PDA

View Full Version : SIT DOWN SAMMY!

Mitchy moo
11-01-2005, 07:16 AM
'DT Sam Adams played sparingly in the second half as the coaching staff chose to play younger backups Justin Bannan and Lavale Sape in the three-time Pro Bowler's place. Bannan did a nice job pressuring QB Tom Brady and Sape had a fumble recovery. It's believed the decision to sit Adams was made by line coach Tim Krumrie, who may have been upset by Adams' penchant for not playing the scheme that's called. The Patriots averaged 4.2 yards per rush on Buffalo, led by Corey Dillon's big second half when he scored two touchdowns. An upset Adams wasn't sure what the future holds in store for him, but he's far and away Buffalo's best defensive tackle. If the coaching staff plays all young players against the Kansas City Chiefs, who have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, in two weeks, it could be a very ugly afternoon.'

BillsFever21
11-01-2005, 09:00 AM
This coaching staff is cluless.

They bench JP because they say Holcomb gives us the better shot right now but then they bench Adams. You're telling me Anderson or Bannan give them a better chance to stop the run and help to win games? Bull fecal matter.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2005, 04:56 PM
This coaching staff is cluless.

They bench JP because they say Holcomb gives us the better shot right now but then they bench Adams. You're telling me Anderson or Bannan give them a better chance to stop the run and help to win games? Bull fecal matter.

http://www.acclaimphotography.com/_gallery/_TN/0037-0410-0118-1046_TN.jpg and http://www.acclaimphotography.com/_gallery/_TN/0015-0309-1520-0030_TN.jpg (http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0015-0309-1520-0030.html)

ArcticWildMan
11-01-2005, 05:02 PM
This coaching staff seems too fascinated with speed players and ignores the fact that wide bodies are what stop the run.

Mitchy moo
11-01-2005, 10:29 PM
This coaching staff seems too fascinated with speed players and ignores the fact that wide bodies are what stop the run.

Speed and wide bodies are better!

Mitchy moo
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
The Bills must decide if they want to give young players more time on the line, as they did in the second half of the Patriots game when Sam Adams was benched. Adams was benched for a half in the fifth game of last season and rebounded with a string of big games. One would expect they are going to need him against the likes of Priest Holmes and LaDainian Tomlinson.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051102/1007725.asp?tbd1007725.asp

OpIv37
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
this is not the time to experiment. Adams needs to be on the field. He is by far our best D lineman against the run.

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Maybe Adams needs to wake the f up.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Maybe Adams needs to wake the f up.
finally, someone sees it like it is. :bf1:

dplus47
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
finally, someone sees it like it is. :bf1:

has he been playing poorly? he spent a lot of time in miami's backfield in that game. granted, miami doesn't have the strongest interior line. i remember him getting a lot of penetration in another game, but i can't remember who you were playing. is this just not happening consistently?

dannyek71
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
benching him worked last year

Crisis
11-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Adams is horrible against the run lately.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Adams is horrible against the run lately.
EXACTLY!

mysticsoto
11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Adams was the cause the Pats had 2 holding penalties against them in the 1st two drives the Pats had the ball. Adams is a big part of why the Pats were shut-out in the 1st half.

My understanding of why he was benched was not b'cse of him not putting effort, but b'cse he refused to follow what Jerry Gray wanted him to do (retain his ground maybe - instead of rushing the QB) and b'cse he didn't listen to him on 1 or maybe more plays, he was benched.

Let's get things straight Adams is probably our best Dlinemen...it's the lack of support next to him on why we have no run D!!!

Mitchy moo
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Adams was the cause the Pats had 2 holding penalties against them in the 1st two drives the Pats had the ball. Adams is a big part of why the Pats were shut-out in the 1st half.

My understanding of why he was benched was not b'cse of him not putting effort, but b'cse he refused to follow what Jerry Gray wanted him to do (retain his ground maybe - instead of rushing the QB) and b'cse he didn't listen to him on 1 or maybe more plays, he was benched.

Let's get things straight Adams is probably our best Dlinemen...it's the lack of support next to him on why we have no run D!!!

the lack of support stems from TD.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Why don't we bench the guy whose fumble led to the Bruschiots' winning TD, and who threw a 2 yard pass on 4th and 7 at the game's most critical juncture?

Earthquake Enyart
11-03-2005, 06:35 AM
C'mon, Jan. They evaluate every position, every week.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 08:49 AM
C'mon, Jan. They evaluate every position, every week.
And they do a helluva job, don't they? Our record of unbridled success proves it.:cry:

Stewie
11-03-2005, 09:48 AM
I have to assume the coaching staff wants the best players on the field.

That said, if Adams was truly not covering his assignments, then he deserves to be benched. The last thing this team needs is players doing whatever they want on the field. It's a team sport.

Mitchy moo
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I have to assume the coaching staff wants the best players on the field.

That said, if Adams was truly not covering his assignments, then he deserves to be benched. The last thing this team needs is players doing whatever they want on the field. It's a team sport.

Problem is we might be 4-4 if he is in there. You always field the best team and work it out during the week.