PDA

View Full Version : Masters of mediocrity

The_Philster
11-03-2005, 04:43 AM
Mike Mularkey, apparently still in a daze in the moments following what may have been the most disappointing loss of his tenure as head coach of the Buffalo Bills, said his team "took a step forward" in New England Sunday night.
OK, in the sense that the Bills didn't lose 31-0 or 29-6 as they had in their previous two visits in Foxboro, yes, it was a step forward. This defeat was at least respectable at 21-16. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051103/SPORTS0106/511030359/-1/COLUMNS)

Pride
11-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Good article

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Mediocrity has dominated the Donahoe era.

If the Bills don't show some signs of lifting themselves from this 5 year morass that TD has created, I will probably give up my season tickets next year, when my contractual obligation ends.

I have loved this team since 1960, but we now seem to be adrift in a sea of perpetual promises with no fulfilment. We have no overall plan, no leadership, and no commitment to winning.

TD's hollow words, and Mularkey's bland coaching style, have produced zero results. The Bills are no closer to success now than they were 5 years ago.

I will always be a Bills fan, but I can no longer justify the expense of season tickets and the excruciating trips to Buffalo to watch a team whose front office has failed monumentally to field anything but a consistently second rate team.

Pride
11-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I agree... I bought season tix this year.... and i will NOT renew next year. Already told my ticket agent that.

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Mike Mularkey, apparently still in a daze in the moments following what may have been the most disappointing loss of his tenure as head coach of the Buffalo Bills, said his team "took a step forward" in New England Sunday night.
OK, in the sense that the Bills didn't lose 31-0 or 29-6 as they had in their previous two visits in Foxboro, yes, it was a step forward. This defeat was at least respectable at 21-16. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051103/SPORTS0106/511030359/-1/COLUMNS)
WTF? "Took a step forward?" My ass we took a step forward. That loss flat out sucked.

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm glad I didn't renew for a 5th year this season. I'll go to season opener next year and that will be it.

I have better things to put my money towards then dishing it out in a team with a worthless coach and a journeymen QB with no future.

4k over 4 years is enough for me. I'm not throwing my money away anymore.

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Saying we "Took a step foward" after that game just shows how pathetic the goals of this coaching staff is.

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 11:16 AM
"I'm actually proud of these guys," the coach went on. Proud of what? Losing a game that was eminently winnable?

Add up Mularkey's 1 1/2 seasons on the job in Buffalo and there isn't a whole lot to be proud of. His record is 12-12, and a further breakdown of that .500 mark reveals a disturbing trend.
Last season, Buffalo's nine wins came against teams that posted a grotesque combined won-loss record of 55-89 while its seven defeats came to teams that were 76-36.
This year, the three wins have come against teams with a combined record of 6-15, the five losses to teams that are 19-16.

In Mularkey's first 24 games, his team has won only three games when it was playing an opponent with a winning record at the time of the meeting — last season against the 6-1 Jets, the 5-4 St. Louis Rams and the 6-4 Seattle Seahawks. Simply put, Mularkey's Bills usually handle the lightweights, but they can't stand toe-to-toe against the heavyweights, which is why Buffalo didn't make the playoffs in 2004, and why it probably won't get there in 2005

This is pathetic and is exactly what myself and others have been saying all season.

But we're gonna suddenly reverse this trend and finish 7-1 against good teams? Sure.

frank74
11-03-2005, 11:47 AM
a slap in the face to all of the fans who spend their hard earned money on supporting this crap. we deserve more, and so do the bills!