "got it" yet?

hydro
10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
I found it very distracting all of the talk about Tedy Bruschi last night. We ate all week about how this guy might play and what he might do. Then we heard alllllll game how great of a guy he is. It made me sick to my stomach really. Especially the nickelback song before commercial breaks where there is a shot of Bruschi, i thought i was going to spew cheese dip. Please down grade on the bruschi fest and just give us what we want, a NFL game broadcast for each teams fans. Thanks for your time.

kinigirly
10-31-2005, 05:38 PM
One of the most important keys to being a successful national sports station is to always be objective, fair, and focused on the game. The coverage of the Bills/Patriots game was an embarassment to the credibility of your organization. Last night was an important football game between two amazing teams fighting for first place in their division. But that doesn't even matter, the only thing that mattered was that there was a game on. Sports coverage should stay just that, about the sports. For those Patriots fans that have an emotional connection to the game about Bruschi's return, they saw plenty of pre and post game specials on local New England stations. It was completly unprofessional to spend every other conversation about what a hero Bruschi is. It is more than ok to devote a pre game special to him, but when the game starts we talk about the game, and leave the personal issues at a minimum. This was not Sunday Night Bruschi Football featuring the Bills. When you put the quality of play calling in jeopardy in favor of a dramatic special you should rethink your why you are in the sports coverage business. You owe the Buffalo Bills organization and its fans an apology.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2005, 06:11 PM
The fact that the Sunday Night Football crew labeled Teddy Bruschi as a hero is down right ignorant. What about the millions of other stroke sufferers in the world, some of which don't have the benefit of millions of dollars worth of trainers. What about the stroke sufferers who recover each day? Why aren't they heroes? I think Joe Theisman, Paul Maguire and Mike Patrick should look up the word "Hero" in the dictionary. Bruschi didn't fight in another country for freedom, he didn't run into a burning building and save 30 people. He certainly didn't pull a drowning kid out of a pool. He had a stroke, and then played a football game. Please stop the verball blowjobs on National TV, it's quite disgusting, and it's especially annoying to have to listen to it while there is, believe it or not, a game trying to be watched. As if it wasn't bad enough that our team choked worse than Theisman does on Brady every Sunday night, the fact that we have to listen to the ESPN crew blow Bruschi and the Pats all night makes it 1000 times worse. From now on, I'm watching Sunday Night Football with the volume off.

DynaPaul
10-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Here's mine:

Dear ESPN,

I am writing this letter in complaint about your Sunday Night Football coverage of the Bills-Patriots game last night. Of the countless televised Sunday night NFL games I've watched with your announcing crew of Theisman, McGuire, and Patrick this had to be possibly the worst telecast ever. Not only did your announcing crew overkill the Tedy Bruschi story, they also ignored key plays during the game because of it. For example, late in the game you cut to Suzy Kolber and a clip of Bob Kraft talking about Bruschi's return. While this uninteresting piece of news was drawn out a huge momentum change happened when the Bills QB was sacked and lost the football. Theisman and his cronies even had trouble identifying the proper names of certain players even though their numbers are clearly displayed on the jerseys. (Though this could be a fault of the telecast stats staff.) These are not recent problems. Your announcing crew frequently identifies one or two players a game and constantly talk about how wonderful they are. The last time I checked there are 22 football players on the field on any given play. I realize that the Tedy Bruschi story is a great comeback story but at a certain point in the game one has to focus on the on-field action especially considering how close the Bills-Patriots game was for 90% of the game. (In the cases of blowouts it's acceptable to talk about other things than the immediate action to keep the attention of the viewer.) Your announcers aren't very effective or have forgotten how to announce a game the way it should be called. As a longtime football fan I can think of no other football fans who claim to like Theisman, McGuire, and Patrick as an announcing crew. I've always wondered why ESPN has not smartened up and terminated their contracts. I shall wonder no more as in the future I will either not watch your telecasts or turn on the mute button while I listen to the local radio announcing crew. Thank you.

mackey789
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
i hope they actually read these

Jersey1031
10-31-2005, 07:16 PM
i hope they actually read these

if there's enough they might actually do something...

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2005, 07:19 PM
I was even less impressed than usual with your Sunday Night Football broadcast of the Patriots vs. the Bills. Being a fan of the Bills, I resigned myself to a certain amount of "lack of coverage" of my favorite team, but the way you provided the game, was a travesty. I could barely tell that my team was even on the field. I have always thought that Joe Theisman was a complete moron, but on occasion, he outdid himself last night.

In particular was your coverage of Ted Bruschi coming back from a stroke. While Mr. Bruschi is the kind of athelete I would like my children to look up to, he is an inspiration, not a hero. I do not believe in hero worship of sports figures and the last time I looked, Mr. Bruschi never rescued a family from a burning building, he plays a game. At times last night, I would have thought your crew was going to profess their undying love for Mr. Bruschi, but luckily I also had a chance to see his wife at least a dozen times as well. Your interviews TWICE interrupted the game where big plays happened.

In the future, I would prefer if you just showed the cheerleaders on the sidelines once in a while and keep them out of the booth.

Damn, I should have gone on longer but I wanted to keep from swearing.

G. Host
10-31-2005, 07:25 PM
To programmers at ESPN:

There were two teams last night but ESPN acted like there was only one team there. Ted Bruschi was only one player on the field but ESPN treated like he, was the spotlight and reason why we tuned in not the game.

There was more coverage of Bruschi's wife than most of the players on opposite side of field and that is inexcusible.

There were interviews taking precedence over on the field play (fumbles), and I felt that the coverage was lacking all evening to the actual game being played on the field.

If ESPN continues coverage like this I will stop watching ESPN like I have ABC MNF since Madden joined the show and watch ratings plummet.

I borrowed Pride's statement because I felt it was very strong. Remember to remind them of ABC's sinking ratings and that you may stop watching ESPN due to uneven coverage!

DaBills
10-31-2005, 07:53 PM
"Dir Sir or Madam,

Kobler's a no good groupie. A whore.

- billsfanone"

"Please stop the verball blowjobs on National TV"

Yeah...um...I'm thinking they're probably not going to be reading those on the air.

LMAO!

Although, verbal handjob would've been appropriate.

Here's mine:

Hello -

I am writing to comment on Bruschi-Palooza '05 on ESPN's SNF.

It's one thing to bring human interest into a broadcast, but it's another to have it overshadow the very same show. Generally, I like the chemistry between the Sunday Night crew. Two guys Maguire and Theismann fighting like an old married couple Patrick acting as ref. But impartiality has to enter in to it somewhere. Especially for Paul, a former Bill.

However, every other down was "Teddy this, Teddy that." What's next, the Teddy-cam? Wait, cut to the concerned drunk in the endzone. (Although, he was probably more worried about his empty beer cup.) Teddy had a stroke, and we as respectful fans give him cred for going back out there. But after the first series, that was enough. It was clear he wasn't going to re-stroke on the 40 yard line. Yet, the coverage followed his progress all night.

To your credit, I'll say that you did mention Willis Mcgahee knee injury in the Miami game and how he bounced back. And that's how Teddy's stroke should have been covered - mention it and move on.

But this is part of a bigger problem the networks have in covering games. It's not enough to simply show us the game. The networks have to add human interest into everything and make it so much more dramatic. I don't need Tafoya or Kolber asking coaches 'how they feel' on the way into the locker room at halftime down by 28 points. Hank Stram would never answer questions like that. He would matriculate his team right into the locker room.

I'm old-school when it comes to watching games. I simply want the announcer to go, "1st and 10, Holcomb drops back. Complete." I don't need to know that Holcomb was beaten as a child for having the name 'Kelly,' and that's why he just blew the play-action reverse.

And for a minute, I thought I was watching a Greenbay game with Favre's wife in the stands every two secs. (I even thought I saw Iverson's mom there too.) Maybe during an Eagles game, you can interview Swoop's wife in the stands: "Yeah, it kinda sucks. We can't really go anywhere because he's so famous. And the conversations are one-sided. Because he's a freakin' bird and he can't talk."

Please, keep it objective. If you have to find human interest, find it on both sides or none at all.

Thanks.

Regards,

BG,
Bills Fan Forever

Gunzlingr
10-31-2005, 09:14 PM
To whom it may concern:

I, being a Bills fan in Vikings country, was disappointed when you chose to air "The Life and Times of Tedy Bruschi" instead of the Patriots-Bills game. You see I get to see one, maybe 2 games on my television each year and was looking forward to a good football game between division rivals for first place in that division. Instead I get to hear all about Tedy Bruschi single handedly changing the game of football and the world for 3+ hours. While I think Mr. Bruschi is an exceptional athlete and a model sportsman, everything that could have been said about him could have filled a small segment before, at the half, or after the game.

To play repeats of interviews during a game, and missing key plays is plain ludicrous. Also I haven't seen a wife get so much airtime since Brenda Warner. Maybe your network could do a zany situation comedy staring Heidi and Brenda as mismatched roommates. You could air during the second quarter of your upcoming games this season, so your commentators don't have to single out 1 player out of the 22 on the field to talk about the whole game.

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Dear ESPN,

I hope the next al queda attack takes out your entire building. Bruschi probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

- billsfanone

Meathead
11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
you know, i hope takeo comes back in a big way next year and they make him the focus of one of the bills games.

but if they circle jerk him like they did bruschi last night, i'm gonna shoot the ni@@a myself.

that was pathetic. that was the worst part of the loss, or at least tied with the worst. i wanted to win just to pop that cracker's balloon.

tedy bruschi - christ in cleats. gimme a freakin break

Meathead
11-01-2005, 01:29 AM
jesus was more black than white anyway. not that it matters. but it does. until it doesn't.

i can't even remember what happened last night now

JD
11-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Dear ESPN,

I hope the next al queda attack takes out your entire building. Bruschi probably wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

- billsfanone
:lmao:

JD
11-01-2005, 02:35 AM
This past Sunday at PRIME-TIME, I didnt see the game...I seen a soap-opera about Teddy Bruschi's life. I have respect for him coming back to the game after what had happend..but you guys turned it into a drama fest. Save this garbage for his own little documentary on ESPN. And thanks for airing an interview with the Patsies owner about Bruschi with 6 minutes to go in a game that was for 1st place in the division..that was the dumbest thing you could possibly do. I mean because you KNOW we all cared about what that douchebag had to say right?...NOT. Televize football as football not some idiotic emotional soap-opera bull****.

Oh, and by the way, I have watched ESPN for over 7 years now. This is by far the pansiest thing I have seen in recent history.

I mean ****, I'm pretty sure you have left Teddy with blue balls no doubt..he tip you for the lap dance? Keep in mind there were 105 other players on the field lookin' for some lovin from you drama queens.

With love,
John Darnell

Meathead
11-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Pretty good article by Ed Kilgore (didn't he used to be bald? (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=32807)).

Yeah, the Bruschi story was interesting and touching - the first one hundred and twenty times. It was so over the top it made Rue Paul look timid. I was in a bar and I wanted them to mute the TV. lol

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Ed Kilgore has always worn terrible hair pieces. For years. :ee:

Dozerdog
11-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Dear ESPN-

No wonder you lost the NHL to the buffoons at the Outdoor Life Network.

Historian
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Dear ESPN,

I s Suzy Kolber a lez?

Thanks,

The Historian

Michael82
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Dear ESPN-

No wonder you lost the NHL to the buffoons at the Outdoor Life Network.
:rofl: So true!

The King
11-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Anyone get any response from these?

OpIv37
11-01-2005, 01:14 PM

I just got an automated one and I doubt I'll get a real one, but if I do I'll definitely post it.

DaBills
11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I just got an automated one and I doubt I'll get a real one, but if I do I'll definitely post it.

Same. I got an automated 'Thanks for writing ESPN.' All I know is I'm tuning in Monday night to ABC to see of the Bruschi handjob party continues with Michaels and Madden when they get their asses kicked by Indy.

Cntrygal
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM

No - and I didn't cuss at them or anything!

JD
11-02-2005, 12:14 AM
No - and I didn't cuss at them or anything!
I did! :up:

So I doubt I'll be getting a reply anytime soon :lol:

Stewie
11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Dear Sir or Madame

Tedy Bruschi is a moron. As is anyone willing to put his or her life at risk for fame.

In the future, please have your announcers research the teams playing the game instead of coming up with stories about some moron's misguided quest for glory.

The accuracy of your broadcast team was, well, non-existant. At least they were precise (incorrectly identifying Josh Reed as Ryan Neufeld 6 times in a row might eventually make him Ryan Neufeld!)

I think a diehard bills fan and patriots fan, picked from the parking lot before the game, could have done a 100% better job commenting on the game. And they would have much more knowledge about the teams and other players in the game.

Thank you. Also, the sportscenter colors are ugly. Time for an update.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Just think, those 3 blowhards from ESPN will be at the Ralph in December. We should let them know what we think of them. :snicker:

Novacane
11-02-2005, 08:33 AM
ESPN Management,

I am writing concerning the coverage of Sunday nights Bills/Pats game. Your coverage was terrible and embarrassing to Teddy Bruschi. His comeback is a good story and was worthy of pre-game hype and even focusing on his play for the first series. You guys went so far overboard it quickly got to the point of being a joke. There was a good football game going on and your crew seemed to have little interest in that.
Since I enjoy football I watch your Sunday night game every week. I can not believe you can't find more knowledgable announcers than the 3 stooges you have in the booth. I have come to expect unprofessional comments from them but they took it to new heights this week.
I don't expect you to take any action since fans really don't have a choice if they want to see the Sunday night game. You've taken the fans for granted and given us garbage to listen to every week. Congrats!

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Same. I got an automated 'Thanks for writing ESPN.' All I know is I'm tuning in Monday night to ABC to see of the Bruschi handjob party continues with Michaels and Madden when they get their asses kicked by Indy.
At least the Bruschi worship preempts the Brady worship. :puke:

Novacane
11-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Just think, those 3 blowhards from ESPN will be at the Ralph in December. We should let them know what we think of them. :snicker:

We should belt them with snowballs.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 09:21 AM
:evil:

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2005, 11:46 AM
Dear Suzy Kobler,

I want to kiss you.

Cntrygal
11-03-2005, 08:06 PM
No response yet. :mad:

Drive 4 Five
11-03-2005, 09:33 PM

Don't forget to put rocks in them.

Ok so here is what I wrote...

Dear ESPN,

Thanks to Gay Wingo, Sean Salisbury, and your obsession with Terrell Owens, I don't watch NFL Live anymore. Nor will I ever. I have taken an oath. NEVER again. I once subscribed to your lame ass magazine but only because I figured, it's only nine bucks. Well guess what? It ain't even worth five. As for Sunday Night Football, half the time the games you show anymore suck anyway. I USED to be a huge fan of Sunday Countdown but you guys managed to ruin that as well. All they do is talk about the same three or four teams over and over again. I still dig NFL Primetime but only because of BOOMER and Tom Jackson. Now, I rarely watch that show either because I think that NFL Network's Point After is WAY better. Thanks to NFL Network, I don't even have to sit through Sportcenter anymore. I only ever watched it for the five minutes of football coverage in the first place.

So today, I proudly can declare that I am pretty much ESPN free baby! You guys suck. Your whole damn network sucks my ass. It would seem that old habits aren't so hard to break after all. After watching your lame ass coverage of Tedy Bruschi Football last sunday night, you guys have managed to sink to an all time low. even for the likes of you. Well ESPN, you've wasted enough of my time. Before I go I just want to say...

F**K YOU and F**K your lame ass network! What you have become is an absolute disgrace to sports fans everywhere.

P.S. I suppose your going to ruin Monday Night Football now too. Well rot in hell scumbags.

RedEyE
11-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Don't forget to put rocks in them.

Ok so here is what I wrote...

Dear ESPN,

Thanks to Gay Wingo, Sean Salisbury, and your obsession with Terrell Owens, I don't watch NFL Live anymore. Nor will I ever. I have taken an oath. NEVER again. I once subscribed to your lame ass magazine but only because I figured, it's only nine bucks. Well guess what? It ain't even worth five. As for Sunday Night Football, half the time the games you show anymore suck anyway. I USED to be a huge fan of Sunday Countdown but you guys managed to ruin that as well. All they do is talk about the same three or four teams over and over again. I still dig NFL Primetime but only because of BOOMER and Tom Jackson. Now, I rarely watch that show either because I think that NFL Network's Point After is WAY better. Thanks to NFL Network, I don't even have to sit through Sportcenter anymore. I only ever watched it for the five minutes of football coverage in the first place.

So today, I proudly can declare that I am pretty much ESPN free baby! You guys suck. Your whole damn network sucks my ass. It would seem that old habits aren't so hard to break after all. After watching your lame ass coverage of Tedy Bruschi Football last sunday night, you guys have managed to sink to an all time low. even for the likes of you. Well ESPN, you've wasted enough of my time. Before I go I just want to say...

F**K YOU and F**K your lame ass network! What you have become is an absolute disgrace to sports fans everywhere.

P.S. I suppose your going to ruin Monday Night Football now too. Well rot in hell scumbags.

:rofl:

You should have mentioned something like "becareful not to accept any brown paper packages over the next couple years..."

I guarantee someone would have responded to you.

LtBillsFan66
11-03-2005, 11:02 PM
You shouldn't have held back. :rofl:

LtBillsFan66
11-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Dear ESPN,

I want to hack apart your entire staff with a rusty machete, then cook your remains and feed it to the homeless.

- billsfanone

BSXIII
11-04-2005, 12:37 AM
At least the Bruschi worship preempts the Brady worship. :puke:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who found it more tolerable seeing a fresh face getting the (too obscene for a family oriented message board) from the media. Although it looks ESPN is already back to their old tricks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2213282

Michael82
11-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Wow, I thought I was the only one who found it more tolerable seeing a fresh face getting the (too obscene for a family oriented message board) from the media. Although it looks ESPN is already back to their old tricks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2213282
Favre wouldn't put up with that piece of ****'s attitude anyways. So TO should just STFU!

BuffaloRanger
11-04-2005, 10:03 AM
If the Eagles had Favre? How about if they had Aikman. Or Montana. Or Bradshaw. Or Unitas. It's stupid to even think about it. What if they had Tomlinson, think how good they could be? Friggin ******ed.

Michael Irving and TO are cut from the same cloth.

jamze132
11-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Dear ESPN, How did Bruschi's penis taste?

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't waste my time writing the NFL an email or a letter that is routed right to the trash. If I am going to waste my time it will be right here with you folks at Billsfanzone.com/fanzone.