PDA

View Full Version : Takeo Spikes - Battling Back

The_Philster
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
In his first seven NFL seasons Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes never missed a game due to injury. But on September 25, in a game against the Falcons, Spikes suffered a torn Achilles tendon in his right leg and was lost for the rest of the season. more (http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=4407)

colin
11-01-2005, 07:12 PM
i've got to think that having a guy like him would have put us over in the NO and NE games.

his energy, fire, and ability would have been nuts on sunday night

DynaPaul
11-01-2005, 07:20 PM
He may as well wait till next season, we aren't going anywhere this year...

The_Philster
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
He may as well wait till next season, we aren't going anywhere this year...
he's on IR...not like he has a choice

DaBills
11-01-2005, 08:03 PM
It's like the curse of the NFC South.

A few years back we lost five starters vs. Tampa week 11.

Then Cowart got hurt against NO in GW's masterful debut.

Now TKO vs. the birds.

:crap:

But in all seriousness, he has to take his time coming back from this. No way he should rush things. (no pun).

DynaPaul
11-01-2005, 09:26 PM
he's on IR...not like he has a choice

I know but earlier he was saying how he's rehabbing like mad to get ready to come back in the playoffs. I just hope he takes his time to get a full and proper rehab so that next year he's every bit the player he was.

Griz78
11-01-2005, 10:36 PM
From the article, I just have to say this guy is awesome. Still helping, putting in some time to help Crowell, doing rehab, taking his daughter to school, he really is a complete man. Seems like he puts everything into life no matter what and gives 100%. I hope he comes back well, just because he deserves it!

The_Philster
11-02-2005, 04:51 AM
I know but earlier he was saying how he's rehabbing like mad to get ready to come back in the playoffs. I just hope he takes his time to get a full and proper rehab so that next year he's every bit the player he was.
If a guy's on IR, he ain't eligible to come back until next season...playoffs wouldn't be possible even if we were to make it