LG
Preston
C
Teague
RG
Villarial
RT
Peters

Mike Williams is out of position but the cheap ass bills wont pay for a big time LT

OpIv37
11-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Mike Williams at LT? If he's our LT we might as well not even show up for games.

Pride
11-03-2005, 08:31 AM
We wont pay for an expensive LT? What do you think Williams will be next year? 8 Million LT. I'd rather force him into a pay cut... move him to Right guard, and get a stud LT.

eyedog
11-03-2005, 08:44 AM
He can't even handle right tackle how the hell is he gonna handle the speed on the left side.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 08:54 AM
What does it matter? If TD was too clueless to put a decent line in front of a statue like Bledsoe, do you really expect him to wake up now?

Look for more RBs and WRs. Linemen are simply not sexy enough for the genius.

RedEyE
11-03-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm hoping Preston become Center, and Williams is pushed to RG after accepting a well deserved pay cut.

Mahdi
11-03-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd rather see Peters at LT tackle. Even though he is a little raw he has the athleticism to handle LT, MW does not.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't understand this fascination with putting Williams in at guard. If he is healthy, he is clearly our best RT.
The issue isn't whether or not he can be a very good RT, it is whether he can stay healthy. His proneness to injury rivals that of Jennings and that is the only reason that we could ask him to restructure his deal.
I'm sure that he still thinks he has a chance to get healthy and have a good career as a tackle. I really don't think he is just going to roll over and accept guard money.
The only lineman I see, who absolutely needs to be replaced, is Anderson. He's a continual liability in the passing game.
Gandy has done pretty well and the potential is there for Peters to push him into the guard spot, although that is a ways off.
Teague is a free agent and he will definately be asked to take less money to stay. He may abscond which would put Preston in at center.
Look for an acquisition at guard either in FA or the draft this year. No first round tackles and no big name free agents.

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:34 AM
There is no way MW could handle playing LT. You have to be swift on your feet.

EDS
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't understand this fascination with putting Williams in at guard. If he is healthy, he is clearly our best RT.
The issue isn't whether or not he can be a very good RT, it is whether he can stay healthy. His proneness to injury rivals that of Jennings and that is the only reason that we could ask him to restructure his deal.
I'm sure that he still thinks he has a chance to get healthy and have a good career as a tackle. I really don't think he is just going to roll over and accept guard money.
The only lineman I see, who absolutely needs to be replaced, is Anderson. He's a continual liability in the passing game.
Gandy has done pretty well and the potential is there for Peters to push him into the guard spot, although that is a ways off.
Teague is a free agent and he will definately be asked to take less money to stay. He may abscond which would put Preston in at center.
Look for an acquisition at guard either in FA or the draft this year. No first round tackles and no big name free agents.

Agreed. Williams is solid if healthy. Teague will likely be gone so Preston will step in at center and Anderson is the only one that absolutely without a doubt needs to be replaced. If Peters continues to improve and can handle left tackle next year then Gandy would be more than adequate at left guard. Then maybe a 2/3/4 round guard to back-up or push Villareal.

BuffaloRanger
11-03-2005, 01:42 PM
The key is to watch the waiver wires now. Look for scrub Olineman getting cut by teams during this season. That is who TD will pickup in the offseason to be molded by McNally. TD has never, ever, put any emphasis on building a strong Oline. He's a fool.

There's always a shiney TE or WR that will be available at our #12 draft pick next draft. Build through the draft. Not necessarily 1st round picks, but definitely DAY 1 picks.

Seriously, Great Olineman rarely make it to FA. DTs make it to FA. CBs make it to FA. OL hardly ever.

Why can't the Bills actually build a great Oline like KC or Indy? Think how great McGahee could be?!

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Max Jean Gilles or Davin Joseph.

Both are guards who have tackle experience. Right up Donahoe's alley.