PDA

View Full Version : A franchised Nate Clements to Washington?

Captain Obvious
10-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Why do some posters think that TD can franchise Nate Clements and trade him to Washington? Because Gregg Williams is the DF coordinator? Heres why this won't happen

1)Washington doesn't have a 1st Round pick in 2006
2) Next year Washington will be carrying at least 15 million in dead cap space. How can they take on the kind of signing bonus Nate will want and salary?
3) Washington drafted a corner in the 1st Round 2005(Carlos Rogers)
4) How often are franchised players traded? (Peerless Price is the only example I can think of.)

If Nate is franchised and traded, hes not going to Washington.

Italian Stallion
10-31-2005, 04:38 PM
He's going to the NYG....they will easily give up a first and then some.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
He's going to the NYG....they will easily give up a first and then some.

Don't know the Giants cap situation next year, but that is a team that could use a good CB like Nate. The Giants would be a more realistic destination than the Redskins.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-31-2005, 05:49 PM
agreed

Sportsuser101
10-31-2005, 06:10 PM
I think SD would be interested in him as well.

Billsouth
10-31-2005, 07:13 PM
cleveland... for their first and second. We draft..... Charlie Weis from Notre Dame with the first rounder and to appease TD... we draft the smallest receiver that North Dakota ST has with the second rounder

capitolneal
10-31-2005, 07:14 PM
the Bills will sign him he is a Difference maker

feelthepain
10-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Why do some posters think that TD can franchise Nate Clements and trade him to Washington? Because Gregg Williams is the DF coordinator? Heres why this won't happen

1)Washington doesn't have a 1st Round pick in 2006
2) Next year Washington will be carrying at least 15 million in dead cap space. How can they take on the kind of signing bonus Nate will want and salary?
3) Washington drafted a corner in the 1st Round 2005(Carlos Rogers)
4) How often are franchised players traded? (Peerless Price is the only example I can think of.)

If Nate is franchised and traded, hes not going to Washington.

But Miami is 25 mill under the cap and will be working very hard to shore up the secondary...wouldn't it suck to have to face Nate twice a year on the hated fish side??? All I'm sayin is it could happen!!!:bad:

Crisis
10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
But Miami is 25 mill under the cap and will be working very hard to shore up the secondary...wouldn't it suck to have to face Nate twice a year on the hated fish side??? All I'm sayin is it could happen!!!:bad:

It won't.

Clements won't just walk. If he does, TD will be lynched.

feelthepain
10-31-2005, 07:31 PM
It won't.

Clements won't just walk. If he does, TD will be lynched.

Being a division rival you're probably right, however as much as TD seems to puzzle you Bill fans, I would be a little worried if I were you. I think Saban will not rest till the secondary is tops in the league and if that means getting Nate, I'm sure Sabans ok with that.

mysticsoto
10-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Being a division rival you're probably right, however as much as TD seems to puzzle you Bill fans, I would be a little worried if I were you. I think Saban will not rest till the secondary is tops in the league and if that means getting Nate, I'm sure Sabans ok with that.

If we franchise him, it will cost you alot to get him. And right now, you need your 1st rounder for a franchise QB of the future. You will have Ronnie Brown for many years to come and need a QB to go along with him. You have decent receivers for now, and this is that last remaining piece of the puzzle - besides getting new Olinemen and getting some youth in your defense. Clements would be good for you, but something tells me that Saban will prioritize a QB higher. I wonder if Saban likes Rivers? He'll be available next year...

colin
10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
san diego will trade one of their QBs for a pick, we might get one of their picks for nate, perhaps a mid first and a second.

i'd rather have nate, but we might not be able to afford him.

ublinkwescore
10-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Is it just me, or has Nate been getting burned a lot lately?

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
I'd rather have another first and second round pick, although it would likely be a 1st and 3rd. I'd still take the picks.

Of course there may be difficulty with signing two first rounders, but this coming draft is full of quality linemen, defensive and offensive. This is going to be an excellent draft.

clumping platelets
10-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Where do you get that the Redskins will have $15 million dead cap in 2006?

Captain Obvious
10-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Where do you get that the Redskins will have $15 million dead cap in 2006?

An article from Askthecommish.com sometime during the summer (can't find article or provide link). They actually estimated the redskins would carry close to 20 million in dead cap space. Does this sound right to you?

clumping platelets
10-31-2005, 11:44 PM
In 2005, yes....I doubt Redskins presently have $15 million in dead cap already assigned to '06

Captain Obvious
10-31-2005, 11:55 PM
In 2005, yes....I doubt Redskins presently have $15 million in dead cap already assigned to '06

Yeah, I probably had the years mixed up. BTW askthecommish gave you major props in their salary cap page.