• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It's official

Holcomb will start after the bye.

Yesterday's news was focused upon the fact the team supports him and today's focuses on the announcement that Holcomb WILL start.

Personally I would have been more comfortable if Holcomb was able to drive the team down field with the winning score in Sunday's game.

I also would have been more at ease with this decision had Holcomb NOT thrown the little 2-3 yard shuttle pass when the Bills needed 7 on fourth and seven.

Article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's official

Crap.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Nice job! I'm glad the veterans are willing to throw away the future and delay the inevitable.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Doesn't matter. I've thrown this season away already anyway.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Doesn't matter. I've thrown this season away already anyway.
          Me too. It would be nice to throw it away on JP's development, however, rather than on Eric Moulds' ego.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Me too. It would be nice to throw it away on JP's development, however, rather than on Eric Moulds' ego.
            EXACTLY!

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Just Hope New England beats the colts, maybe reality will start to kick in.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                Just Hope New England beats the colts, maybe reality will start to kick in.
                I can't do that.

But you are right.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

If we are going to be a losing team we might as well be a losing team developing the future. I hate this choice by Mularkey. Frankly, I think its a bunch of Mularkey.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

JP, needs to get in their or next year will be the same as this year. Holcomb is a stop gap. He has no upside. Stop stunning this kids growth, and get him out there. If i schedule wasn't so bad, i would say keep Holcomb in there, but it is. Take our licks now. Get ready for next year.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      If we are going to be a losing team we might as well be a losing team developing the future. I hate this choice by Mularkey. Frankly, I think its a bunch of Mularkey.
                      I'm with you. If we are going to be 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7...at least we can say that we are developing our rookie QB to get him ready for next year, like the Giants and Bengals did. He can't develop on the bench. I hate this move! And if they lose either of the next two games, the veterans better shut their ****ing mouths and Mularkey better go back to Losman.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

This just shows how much of a pansy Mularkey is.

I am so sick of Mularkey and quite frankly this team. Mularkey isn't going anywhere and neither will we as long as he is our coach.

I'm just so disgusted right now. Holcomb leads the league in fumbles in only 4 games and we only went 2-2 through our easiest 4 game stretch of the year. That's something to be proud of.

We're gonna finish the season with about 5 or 6 wins and next year we will be in the same boat. We'll either be starting a QB with no experience or a journeymen fumble prone QB who can't win either.

What a great future we have to look foward to. It's great to be a Bills fan.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          I'm with you. If we are going to be 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7...at least we can say that we are developing our rookie QB to get him ready for next year, like the Giants and Bengals did. He can't develop on the bench. I hate this move! And if they lose either of the next two games, the veterans better shut their ****ing mouths and Mularkey better go back to Losman.
                          You're being generous with 7-9 wins. There is no chance in hell this team finishes the season winning 5 or 6 more games. We'll be lucky to win 3 more of them.

Comment

• BSXIII
                            Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                            I also would have been more at ease with this decision had Holcomb NOT thrown the little 2-3 yard shuttle pass when the Bills needed 7 on fourth and seven.
                            Article
                            It was either that or throw to a five and a half foot rookie in double coverage. Rather than play conventional football and take advantage of the Pats depleted secondary as they were able to do all game, the coaching staff tries to outsmart Bellicheck and puts Holcomb in a critical play where he has no chance at picking up the first down.
                            I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                              You're being generous with 7-9 wins. There is no chance in hell this team finishes the season winning 5 or 6 more games. We'll be lucky to win 3 more of them.
                              So wouldnt it make sense to start building for the future if we know we dont have a chance in hell?

I wonder if TD and Mularkey think that the fans want Holcomb over Losman.

Comment

Working...
                              X