PDA

View Full Version : The Bengals hireing Marvin Lewis as HC is VERY VERY bad for the bills

BufBlue4ever60
01-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Seeing as how Lewis is a defensive mastermind, he will want all the talnet he can get. Which means THE BENGALS WILL RESIGN TAKEO SPIKES.

Of course, im still optimistic. But after seeing what Lewis did in Baltimore with Lewis and Boulware, Spikes would be stupid not to stay in Cinci, even if it means he will have to wait another couple of years to play in the playoffs.

Buffarama
01-14-2003, 09:16 PM
I think it's very very very bad for Marvin.

Dozerdog
01-14-2003, 09:18 PM
The Bengals were going to franchise tag Spikes regardless who took the reigns of the Bengals.

I think the Lewis hiring is good for the Bills. It's one less Head coaching job available for Tom Coughlin. If Williams fails next season, and If Coughlin isn't a head coach somewhere, I think he's the guy the Bills should consider

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-14-2003, 09:30 PM
I can't wait to see him rot away in Bungleland.

I don't think much of Lewis, but just the fact that he is a popular name mean that the Bungles might actually be trying to turn things around?

Buffarama
01-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Wonder why Parcells didn't go there...............
Cincinnatti is where you get sent when you're bad or as a threat.

WG
01-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
I think it's very very very bad for Marvin.

LOL

Yeah, I'm not sure it was the shrewdest of decisions either.

Cincy is the black hole of the NFL for talented players like Dillon and coaches alike. The owner has not demonstrated a commitment to winning by being cheap and under the cap every year significantly.

But, Lewis wanted a head coaching job. I think he would have gotten his chance elsewhere either this season or next one way or another.

We'll see...

BADTHINGSMAN
01-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Its only bad for Lewis. I Totally agree. Lewis wont bring in bigtime players. Bengals owner doesnt want to spend the money. Probably tag Spikes to make Lewis happy. But with no GM to talk to and an owner who wont open his wallet,how good can the Bengals get? Not very good. It takes more than a good Defensive Cordinator made coach to change a team. Same old Bengals next 12 years straight.

Earthquake Enyart
01-15-2003, 06:13 AM
Marvin was in a bind. He couldn't spend another year with that nimrod Steve Spurrier and ever hope to get a chance to be a HC anywhere. He had to take anything that was offered.

mush69
01-15-2003, 06:44 AM
Anything though? the way I see he could have had more teams looking at him. He took the first that was offerred. Mike Brown will not let go of HIS team and HIS money. He needs to build an Oline and get somebody for the Qb to throw too.

In fact I think they should trade that #1 pick to US for Jay Riesmersma and maybe another flop(s) So we could get Carson Palmer to learn under Drew for 2 or 3 years. :chuckle: :snicker: :lol!: :rofl:

I know its a pipe dream but hey it is also 11 degrees out and the wood stove is running low. Something could happen like I might stoke the stove and Mike Brown might still be cheap!

don137
01-15-2003, 06:44 AM
The fact that the Redskins defense was mediocre at best under Lewis makes me wonder if it was the talent that made Lewis look so good in Baltimire. I am really not overlly impressed with him and I think he thinks he is better than he really is.

Earthquake Enyart
01-15-2003, 06:48 AM
I agree with you. His stock is dropping. If he doesn't take the Bengal job, he'd be lucky to get a college HC job next year.

TedMock
01-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by don137
The fact that the Redskins defense was mediocre at best under Lewis makes me wonder if it was the talent that made Lewis look so good in Baltimire. I am really not overlly impressed with him and I think he thinks he is better than he really is.

I agree that the skins underacheived but they finished 6th in the league in total defense. That's pretty good.

justasportsfan
01-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Lewis is a good D coord. So was Wade and GW. GW is still under review.

colin
01-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Lewis talked smack about the Bills, he will be crushed.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2003, 11:10 AM
i'm happy for m.lewis.i heard a rumor that r.rhodes quit to go to cincinatti with lewis.has anybody else heard that?

SoCalBillsFan
01-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
GW is still under review.

No he's not. He sucks.

Bulldog
01-15-2003, 02:50 PM
I said a week ago that the Bungles would hire Lewis and that there was no way in hell that Spikes was getting out of Cincy.

Novacane
01-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Maybe Spikes will throw a fit about being tagged like Trotter did last year with Philly. That may make them think twice. Probably not but until he signs with Cinci I am not giving up hope of getting him in here.