PDA

View Full Version : WHY DOESN'T TD JUST PUT THE COFFEE DOWN?

Mitchy moo
10-31-2005, 10:20 PM
It's amazing to me that a 31 year old in his dream job would see a problem and have the wisdom to walk away even with that much success. Can TD really keep preaching of playoffs with this hard of a looming schedule and this many poor choices?

TD is delusional at best and really needs to be let go. After 5 years we need a new prospective on things. MM isn't a bad coach he just does what he is told to do, nothing more. He would make a better assistant coach and TD a scout for UB at best.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2209574

P.S. You can see how much Pittsburgh better got as soon as TD left, he is not a closer. Put the Coffee down TD, coffee is for closers.

BSXIII
10-31-2005, 10:35 PM
I take it you are referring to Theo Epstein, the GM of the Boston Red Sox. He resigned because he was a puppet for Larry Lucchino. He basically had to get up on the podium and defend the smear campaigns the front office led against the teams stars. Granted Tom Donahoe did make Drew Bledsoe the scapegoat last year, but as unfair as the treatment Bledsoe received was, at least this organization did not let it get personal. The Red Sox crossed that line with Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, and most recently Manny Ramirez. The went as far as to call certain players "lockeroom cancers" . Also, they leaked the contract negotiations between Epstein and the Red Sox to the Boston Globe, a 17% owner of the Red Sox. Donahoe has been a bad GM as far as personal decisions go, but Epstein was forced to defend mudslinging by his bosses.

Anyhow, I agree that Donahoe should be gone, but him quitting would be a lot different than what happened with the Red Sox. Epstein left because he could no longer work with his bosses. TD leaving would just make him look like a quitter.

Mitchy moo
11-01-2005, 07:08 AM
I take it you are referring to Theo Epstein, the GM of the Boston Red Sox. He resigned because he was a puppet for Larry Lucchino. He basically had to get up on the podium and defend the smear campaigns the front office led against the teams stars. Granted Tom Donahoe did make Drew Bledsoe the scapegoat last year, but as unfair as the treatment Bledsoe received was, at least this organization did not let it get personal. The Red Sox crossed that line with Nomar Garciaparra, Pedro Martinez, and most recently Manny Ramirez. The went as far as to call certain players "lockeroom cancers" . Also, they leaked the contract negotiations between Epstein and the Red Sox to the Boston Globe, a 17% owner of the Red Sox. Donahoe has been a bad GM as far as personal decisions go, but Epstein was forced to defend mudslinging by his bosses.

Anyhow, I agree that Donahoe should be gone, but him quitting would be a lot different than what happened with the Red Sox. Epstein left because he could no longer work with his bosses. TD leaving would just make him look like a quitter.

He is a failure if he stays, so which is worse?

Mitchy moo
11-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Paul Hamilton is calling it like it is:

As I left Gillette stadium Monday morning I was in the elevator with seven or eight New England writers. They were laughing and in amazement. Why? They couldn't understand how the Patriots were 1-for-7 on 3rd down, had the ball for just under 21 minutes, gave up a 136 yard rusher and a 125 yard receiver still won the game. The answer, they were playing a bad football team. A team that has gone quite a ways backwards instead of forward in just one season. I have defended a lot of Tom Donahoe's decisions over the years, but I just can't any more. There is no excuse for this and the man at the top must be held responsible.

http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0234

madness
11-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Good article, thanks skooby. Is there any truth to the reason Ross Tucker got cut?

lordofgun
11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Paul Hamilton is calling it like it is:

As I left Gillette stadium Monday morning I was in the elevator with seven or eight New England writers. They were laughing and in amazement. Why? They couldn't understand how the Patriots were 1-for-7 on 3rd down, had the ball for just under 21 minutes, gave up a 136 yard rusher and a 125 yard receiver still won the game. The answer, they were playing a bad football team. A team that has gone quite a ways backwards instead of forward in just one season. I have defended a lot of Tom Donahoe's decisions over the years, but I just can't any more. There is no excuse for this and the man at the top must be held responsible.

http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0234
That's why it's time to put JP back in there.