PDA

View Full Version : How many of you muted your TV Sunday night?

mybills
11-01-2005, 05:55 AM
They had to have said the name Bruschi at LEAST 5,000 times. :down:
They're STILL saying it constantly here in NE. :puke:

JD
11-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Lovely soap-opera.

I've been watching Young and the Restless reruns ever since :popcorn:

ddaryl
11-01-2005, 08:49 AM
I have to laugh. My wife who usually doesn't make many comments about anything wasn't to far from sticking her foot through the TV.

needless to say she, without knowing who the hell Ted Bruschi was/is, cannot stomach Ted Bruschi.

This nausea was entirely achieved by ESPN, and I might add it was accomplished in only 3 qtrs

gr8slayer
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
It was the most pathetic broadcast I've seen in a long time. I even have friends who are Patriot fans that muted it.

hammerbillsfan
11-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I had to after a while. :rolleyes: ESPN
Just put on some music. :band:

justasportsfan
11-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I can't stand Suzzy Colbert's voice , all the more when all she does is talk about Teddy.

casdhf
11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
it woulda been cool if he died on the field....ya know, with honor like a real warrior would want to

BillsFever21
11-01-2005, 01:48 PM
My 76 year old Grandpa had a stroke last year and returned to work laying bricks 4 months later. I guess he should be a hero to the country too.

DaBills
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Wait 'til this Monday night – we get to do it all over again. A few years back, there was a Jets game on NBC where they didn't have any announcers and just let the crowd and stadium announcer play over the airwaves.

They need to revisit that.

Devin
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
I didnt because I was recording the game, but if I wasnt I would have. That **** was irritating.

Cntrygal
11-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I didnt because I was recording the game, but if I wasnt I would have. That **** was irritating.

Count how many times they say his name!

Cntrygal
11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
I have to laugh. My wife who usually doesn't make many comments about anything wasn't to far from sticking her foot through the TV.

needless to say she, without knowing who the hell Ted Bruschi was/is, cannot stomach Ted Bruschi.

This nausea was entirely achieved by ESPN, and I might add it was accomplished in only 3 qtrs

:roflmao:

Rep for your wife!!

BillsFanCupp38
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
It was a constant thing, it was either bruiski brady or how good the patriots are. I didnt mute my tv but i was sick of it by the end of the night. Robert krafts interview was even more annoying though, i hate the pats!!!

chernobylwraiths
11-01-2005, 08:32 PM

No human being should have to live through that twice.

Come on Cntry, the guy lived through ONE natural disaster already. Do you want to kill him by making him watch that again?

The_Philster
11-02-2005, 04:46 AM
No human being should have to live through that twice.agreed...I usually watch the game a 2nd time while I'm transferring it to DVD..I stayed out of earshot for most of the time I was transferring last night :ill:

LtFinFan66
11-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Wait 'til this Monday night – we get to do it all over again. A few years back, there was a Jets game on NBC where they didn't have any announcers and just let the crowd and stadium announcer play over the airwaves.

They need to revisit that.That was more than a few years ago. Early 80's. Dolphin/Jet game. I remember watching it

There is a precedent for airing an NFL game without the use of broadcasters. On Dec. 20, 1980, NBC aired the New York Jets at the Miami Dolphins. The Jets were 3-12 entering the game and the Dolphins were 8-7. (Jets won 24-17). Since the game had no playoff implications, NBC decided to let the sounds from the stands and the PA announcer serve as the sole audio. No players were miked. Dick Enberg set the scene for viewers at the beginning of each quarter and then viewers were taken to the stadium.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7569019

mybills
11-02-2005, 05:29 AM
Good idea..I might be wrong. It could be only 4,999 times. :evil:

madness
11-02-2005, 07:57 AM

My wife too! She kept on yelling "Get of his dick!" I was just amazed she actually stayed up to watch the game with me. I even caught her cheering for the Bills! Pretty amazing for someone who absolutely hates football.

madness
11-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Good idea..I might be wrong. It could be only 4,999 times. :evil:

I heard ABC thinks ESPN went overboard and decided to cut back on their Bruschi coverage this monday night. They will only mention his name 4,998 times. :puke:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
There was no way I was listening to "motormouth" Theisman :lmao: I turned on Murph & VanPelt :up: