• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Stewart, Steelers might have said final goodbyes

Stewart's cap value is $7.9 million next year
    PITTSBURGH -- Tommy Maddox held an end-of-the-season chat Monday with the man he succeeded as the Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback, Kordell Stewart. It almost seemed as if they were saying goodbye.

Stewart, the starter for most of the previous five seasons, is expected to be traded or released during the offseason. Stewart's salary cap value would be $7.9 million next season, far too much for any team to pay for a backup quarterback.

"Kordell and I talked, and I'm hoping the best for him and he's hoping the best for me,'' Maddox said. "All those things will work out for the best.''

With Maddox now locked into the starter's job, the Steelers may try to re-sign former Lions starter Charlie Batch to be Maddox's backup. Batch did not play a down this season as the Steelers' No. 3 quarterback, making $450,000.
    .....more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

I liked Maddox better anyway.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
    X