PDA

View Full Version : I know this is kind of early but do you think the BILLS would draft

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-31-2005, 07:28 PM
91 Hali, Tamba DE Sr./Sr. 6-3 267

Hali brings tremendous athleticism, attitude and toughness to the D-Line and will be counted on for leadership and consistently productive play. He has very good size and strength and has the ability to be a dominant physical presence. His quickness and instincts also give him the opportunity to consistently deliver big plays and he wears down opposing defenses with an engine and desire that never quits.
http://www.gopsusports.com/football/people/Player.cfm?rosterid=1931

Marvelous
10-31-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm not draftnit but i do know we are solid at DE with Denney in reserves. Kelsay has panned out for us, & Schobel is above average. If we had the extra pick then sure.
-But we need DT/NT- Unless Anderson gets it going, but IMO i would love to see us land a Henderson type early. The difference between a early 1st round
DT is they take less time to pan out, where a 3rd rounder or lower takes 2 or more seasons to be that effective barring a miracle of course :)
-FS-- If there's a top notch FS available like a Sean Taylor, that would be a great help to our D. regardless that we have Vincent..
-RB if we play hardball with WM, then we will need a starter or a backup for Shaud Williams. Again that's only if we keep Willis at his small contract & he holds out etc or we trade him
-QB- I'm cool as long as we draft a QB next year. We need the depth.
- TE I know we took the UM kid last year but we need a gamebreaker. After watching all these other TE's rip it up, i always think how we don't have anything close to that with Cambell.....

ParanoidAndroid
10-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm not draftnit but i do know we are solid at DE with Denney in reserves. Kelsay has panned out for us, & Schobel is above average. If we had the extra pick then sure.
-But we need DT/NT- Unless Anderson gets it going, but IMO i would love to see us land a Henderson type early. The difference between a early 1st round
DT is they take less time to pan out, where a 3rd rounder or lower takes 2 or more seasons to be that effective barring a miracle of course :)
-FS-- If there's a top notch FS available like a Sean Taylor, that would be a great help to our D. regardless that we have Vincent..
-RB if we play hardball with WM, then we will need a starter or a backup for Shaud Williams. Again that's only if we keep Willis at his small contract & he holds out etc or we trade him
-QB- I'm cool as long as we draft a QB next year. We need the depth.
- TE I know we took the UM kid last year but we need a gamebreaker. After watching all these other TE's rip it up, i always think how we don't have anything close to that with Cambell.....

After help on the lines, we need to get younger in the middle of the defense.

Rd 1 - Haloti Ngata DT Oregon (an academic senior with a year of eligibility)
Rd 2 - Davin Joseph G/T Oklahoma
Rd 3 - Bernard Pollard SS Perdue (junior)
Rd 3 - Anthony Schlegel LB Ohio State

Mahdi
11-01-2005, 12:05 AM
I mentionned this guy in a previous thread, he is a dominant player for sure, which is what would separate him from guys like schobel and kelsay, they are streaky players that can show flashes at times but otherwise inconsistent, Hali would offer more of a Freeney type of player on the D-line, would be a great pick.

Bmax
11-01-2005, 02:25 AM
JON SCOTT LT TEXAS....6-7-310 GREAT FEET.....IF NOT AND CLEMENS IS GONE

JIMMY WILLIAMS CB VA TECH

BMAX

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 10:38 AM
JON SCOTT LT TEXAS....6-7-310 GREAT FEET.....IF NOT AND CLEMENS IS GONE

JIMMY WILLIAMS CB VA TECH

BMAX

Williams is a converted safety who will probably return to that position in the NFL. He's an incredible athlete and seemed to take to CB well, but one big reason he is so highly regarded is that the CB position is incredibly weak this draft. Teams who desperately need CB help will be reaching in the first round.

Scott is a nice prospect, but there is too much talent at OT to justify paying another 1st round tackle salary. There are possibly 10 or more OT's in this draft that could come in and start for Buffalo right away. This list is sick:

D’Brickshaw Ferguson,Virginia
Marcus McNeil, Auburn
Jonathan Scott, Texas
Eric Winston, Miami FL
Andrew Whitworth, LSU
Justin Blalock, Texas
Daryn Colledge, Boise State
Winston Justice, USC
Adam Stenavich, Michigan
Jeremy Trueblood, Boston College
Derek Morris, NC State
Zach Strief, Northwestern
Jami Hightower, Texas A & M
Jabari Levey, South Carolina
Mark Levoir, Notre Dame
Troy Reddick, Auburn

There are going to be tackles dropping like flies in this draft.

justasportsfan
11-01-2005, 10:45 AM
take him just because he looks like Bruce smith :D.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Here is a short list of first round prospects I would be very happy with:
Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
Mario Williams, DE NC State
Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
Rodrique Wright, DT Texas
Ahmad Brooks, LB Virginia
AJ Hawk, LB Ohio State
Abdul Hodge, LB Iowa

2nd:
Max Jean Gilles, G/T Georgia
Davin Joseph, G/T Oklahoma
Charles Spencer, G/T Pitt
Darryn Colledge, OT Boise State
Jeremy Trueblood, OT Boston College
Alan Zemaitis, CB Penn State
Orrien Harris, DT Miami

Devin
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I saw them pofile this mammoth DT the other night I wish I could remember who it was. This kid was all over the place, very athletic and strong.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
There is an obvious dropoff to Hali after Kiwanuka and Mario Williams, but if he was available in round 2, I'd take him.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I saw them pofile this mammoth DT the other night I wish I could remember who it was. This kid was all over the place, very athletic and strong.

