PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Bruschi AFC Player of the Week

The King
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Forked from: Any questions that the Bills had no chance to win sunday now ?? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1224203)

Read this, he had no effect on the game so why this honor ?? Because he didnt die on live TV??

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=week&prov=st&type=lgns

I thought this title may draw a bit more attention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=week&prov=st&type=lgns[/quote

Novacane
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
:limp:

mchurchfie
11-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Six of his seven tackles were made within three yards of the line of scrimmage. Wow!! This guy is like the second coming LT!!:rolleyes: Of course that is a lot closer to the line than Fletcher usually gets.

Bufftp
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
we should rename the BillsZone to TedyBruschiZone.com.
He's the second comming, all that and a bag of chips too!

mchurchfie
11-02-2005, 01:12 PM
we should rename the BillsZone to TedyBruschiZone.com.
He's the second comming, all that and a bag of chips too!:rofl::coocoo:
:bow: Bruschi :bow:

Captain Obvious
11-02-2005, 01:35 PM
I guess Deltha O'Neal of the Cinci bengals 2 INTs don't mean much compared to Tedy 's whiffing on a reverse and getting pancaked a couple of times.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I guess Deltha O'Neal of the Cinci bengals 2 INTs don't mean much compared to Tedy 's whiffing on a reverse and getting pancaked a couple of times.
and how about Rosevelt Colvin's sack/fumble on Holcomb? That was the game right there. He deserved more than that piece of ****, Bruschi.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
He participated in 64 plays? How extraordinary. My God, with that kind of record, he ought to be in line for Defensive Player of the Year.

Please, spare me from this insanity.

Captain Obvious
11-02-2005, 01:42 PM
and how about Roosevelt Colvin's sack/fumble on Holcomb? That was the game right there. He deserved more than that piece of ****, Bruschi.

Yep...Bruschi wasn't even the best defender on his own team, let alone the AFC.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
IMO, this makes me really think that the pass interference penalty was total BS. Why would they want the Bills to come back and win? The Patriots are the NFL's favorite team and what a story...Tedy Bruschi comes back from a stroke and gets AFC Defensive player of the week. :clap: :rolleyes:

:puke:

THATHURMANATOR
What a joke.

L.A. Playa
what a bout Vrabel from his own team 9 tackles 5 assists and a sack

AndreReed83
11-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Don't forget the 38 "hits" Bruschi had. It takes a special kind of "hero" to dive on piles.

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
some of those hits were from WIllis running over him and continuing on for another 5 yards

Michael82
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
The NFL should be ashamed of themselves for this ****. They basically made an award that is supposed to go to the top defensive player of the week and gave it to a player who just came back from a little vacation. :ill:

i'm sorry, but this just really pisses me off and it should piss off other NFL players too. Any of these players deserve it before Bruschi does IMO.

Deltha O'Neal - 4 tackles, 2 INT
Odell Thurman - 2 tackles, 2 INT
Reynaldo Hill - 6 tackles, 1 INT for a Touchdown
Warren Sapp - 6 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF
Rashean Mathis - 5 tackles, 2 INT
Mike Peterson - 10 tackles, 1 sack
Gary Walker - 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF
Shawne Merriman - 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF
Kevin Carter - 2 tackles, 1 sack for a safety
Mike Vrabel - 14 tackles, 1 sack
Rosevelt Colvin - 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF
Aaron Schobel - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

Now compare it to Bruschi....

Tedy Bruschi - 2 tackles, 5 assists (most of them he just jumped on the ****ing pile) :boring:

mchurchfie
11-02-2005, 02:17 PM
The feelgood story of the week.:puke::puke:
:monkeyp: NFL
:monkeyp: Patsies
:monkeyp: Bruschi

Devin
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Now that is the epitomy of lame.

Christ why dont we go ahead and throw his name on the MVP trophy.

Michael82
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Now that is the epitomy of lame.

Christ why dont we go ahead and throw his name on the MVP trophy.
you know that people want to. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets comeback player of the year or something else. This is a ****ing travesty. :puke:

L.A. Playa
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope he and Triple H live happily ever after

Michael82
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I hope he and Triple H live happily ever after
:rofl:

Michael82
11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Here's the worst part. Look at the other nominees. How the Bruschi win over these guys? :scratch:

Other nominees for AFC Defensive Player of Week 8 were:

- Denver linebacker Ian Gold, who racked-up eight tackles and a pair of passes defensed.

- Pittsburgh safety Chris Hope, who recorded nine tackles and his team-high third interception of the season.

- San Diego rookie linebacker Shawne Merriman, who notched 2.0 sacks and forced a fumble. Merriman is the first Chargers rookie to chalk-up 2.0 sacks since Chris Mims in 1992.

- Cincinnati cornerback Deltha O'Neal, who had two interceptions and a third pass defensed that was intercepted by teammate Odell Thurman, and added three tackles in a 21-14 home victory against Green Bay.

- Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu, who had a team-high 10 tackles.

- Oakland defensive tackle Warren Sapp, who registered 2.5 sacks, six tackles and a forced fumble from his position in the trenches. Sapp's forced fumble was recovered in the Titans' endzone for a TD by teammate Jarrod Cooper.

- Buffalo defensive end Aaron Scobel, who recorded 2.0 sacks for his 10th career multi-sack game.

- Pittsburgh cornerback Ike Taylor, who had nine tackles, an interception, a pass defensed and a fumble recovery.

- Kansas City safety Greg Wesley, who compiled seven tackles and one interception.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9019023