PDA

View Full Version : Bills support keeping Holcomb as starter

The_Philster
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
While Buffalo coach Mike Mularkey spends the bye week considering lineup changes, several veterans say journeyman quarterback Kelly Holcomb deserves to keep his starting job over J.P. Losman.
They claim that gives the Bills the best chance of climbing into playoff contention. more (http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/13064300.htm)

Novacane
11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I really don't care what the vets think

madness
11-02-2005, 08:36 PM
That's right JPD, read it and weep. :cry:

Holcomb, however, was not blameless in the loss. His fumble led to the decisive score as the Patriots overcame a nine-point deficit.

Yes he should have expected Anderson to blow his assignment and that he would have been hit on his blindside. :rolleyes:

The_Philster
11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
neither do I...it was a pair of vets who screwed up on the game's biggest play...that 4th and 7...Moulds and Holcomb :down:

madness
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
neither do I...it was a pair of vets who screwed up on the game's biggest play...that 4th and 7...Moulds and Holcomb :down:

I'd disagree. That was poor play-calling. They thought subbing Parrish in Moulds' spot would mess up the coverage and shift the double towards #80. The Pat's didn't bite on a gimmick play that's all.

Novacane
11-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Yes he should have expected Anderson to blow his assignment and that he would have been hit on his blindside. :rolleyes:

what about when he stared down the WR on the INT he threw

what about throwing a pass for no gain on 4th and 8? Even Mularkey said that was the wrong decision. He said KH should have risked the INT and threw it down field.

Novacane
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
I'd disagree. That was poor play-calling. They thought subbing Parrish in Moulds' spot would mess up the coverage and shift the double towards #80. The Pat's didn't bite on a gimmick play that's all.

Holcomb should not have thrown that pass. Any idiot should be able to admit that

madness
11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
The INT was definitely his fault, no arguing that.

He should have thrown into double coverage to a green rookie? If that was Moulds, Holcomb wouldn't have even hesitated to pull the trigger.

Moulds should have been running that high route. End of Story.

Mike Mularkey: It was a high-low route and we should have taken a shot at the high route. Even with an interception possibility, our odds of getting the first down would have been higher. I think Kelly Holcomb didn't feel that there was a chance on the high route and that one broken tackle by Eric Moulds gave us a better chance at a first down. It didn't happen, but the route was the right depth.

The_Philster
11-02-2005, 08:53 PM
are you saying that Clements somehow physically forced Moulds to run the route so short...and he forced Holcomb to make the most stupid throw he could have?

RedEyE
11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
When is Mularkey going to play Head Coach rather than being pressured into doing things everyone else on thinks is right.

TacklingDummy
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM

I wonder what the vet. FA think about wanting to play for Buffalo.

Forward_Lateral
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM

How did Moulds screw that play up? He ran the route he was supposed to. Did you not read the Mularkey Q and A at bb.com.

X-Era
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
While Buffalo coach Mike Mularkey spends the bye week considering lineup changes, several veterans say journeyman quarterback Kelly Holcomb deserves to keep his starting job over J.P. Losman.
They claim that gives the Bills the best chance of climbing into playoff contention. more (http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/13064300.htm)

If I were MM, id be making a list of each and every player who wants to keep a career backup like Holcomb in.

Its another clear indication of a lack of leadership where they dont have the nuts to stick b ehind the young guy who MIGHT actually get them to the playoffs and beyond. Instead, they want to try to win now even though the season is over. Moulds is just being selfish, which with him is not unheard of.

Id can his a_s and his exorbenant salary and his very average play all together.

Get your young corp together of Parrish, McGahee, Losman, and Evans. Sh_t can Moulds and pick up another young WR. Let them all come together free of the garbage thinking that elder vet clowns bring to the table. Let them form the corp of the new team that hasnt been tainted with that crap attitude.

Fug Moulds. JP is the future and is that far away from being the now either. He isnt THAT much worse than Holcomb and ANY team that is in the cellar in passing better not feel to secure at the QB spot.

Moulds has a losers attitude, I am now convinced of it. Moss, TO, now Moulds. Fug em all.

mybills
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
IMO they should work JP harder than ever in these two weeks of practice then let him start. But my opinion doesn't count, nor can I change anything by getting upset if they go with Holcomb. Although, I don't think I'd be too upset if they did start KH. I think he's done a lot for us, and I'm not gonna chit on the guy for a couple of bad decisions in one game. :rolleyes:

jpdex12
11-02-2005, 09:14 PM

give me a break!

It is the same ole problem we have had all year. Our QB is afraid to throw it deep. Now on the last damn play of the game, on 4th and 8 KH dumps it off to Emo on a 2 yard route and he is surrounded by three guys??? What sense does that make?

When you think about it, with three guys near Moulds that should have left one of the other three receivers OPEN! KH loves Moulds and other teams know it. That was a dumb f****ing pass! Don't you think that the percentage to convert a 4th and 8 pass is greater when you actually throw the damn ball to a WR that is more than 8 yards down field? All that he has to do is catch the ball and come down in bounds rather than catch the ball and break three tackles and run 6 yards.

Quit sticking up for KH when we are pissing away a season that we should be grooming JP. Especially with a run "D" ranked around 30th, an offense ranked in the upper 20's, a second half schedule from hell and season ending injuries to two key defensive players. Not to mention the first rounders we gave up to get JP.

We aren't making the playoffs, face it! Ouch, that hurt saying that.:teary:

madness
11-02-2005, 09:16 PM
are you saying that Clements somehow physically forced Moulds to run the route so short...and he forced Holcomb to make the most stupid throw he could have?

No, you're misunderstanding me. Clements had Parrish lined up in Moulds' spot on the high route and put Moulds in the low route. Clements knew they would throw the double at Moulds on the high route and tried to trick them by putting Parrish there. Clements thought the double would shift to Moulds leaving Parrish in single coverage on the high route.

The Pats didn't bite and and left the double to cover the high. Holcomb thought Moulds had a better chance at breaking single coverage then Parrish catching the ball while he was doubled. If Holcomb is at fault of anything he should have got the ball to Moulds earlier while he had better separation. I think Moulds comes up with that first down if that was the case.

Again, another case of of the coaching staff outwitting themselves. :brovo:

OpIv37
11-02-2005, 09:23 PM

the best chance of climbing into playoff contention is to wait til next year and not ****ing start 3-5.

Turf
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow. Mularkey has no control over this team.
TE's and WR's saying who'd they'd rather have starting?
I'd be freakin killing someone if they did that to me as head coach.
Campbell says, Losman is the future but not right now? He gets away with that ****?
Obviously Mularkey is too soft. Another rookie head coach mistake. How the hell is Losman supposed to step in and click with these guys when they're publicly saying we'd rather have the other guy. That's the head coaches decision. STFU. Can you imagine Parcells tirade?
This team is and has been losing because of poor coach selection, and no offensive line.

madness
11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes, lets all give up hope while the division is closer than two fat chicks in a phone booth.

Did anyone pay attention to JP's play after his coming out party? There's third stringers in this league that could have played better.

It's all about the W's. You're a fool to think otherwise. People need to lose their delusions of grandeur about a better tomorrow and start worrying about today. I'm sure FA's will flocking here knowing that the Bills just gave up a whole season to groom their precious QB of the future. :shakeno:

The only way JP DESERVES to start is if they held another position battle during this bye week. IF he could prove to outplay Holcomb while both running the 1st team O I'd give him a chance to get in there. Otherwise he doesn't get in until we are officially out of the playoffs.

Face it folks. The NFL is just like any other sport. They play in R-E-A-L-I-T-Y, not some fan's pipe dream.

Bufftp
11-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I suppose it is good that Vets think they still can get back in play off contention. Better than haveing a run for the bus mentality now. This weeks games for N.E. and Miami will either quench some of thos aspirations or fuel fire.

While there is no Bills game this weekend it should be fun watching the other games this weekend.

The_Philster
11-02-2005, 09:29 PM
players will come if they feel that we're working towards a Lombardi Trophy...what's Holcomb shown you that says he can lead this team there?

bills&sabresmvf
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Listen Guys, I'd like to see Losman in there, but this team even though it doesn't look good for us to make the playoffs, is an NFL organization and it's still possible to make it to the playoffs, so they will stick with Holcomb. That 4th down play was stupid, yes...Moulds had nothing to do with it, in that situation you have to have a player play short. It was the wrong player to have played short. But their thinking was to draw the attention short and throw long to single coverage. Holcomb didn't think throwing it was safe so threw to Moulds hoping he'd break a few tackles (bad decision). I would have taken an interception on that play trying to get the 1st than a no yard chance at breaking tackles...This is just MO.

madness
11-02-2005, 11:22 PM
players will come if they feel that we're working towards a Lombardi Trophy...what's Holcomb shown you that says he can lead this team there?