Do you remember the team?

Devin
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
No but I think it might be Wright from TX.

Devin
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
IMO if we traded Clements and with our first rounders picked up a DT/CB/OL then addressed 1-2 spots in FA we might be good to go.

TigerJ
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
If Buffalo drafts high enough, it might be Rodrique Wright. I'm counting on Peters developing into a solid tackle by next year, so I'm thinking Wright or Ngata. I understand Ngata might be a health risk (knees), but I think he has even more upside than Wright.

gr8slayer
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
As long as were drafting OL/DL I dont care who we pick up.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 12:27 PM
If Buffalo drafts high enough, it might be Rodrique Wright. I'm counting on Peters developing into a solid tackle by next year, so I'm thinking Wright or Ngata. I understand Ngata might be a health risk (knees), but I think he has even more upside than Wright.

Ngata was hurt in the season opener in 2003 and sat out the rest of the year. He started 9 of 11 games in 2004 and got stronger as the season progressed. I like Wright, but Ngata is just bigger and nastier...all the talent plus guts and consistent effort. The guy has 5 blocked kicks in 2 seasons! He can absolutely crush a pocket and gets double teamed almost every single down.

TigerJ
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Ngata was hurt in the season opener in 2003 and sat out the rest of the year. He started 9 of 11 games in 2004 and got stronger as the season progressed. I like Wright, but Ngata is just bigger and nastier...all the talent plus guts and consistent effort. The guy has 5 blocked kicks in 2 seasons! He can absolutely crush a pocket and gets double teamed almost every single down.

I don't disagree.

Crisis
11-01-2005, 06:13 PM
CB Jimmy Williams from Tech.

Bmax
11-02-2005, 02:33 AM
i changed my mind let's take the best def prospect available...hawk,wright or the kid from bc would make me happy.......

Bmax

ParanoidAndroid
11-02-2005, 02:36 AM
i changed my mind let's take the best def prospect available...hawk,wright or the kid from bc would make me happy.......

Bmax

Any of those would make me happy, especially Kiwanuka. I would also add Ahmad Brooks to that list.

clumping platelets
11-02-2005, 03:31 AM
CB Jimmy Williams from Virginia Tech.

:up:

Unfortunately, he's not likely to be available when we pick :(

I like LB Chad Greenway from Iowa :D

ParanoidAndroid
11-02-2005, 08:27 AM
:up:

Unfortunately, he's not likely to be available when we pick :(

I like LB Chad Greenway from Iowa :D

Greenway is overrated IMO. His teammate isn't. Hodge is the better of the two as far as the Bills are concerned. We need inside help. Greenway is a Will linebacker.

gr8slayer
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Draft A.J. Hawk and switch to the 3-4

gr8slayer
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
But in all honesty you know TD isnt going to draft an OL or a DL. Knowing him it will be a freaking SS or a K.

ParanoidAndroid
11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Draft A.J. Hawk and switch to the 3-4

Who do we get to run it?

ParanoidAndroid
11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
But in all honesty you know TD isnt going to draft an OL or a DL. Knowing him it will be a freaking SS or a K.

I'm thinking TE. :D

frank74
11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
te's or wr's....that's td's style.

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking TE. :D
Would not suprise me one bit. Things like that are the reason we are where we are right now.

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Who do we get to run it?
I hear Dom Capers stock is dropping in Houston. Maybe enough to where he might be let go. If this happens lets drop Gray and add Capers.

DraftBoy
11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
I would love to see us get Max-Jean Giles in round 2. As for round 2, I think we need to address DE or DT first and foremost. We need a big strong fast DE who has plenty of pass rush moves, but can stand up blockers and defend the run. Wright from Texas isnt a bad idea either but something about him just is sketchy to me.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I hear Dom Capers stock is dropping in Houston. Maybe enough to where he might be let go. If this happens lets drop Gray and add Capers.

This would be fun. It would put Posey back into the position where he had 8 sacks under Capers and Spikes would likely move inside next to Fletcher. Crowell would keep his job on the strong side. If we draft someone like Ahmad Brooks, we could be nasty at LB, although I don't trust that Spikes will ever be the same again. We would have problems on our D line also.

Crowell Fletcher(Brooks) Spikes Posey

Schobel Adams Denney

lordofgun
11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Apparently, we'll be drafting another QB because it's pretty obvious they've already given up on JP.

What a freaking gutless, embarrassing organization.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Apparently, we'll be drafting another QB because it's pretty obvious they've already given up on JP.

What a freaking gutless, embarrassing organization.

Hey LOG, you're a Duck fan.... What do you think of Ngata?