PDA

View Full Version : Ask Him Yourself: Mike Mularkey

The_Philster
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Andrew Cook (Hudson Falls, NY): I really liked your offensive game-plan last night and it seemed to work well against a formidable defense all night. However, on the fourth down play, was Eric Moulds' route so short of the first down marker?
Mike Mularkey: It was a high-low route and we should have taken a shot at the high route. Even with an interception possibility, our odds of getting the first down would have been higher. I think Kelly Holcomb didn't feel that there was a chance on the high route and that one broken tackle by Eric Moulds gave us a better chance at a first down. It didn't happen, but the route was the right depth.
Steve Edsall (Hilton, NY): Mike although I did agree in the switch to Kelly Holcomb in an effort to save the season, isn't it time to give J.P. Losman the chance to develop? Let's face facts, the defense isn't scaring anybody and the offense needs to further gel in order to have real chance in playoffs.
Mike Mularkey: At some point it's going to happen. We're going to do an evaluation this week on every position. That's what the bye week is for. We'll look at each player, each scheme and the play calling. Everybody will take a good look at themselves, coaches included, and if switching back to J.P. is the decision than that's one of the decisions we will make, but all options will be discussed. more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3475)

Tatonka
11-01-2005, 06:55 PM
thanks for nothing, mike.

Lexwhat
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>
I thought this part was interesting:

Paul Riederer (West Seneca, NY): Sam Adams ... Was he benched for poor play, or did you want to try different personnel in the schemes you were running?
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=right colSpan=3>
Mike Mularkey: I'm not going to talk about why players are in or out, but I'll just say we wanted to give some of the younger guys some work. I'll leave it at that.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lexwhat
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Give the younger guys some work?? We were playing the Patriots in New England. It's not like we were winning big or losing big. I thought Sam Adams was playing okay, maybe not great. I thought Luvale Sape played a good game as well. I would've put Sam Adams together with Sape. I dont think Tim Anderson plays better than big Sam. I guess Sam was doing really bad, even though I didnt notice it.

RedEyE
11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I think he was basically saying that he would rather not say exactly why Sam was benched.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I thought Sam has played pretty well all season. I have no idea why they benched him. But when they did I thought that is when NE got their flow going.

This whole "ask him yourself" is crap. "Good game plan, Mike" WTF is that. We scored 16 points. How about "Hey, jerk weed, do you think we can win many games with a crappy defense and 16 points of total offense?" Now that would be a good question!!

frank74
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
mularkey is a fool. another one of donahoe's boys. it's really quite sickening to me. to watch that fool beat himself the other night was the icing on the cake. and then, to read his insults in his half @ss replies to fans who know better. really peeves me. time for a clean slate.

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I think he was basically saying that he would rather not say exactly why Sam was benched.
Maybe Big Sam had diarrhea. :ill:

camelcowboy
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I am surprised at one thing, that he actually didn't shoot down the idea of putting JP, back in. He hasn't taken the hard line stance, that Kelly is our QB, and he is playing well we will keep him in there. That gives me some hope JP, may be seeing sometime soon.

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
"I think Kelly Holcomb didn't feel that there was a chance on the high route and that one broken tackle by Eric Moulds gave us a better chance at a first down. It didn't happen, but the route was the right depth."

Translation: KH fked up.

Otherwise MM would have said the high route wasn't open. Instead he said "KH didn't feel" there was a chance. So it was KH's poor decision.

Bench him and get JP back in.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I am surprised at one thing, that he actually didn't shoot down the idea of putting JP, back in. He hasn't taken the hard line stance, that Kelly is our QB, and he is playing well we will keep him in there. That gives me some hope JP, may be seeing sometime soon.
I agree, and that other comment about the route makes me wonder if he is upset over the way Holcomb ****ed up in the game. Maybe the Bills will do the smart thing and start Losman against the Chiefs next week. Hell, the Bills might even win if they do that. But if they don't...at least our QB is going to be able to develop. :up:

frank74
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
this is what really should have been addressed

"hey mike, why the hell wasn't mcgahee in the game when there was a little over 5 minutes on the clock and we were up by 9? i mean, i'm no nfl coach and most likely not nearly as intelligent as you and your crew, but something tells me that we should have been running out the clock in that situation, but then again, i'm just a fan who pays ridiculous money to witness someone as intelligent as yourself outsmart yourself almost every week."

mm:"well, we hadn't tried anything tricky in a while, so we felt that this was the most opportune time to catch them off guard. we'll take a good look at game film and assess the areas that need to be assessed and make some decisions then."

so sick of this guy and his bs

HHURRICANE
11-02-2005, 03:16 PM
"I think Kelly Holcomb didn't feel that there was a chance on the high route and that one broken tackle by Eric Moulds gave us a better chance at a first down. It didn't happen, but the route was the right depth."

Translation: KH fked up.

Otherwise MM would have said the high route wasn't open. Instead he said "KH didn't feel" there was a chance. So it was KH's poor decision.

Bench him and get JP back in.

I was going to comment on that quote as well. Moulds had 3 guys in front of him before the first down marker. Since Moulds, at this point in his career, is having a hard time beating one guy I don't know how he was going to beat 3! So MM comments are BS unless their VCR/DVD is broken!!

Typ0
11-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I was going to comment on that quote as well. Moulds had 3 guys in front of him before the first down marker. Since Moulds, at this point in his career, is having a hard time beating one guy I don't know how he was going to beat 3! So MM comments are BS unless their VCR/DVD is broken!!

The real problem was that Moulds was on the short patter at all...and that is a coaching mistake. Our best and veteran receiver, whose finally having a big game and when it's all on the line he's standing in the flats waiting for a check down pass on 4th and 8. Rediculous.

DaBills
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey coach, just wondering why you're wasting time with press conferences where you really don't say anything revealing, instead of teaching the WR's not to hold on running plays week after week.

Just wondering.

:funny: