Wanna let ESPN know your thoughts about last night's Bruschi-fest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Wanna let ESPN know your thoughts about last night's Bruschi-fest?

You can contact them here.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Wanna let ESPN know your thoughts about last night's Bruschi-fest?

Make sure you post a copy of what you send them here.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I am writing today to voice my displeasure over the game coverage in last night's Bills/Patriots game. While I, and everyone else, realize that Teddy Bruschi is a tough individual who loves the game of football, I did not feel that as much should have been made out of what he had gone through. To play "Hero", the same song played in tribute to the Firefighters and Police after Nine Eleven, for a guy who simply stepped back onto a football field, was wrong on many different levels.

Perhaps your announcement crew didn't realize that there were, in fact, 2 teams playing last night, 105 other players, and that it was for 1st place in the division.

The love-fest for Bruschi was over the top, and bordered on a dramatic soap opera, not a football game. There were interviews taking precedence over on the field play (fumbles), and I felt that the coverage was lacking all evening to the actual game being played on the field.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

On behalf of Bills fans everywhere, I would like to formally issue an apology for the fact that the Bills were trying to play a game while your announcers and coverage ran the Bruschi lovefest. Seriously, we hold nothing against Bruschi except that he wears an enemy's uniform, but it'd be nice if people had been able to watch a little of the game without being subjected to interviews while there are big plays going on.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I am writing to complain about the coverage of last night's Bills/Patriots game. While Tedy Bruschi's recovery was an interesting sub-plot to an important football game, it should have remained just that: a sub-plot.

Instead, the coverage of the Bruschi story took precedence over an excellent football game for first place of the AFCE. During at least two crucial points in the game, your broadcast was showing pre-recorded interviews about Bruschi instead of covering the plays on the field. In addition, the sideline reporter (Suzy Kolber, I believe) did the SAME report about Bruschi going to 9 doctors TWICE, and the booth announcers repeated it a THIRD time.

I don't want to take away from Bruschi's miraculous recovery, but your broadcast seemed to play up the soap opera sub-plot rather than the football game. The other 52 players on the Patriots and 53 on the Bills deserve some air time too.

Thanks for your time.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Pride

Op

Phil

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

I would like to comment on the Sunday night game between the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots.
                As a football fan, I was very pleased to see Bruschi back on the football field. He deserves much credit for returning to the game he loves after undergoing heart surgery. The pre-game attention this story received was deserved and fitting. However, the story dominated the duration of the game often at the expense of actual game coverage. Instead of interviewing players and coaches during the game, Suzy Kolber and ESPN spent the entire night covering and overdramatizing the Bruschi story. The "Hero" montage was improper and way over the top!
                Please, in the future, stick to the game while the game is on, and save the off-field drama for sports talk shows.
                Thank you for your time.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

good job people. I just hope they read them.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Dear Sir or Madam,

Kobler's a no good groupie. A whore.

- billsfanone
                    Last edited by LtBillsFan66; 10-31-2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

Dear ESPN,

I was wondering if bruschi there was any possible way bruschi you could have given more air time an spotlight to tedy bruschi. I was in a coma for the past couple of bruschi days and had no bruschi idea of his return or his even being a part of the bruschi patriots team. In fact I believe bruschi saying bruschis name every bruschi other word was not bruschi good enough when you're bruschi wasting breath by not just repeating his name over and over. Also, bruschi I hope that you talk more about bruschi this patriots team as I barely knew they existed by listening to your commentators. I hear they bruschi won a few super bowls? shouldnt bruschi this be enough merit bruschi to focus more on them in your football coverage bruschi? oh well, just bruschi wishful thinking. keep up the bruschi good work!...bruschi

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

For years your commentators have been getting worse and worse. They go off on tangents thinking that they are there to entertain the masses. When in fact, they are there to talk about FOOTBALL - in particular the game that is currently in progress (Bills/Patriots). To devote 3 hours to a single player, while ignoring the game that is in progress - was not only mind boggling - it was PATHETIC. T. Bruschi's return had been talked about all week and before the game actually started - there was absolutely NO NEED to ignore plays in progress to repeat themselves endlessly about a single player. Yesterday's broadcast was PATHETIC. Should I find another way to repeat that, or do you think that you "got it" yet?
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

I found it very distracting all of the talk about Tedy Bruschi last night. We ate all week about how this guy might play and what he might do. Then we heard alllllll game how great of a guy he is. It made me sick to my stomach really. Especially the nickelback song before commercial breaks where there is a shot of Bruschi, i thought i was going to spew cheese dip. Please down grade on the bruschi fest and just give us what we want, a NFL game broadcast for each teams fans. Thanks for your time.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• kinigirly
                            • Sep 2005

One of the most important keys to being a successful national sports station is to always be objective, fair, and focused on the game. The coverage of the Bills/Patriots game was an embarassment to the credibility of your organization. Last night was an important football game between two amazing teams fighting for first place in their division. But that doesn't even matter, the only thing that mattered was that there was a game on. Sports coverage should stay just that, about the sports. For those Patriots fans that have an emotional connection to the game about Bruschi's return, they saw plenty of pre and post game specials on local New England stations. It was completly unprofessional to spend every other conversation about what a hero Bruschi is. It is more than ok to devote a pre game special to him, but when the game starts we talk about the game, and leave the personal issues at a minimum. This was not Sunday Night Bruschi Football featuring the Bills. When you put the quality of play calling in jeopardy in favor of a dramatic special you should rethink your why you are in the sports coverage business. You owe the Buffalo Bills organization and its fans an apology.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

The fact that the Sunday Night Football crew labeled Teddy Bruschi as a hero is down right ignorant. What about the millions of other stroke sufferers in the world, some of which don't have the benefit of millions of dollars worth of trainers. What about the stroke sufferers who recover each day? Why aren't they heroes? I think Joe Theisman, Paul Maguire and Mike Patrick should look up the word "Hero" in the dictionary. Bruschi didn't fight in another country for freedom, he didn't run into a burning building and save 30 people. He certainly didn't pull a drowning kid out of a pool. He had a stroke, and then played a football game. Please stop the verball blowjobs on National TV, it's quite disgusting, and it's especially annoying to have to listen to it while there is, believe it or not, a game trying to be watched. As if it wasn't bad enough that our team choked worse than Theisman does on Brady every Sunday night, the fact that we have to listen to the ESPN crew blow Bruschi and the Pats all night makes it 1000 times worse. From now on, I'm watching Sunday Night Football with the volume off.

Comment

Working...
                              X