A lot more than JP. :chuckle:

Right now he's 3rd in completion % and top 10 in QB rating. I'm not saying he's a pro bowl QB but he's certainly holding his own. He's an undrafted QB that's put up some yards on some pretty crappy teams. He came to Buffalo knowing he couldn't compete for a starting job. And to top it off, he gets no respect from the team's fans. I say let the dog have his day. There should be plenty of games left when we find out we're out of playoff contention for JP to get his time in.

Holcomb has earned my respect and that's why I'm sticking with him. JP hasn't earned crap and sits on the sidelines like he's uninterested since he's not the man anymore. Put the best players on field.

The rest have to EARN it.

BSXIII
11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
After reading this thread, I'm not very sure Holcomb even made the wrong read on the last play of the game. Sure Moulds had a slim chance of breaking a few tackles and getting the first down, but how much of a chance did the 5 foot roscoe parrish have of pulling the ball down in double coverage???

Leave it to this coaching staff to put the players in lose/lose situations at the most critical times. The Pats were having trouble stopping this offense the entire game. Their secondary is horribly depleted, and there was no need to get cute there. Let them try to cover 3 WR's in first down territory, they struggled doing that all game. Instead, our coaching staff thinks they can outsmart the Bill Bellicheck. The end result is Holcomb is left with the decision of throwing to Moulds 8 yards short of the first down, or throwing the ball up for grabs towards the most undersized player in the league in double coverage....

bills_7
11-02-2005, 11:55 PM

who calls the shots around here the bills staff or moulds?.. cut moulds' ass im sick of him.. put j.p. in.. they dont like it cut there ass.. we need parcells in here or a coach jst like him... the bills staff is soft

Tinboy
11-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Yes, lets all give up hope while the division is closer than two fat chicks in a phone booth.

Did anyone pay attention to JP's play after his coming out party? There's third stringers in this league that could have played better.

It's all about the W's. You're a fool to think otherwise. People need to lose their delusions of grandeur about a better tomorrow and start worrying about today. I'm sure FA's will flocking here knowing that the Bills just gave up a whole season to groom their precious QB of the future. :shakeno:

The only way JP DESERVES to start is if they held another position battle during this bye week. IF he could prove to outplay Holcomb while both running the 1st team O I'd give him a chance to get in there. Otherwise he doesn't get in until we are officially out of the playoffs.

Face it folks. The NFL is just like any other sport. They play in R-E-A-L-I-T-Y, not some fan's pipe dream.

I couldn't agree with you more. Look at the Bengals, they should have made Kitna stay put to win some games! If I where a Bengals fan I would be crying right now.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 04:42 AM
I won't be surprised if Holcomb stays in. After all, mediocrity has been the hallmark of the Donahoe era.

The_Philster
11-03-2005, 04:58 AM
A lot more than JP. :chuckle:yeah, cause a rookie should be expected to play like a vet after 4 games :shakeno:

mybills
11-03-2005, 05:15 AM
cut moulds' ass im sick of him..
:coocoo:

madness
11-03-2005, 07:32 AM
yeah, cause a rookie should be expected to play like a vet after 4 games :shakeno:

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

justasportsfan
11-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Holcomb yes, Moulds no!

Michael82
11-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I bet these are the same damn players that are making dumb plays in the 5 losses this year, and allowing every team possible to run all over us. :puke:

Mularkey needs to get control of this team. The vets should have no ****ing say. if they don't like it, there's the door.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 09:14 AM
The shame of it is, Holcomb is as immoble and fumble-prone as Bledsoe, but without Drew's strong arm. So with Bledsoe gone and JP on the bench, we have again taken a large step backward.

When, in God's name, will we take a step forward?

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Players should not be discussing personnel to the media PERIOD

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Im at the point now where I dont even care what the vets think. If they dont like the way we run our team then they can get the hell out of here. The same vets *****ing are the same vets making mistakes that lose games for us.

Im all for a complete over-haul excluding TKO, McGee, Clements, Willis, Evans, Peters, Preston, and Losman.

To hell with the "vets".

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
This just shows once again that Mularkey has no balls or control over this team.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Im at the point now where I dont even care what the vets think. If they dont like the way we run our team then they can get the hell out of here. The same vets *****ing are the same vets making mistakes that lose games for us.

Im all for a complete over-haul excluding TKO, McGee, Clements, Willis, Evans, Peters, Preston, and Losman.

To hell with the "vets".
I totally agree with you. We are going to start Holcomb again, not because of his play, not because of the fact that we are still somewhat "alive" but because the veterans want it. :puke: