PDA

View Full Version : Congrats To Everyone On A Great Innaugural Season

R. Rich
11-02-2005, 10:18 AM
As an executive of the BZFL and an owner, I'd just like to say how much fun this first year was and how I'm looking forward to more. We do have some issues to deal w/, and the execs (Devin, Mikey, myself, and the commish) will meet soon to discuss those issues. Other than that, everyone have fun and get ready for Season Two.

Congrats to the BZFL Champion Jersey Jags for a standout year. Going 20-1; you can't do much better than that to start out!

The King
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
:cheers: To next year Rich. Maybe we can win 5 games combined.

R. Rich
11-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Actually Michael, I think the Assassins should be able to win anywhere from 8-10 games in Year 2. Now, if my team doesn't win 12 or more in Year 3, that's when heads will roll.

The King
11-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I am building from the ground up for the most part, so I imagine we will suck againe.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 10:50 AM
I think the Playas wont sniff the playoffs for a few years :(

The King
11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
You're in the same QB situation as me.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 10:53 AM
I do have Kelly Holcomb LOL

The King
11-02-2005, 10:53 AM
LOL

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 10:55 AM
my offense next year will be run WIllis to the right, run Willis up the middle, run Willis to the left, 55 yd FG by Neil Rackers LOL

Hopefully Bertrand Berry and Robert Mathis will have about 20 sacks each and Cato June will have around 10 INTS to make up for a crappy offense

The King
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I was devistated when Calvin Pace got hurt, he was the future of that line. But my defense will improve a bit and get younger at the same time. Greg Spires will move over to DE and play Opposite Jarvis Green. Then Travis Johnson and Stroud will be up the gut.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Steven Jackson and Cadillac are a nice RB combo for you too.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the NFL the rest of the year and to see what the rankings look like when the new game comes out, nothing any of us can really do now but speculate, but was a fun first year and will be fun in the future

The King
11-02-2005, 11:03 AM
I cant keep Jackson at 5 Million.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:07 AM
there is a chance I may let Willis go actually, that depends on Priest Holmes health

The King
11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
I think a lot will depend on what we do with this cap.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Well my original plan to Have Culpepper and Mc Gahee as the center piece of my offense for the first few years of this league is shot out the window. I may keep McGahee since his salary wont go up. Depends if he can score more TD's in the second half and keep running like he did Sunday night

The King
11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah I hear that... Too bad the next few months are going to be slow. Although the website is coming along ok.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I look at this league the way I did my first Fantasy NBA league it makes the season more exciting because you are looking at what players do every week that you would never even pay attention to before. Helps you get more into football in general and not just one team or certain star players you like so in that sense it will stay exciting. I never thought I would be checking the Bengals boxscore to see how many tackle one of their LB's had every week LOL

The King
11-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Im pulling for Vick to get hurt every week. We need to get Schaub into the lineup.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
LOL I may have agem from my rookie draft if he can get healthy again, Brandon Jones right now is penciled in as a starter next year for me at WR. Even if Culpepper didnt get hurt there was no way I was gonna protect him at $10 mil so his injury just made my decision that easier.

R. Rich
11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
The younger guys I have are actually doing pretty well in the NFL this year, so I'm hopeful for a decent turnaround next year in the BZFL. I think 8-10 wins is doable.

R. Rich
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
LOL I may have agem from my rookie draft if he can get healthy again, Brandon Jones right now is penciled in as a starter next year for me at WR. Even if Culpepper didnt get hurt there was no way I was gonna protect him at $10 mil so his injury just made my decision that easier.

I'm actually pretty happy w/ the guys I drafted and how they're progressing in the NFL this year. Marion Barber was one of my 5th round picks, and he's doing a great job of filling in for the injured Julius Jones (the Assassins' starting RB) in Dallas while my other 5th rounder, Chris Canty, is playing very well as a reserve DE for the Cowboys. He looks very good, and might push Greg Ellis for more playing time. Derrick Johnson is having a very good rookie year for KC and Thomas Davis is doing well for the Panthers. Craphonso Thorpe, my 4th round pick, is struggling w/ the Chiefs though.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I thought I would have to focus on defense for my FA draft but the way this season is going I am gonna have to focus on offense instead

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 11:45 AM
My rookies are so so, Carlos Rogers has started some games this year been solid but not spectacular, Odell Thurman is having a solid rookie year as is Mike Patterson. Jason Tuck is doing nothing for the Giants, Robery McCune got cut by the Skins and Adrian McPherson isnt gonna see the field this year. Brandon Jones was doing well before he got hurt Jerome Mathis is picking it up now and Nick Collins is starting in GB so overall half way through the season my draft is probably at best a D