PDA

View Full Version : Byrne's Sunday report card for the Bills

The_Philster
11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Sunday night, the Buffalo Bills managed to post a really good effort against the two-time defending champion Patriots. However, they came up just a bit short and lost 21-16 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Here is my report card for the Bills...

Offense:

Quarterback = B+. Since the Patriots game ended, many have criticized Kelly Holcomb for his performance on Sunday. My question is this, how can you criticize a guy who goes into New England, shows no fear, and throws for 263 yards? It seems that Bills fans have forgotten that their former quarterback, Drew Bledsoe, was a train wreck in his three trips to Massachusetts. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/buffalo-bills-reportcard011105.php)

I think Byrne forgot about that crucial 4th and 7 play in which Holcomb made a rookie mistake

Carlton Bailey
11-01-2005, 03:09 PM
It looks like he blames the coaching staff. I just read the whole thing and he blames the coaches for the play call more than Holcomb. Like him, I don't fault Holcomb. Nobody else was open so he had to go to Moulds on it.

ArcticWildMan
11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I blame the coaches. Having your #1 rcvr that far from the 1st down marker is just piss poor play calling.

The last buffalo fan
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
It looks like he blames the coaching staff. I just read the whole thing and he blames the coaches for the play call more than Holcomb. Like him, I don't fault Holcomb. Nobody else was open so he had to go to Moulds on it.

Somebody said that Shaud Williams was wide open, I guess I have to watch the game again.

But in my opinion, it was MM or TC fault. They went three times for the field goal on Fats field, they were passing on the 4qt, with 9 minutes remaining on the clock, etc.

The_Philster
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I blame the coaches. Having your #1 rcvr that far from the 1st down marker is just piss poor play calling.
I blame Clements, Moulds, and Holcomb :down: ****ing stupid mental mistake!! :mad: