PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Holcomb made a very amateur mistake when he threw that INT....

OpIv37
11-02-2005, 10:35 AM
go back and watch the play again. As the Bills broke the huddle and approached the LOS, he never took his eyes off Moulds. He made a half-assed glance towards Evans on the other side, looked back at Moulds, hiked the ball, and threw it without ever looking off the defender.

If I can see this from my couch watching ESPN's lousy coverage, you can guarantee a pro defensive back is going to pick up on it.

Holcomb also didn't feel the rush on his blind side on that fumble- he had time to throw. Bledsoe got chewed out for making the same mistake last year.

In past games, Holcomb also had that "backwards" pass that lost 12 yards. He's had 4 INT's and 4 fumbles in 4 games- that's two TO's a game.

What's the point of all of this? I'm not blaming Holcomb for the loss. I'm just saying that our QB play isn't exactly top-notch, and if Losman has learned anything over the past few weeks, the fall-off may not be as much as one would think. Holcomb's play certainly hasn't warranted a benching, but I think it's time to put Losman in.

lordofgun
11-02-2005, 10:50 AM
This is nothing new! Holcomb has been a below average QB for 10 years!

There's a reason he's never been a starter for a whole season.

Novacane
11-02-2005, 10:58 AM
KH is not taking the Bills anywhere. The sooner they admit it the better

BillsFever21
11-02-2005, 11:02 AM
We can win the SB with Kelly Holcomb.

According to the homers that is.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
KH is not taking the Bills anywhere. The sooner they admit it the better

JP is not taking the Bills anywhere. Now or in the future. The sooner they admit it the better.

Novacane
11-02-2005, 11:19 AM
JP is not taking the Bills anywhere. Now or in the future. The sooner they admit it the better.

Very Possible but that can not be said for sure on a 4 game tryout.

mysticsoto
11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Listening to sport radio 550 a few days ago, I heard something that I thought was real interesting, and although it wasn't said exactly how I'm going to say it here, this is what I extrapolated from it - and now believe will be the case.

The Bills are not doing good this year, and with the drop off in defense, probably won't make the playoffs this year. However, if Losman goes in now, TD will not have anything to sell the fans next season. If the Bills Front Office waits until it is absolutely impossible to get into the playoffs, then they put JP in to get some reps/experience...and next year, they can still sell that JP has more experience and can hopefully come out like Eli did this year.

So, unfortunately, though most of us would like JP in now to get experience earlier, the effect of waiting until the playoffs is a mathematical impossibility before we put him in will be better for selling the Bills next year.

Of course, I don't agree with this, but when I heard it from a selling it to the fans POV, I figured, that is probably what is going to happen... :sad:

Novacane
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
The Bills are not doing good this year, and with the drop off in defense, probably won't make the playoffs this year. However, if Losman goes in now, TD will not have anything to sell the fans next season. If the Bills Front Office waits until it is absolutely impossible to get into the playoffs, then they put JP in to get some reps/experience...and next year, they can still sell that JP has more experience and can hopefully come out like Eli did this year.

:

If they try selling that any fan that buys it is a moron.

chernobylwraiths
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Listening to sport radio 550 a few days ago, I heard something that I thought was real interesting, and although it wasn't said exactly how I'm going to say it here, this is what I extrapolated from it - and now believe will be the case.

So, unfortunately, though most of us would like JP in now to get experience earlier, the effect of waiting until the playoffs is a mathematical impossibility before we put him in will be better for selling the Bills next year.

Of course, I don't agree with this, but when I heard it from a selling it to the fans POV, I figured, that is probably what is going to happen... :sad:

GR hates the Bills because the Bills won't give them the time of day. The afternoon guys go out of their way to bash the Bills and talk like baseball is a much better and more interesting sport. One of their other great thoughts is that Tom Donahoe isn't really even trying to make the team any better because the games are selling out and there is no need to put forth much of an effort at making this team better since the fans will go anyway.

jamze132
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
If they try selling that any fan that buys it is a moron.
Damn

TacklingDummy
11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Why would the fans buy anything Tom DOnahoe does?

The Bills will probably lose Clements, Moulds, Adams, Milloy this off-season. What's there to buy next year?

Watching McGahee play is fun but he's no Michael Vick, where people will buy a ticket just to see him play.