PDA

View Full Version : Patriots, refs defeat the fearless Bills

The_Philster
10-31-2005, 03:04 PM
It was Sunday night football, it was the Buffalo Bills against the New England Patriots, it was Tedy Bruschi's return, it wasn't supposed to be close. Stunningly, the Bills walked fearlessly into Foxboro, Massachusetts and were just a couple plays from pulling out one of their best wins in recent history and taking sole possession of first-place in the AFC East. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-recap311005.php)

Jersey1031
10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
great article...

Gunzlingr
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
wow, I thought it was just us that felt that way.

The last buffalo fan
10-31-2005, 03:59 PM
A very good read, glad to know that not only the Bills fans, felt ripped.

"Buffalo's defense played terrifically in this game. Defensive end Aaron Schobel was a menace as he had two sacks and a forced fumble. The defense applied pressure to Pats' quarterback Tom Brady all night. The group has nothing to hang their head about, considering they finally stopped the opposing team’s running game.

As for the Patriots, Brady was efficient as he completed 14/21 passes for 199 yards and a touchdown. He led his 20th career fourth quarter comeback. Running back Corey Dillon ran for 72 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Deion Branch caught 3 balls for 92 yards and a score. As for the defense, the real hero was linebacker Mike Vrabel. He tallied 14 tackles and a sack, while Bruschi added 7 tackles and didn't really make an impact."

zone
10-31-2005, 04:38 PM
can't beat the ref's and the pats.

Typ0
10-31-2005, 05:06 PM
I didn't read it...but there shouldn't be any *****ing about the refs. We just plain didn't get the job done in the first half with the opportunities we had. I'm still miffed why our best receiver caught that 4th and 8 a yard in front of the LOS.

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2005, 08:07 PM
"There was a crucial 3rd and 5 play, Holcomb completed a pass down the middle for a first down to Eric Moulds. However, what was an obviously biased officiating crew called a push-off on Moulds and the play was called back. It was clearly incidental contact but the refs weren't going to allow the Patriots to lose in Tedy Bruschi's return."

It's amazing what can happen when you are the "Darlings of the NFL". :cynic:

ublinkwescore
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
not to mention that the refs gave the pats that long completion which clearly hit the ground when the patriot reciever fell on it.

JD
11-01-2005, 02:43 AM
"The Bills tallied a season-high 394 total yards. They dominated the time of possession 39:20 to 20:40. How could they lose this game? It's fairly suspicious. They completely destroyed the Patriots in every phase of the game but they made a couple of costly mistakes, but more than anything, the officiating ripped the game from the Bills.

They blatantly handed the game to the Patriots because the league simply was not going to let an upstart Bills team ruin Tedy Bruschi's return from a stroke. The hero worship received by Bruschi courtesy of ESPN was enough to make yours truly sick. He was treated like the second coming and praised for everything he did. ESPN even went so far as to count how many hits Bruschi totaled, that's ludicrous."

clumping platelets
11-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Moulds call was correct.....he pushed off

I do not believe that Branch caught it....he didn't have control of it prior to when it hit the ground....just like Theisman and Maquire stated. Should have been incomplete

The_Philster
11-01-2005, 04:48 AM
Moulds call was correct.....he pushed off

I do not believe that Branch caught it....he didn't have control of it prior to when it hit the ground....just like Theisman and Maquire stated. Should have been incompleteThe DB who was "pushed" disagrees with you
"The official saw something I didn't see," said Moulds, who had his best game of the season with nine catches for 125 yards, including a 55-yard touchdown. "Even the New England guy was saying, 'We got away with one.' It was a crucial time in the game. At that point, I thought we would have been able to just play."
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051101/SPORTS03/511010339/1007/SPORTS

Tinboy
11-01-2005, 05:06 AM
It makes me sick in the stomach the way that the refs bias Pats. It's a shame casue we palyed a very good game.