PDA

View Full Version : It's official

northernbillfan
11-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Holcomb will start after the bye.

Yesterday's news was focused upon the fact the team supports him and today's focuses on the announcement that Holcomb WILL start.

Personally I would have been more comfortable if Holcomb was able to drive the team down field with the winning score in Sunday's game.

I also would have been more at ease with this decision had Holcomb NOT thrown the little 2-3 yard shuttle pass when the Bills needed 7 on fourth and seven.

Article (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051103/1010820.asp)

The King
11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Crap.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Nice job! I'm glad the veterans are willing to throw away the future and delay the inevitable. :puke:

Mr. Miyagi
11-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Doesn't matter. I've thrown this season away already anyway.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Doesn't matter. I've thrown this season away already anyway.
Me too. It would be nice to throw it away on JP's development, however, rather than on Eric Moulds' ego.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Me too. It would be nice to throw it away on JP's development, however, rather than on Eric Moulds' ego.
EXACTLY!

camelcowboy
11-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Just Hope New England beats the colts, maybe reality will start to kick in.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Just Hope New England beats the colts, maybe reality will start to kick in.
I can't do that. :ill:

But you are right.

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:33 AM
If we are going to be a losing team we might as well be a losing team developing the future. I hate this choice by Mularkey. Frankly, I think its a bunch of Mularkey.

camelcowboy
11-03-2005, 10:44 AM
JP, needs to get in their or next year will be the same as this year. Holcomb is a stop gap. He has no upside. Stop stunning this kids growth, and get him out there. If i schedule wasn't so bad, i would say keep Holcomb in there, but it is. Take our licks now. Get ready for next year.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
If we are going to be a losing team we might as well be a losing team developing the future. I hate this choice by Mularkey. Frankly, I think its a bunch of Mularkey.
I'm with you. If we are going to be 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7...at least we can say that we are developing our rookie QB to get him ready for next year, like the Giants and Bengals did. He can't develop on the bench. I hate this move! And if they lose either of the next two games, the veterans better shut their ****ing mouths and Mularkey better go back to Losman.

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
This just shows how much of a pansy Mularkey is.

I am so sick of Mularkey and quite frankly this team. Mularkey isn't going anywhere and neither will we as long as he is our coach.

I'm just so disgusted right now. Holcomb leads the league in fumbles in only 4 games and we only went 2-2 through our easiest 4 game stretch of the year. That's something to be proud of.

We're gonna finish the season with about 5 or 6 wins and next year we will be in the same boat. We'll either be starting a QB with no experience or a journeymen fumble prone QB who can't win either.

What a great future we have to look foward to. It's great to be a Bills fan.

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm with you. If we are going to be 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7...at least we can say that we are developing our rookie QB to get him ready for next year, like the Giants and Bengals did. He can't develop on the bench. I hate this move! And if they lose either of the next two games, the veterans better shut their ****ing mouths and Mularkey better go back to Losman.

You're being generous with 7-9 wins. There is no chance in hell this team finishes the season winning 5 or 6 more games. We'll be lucky to win 3 more of them.

BSXIII
11-03-2005, 10:52 AM
I also would have been more at ease with this decision had Holcomb NOT thrown the little 2-3 yard shuttle pass when the Bills needed 7 on fourth and seven.

It was either that or throw to a five and a half foot rookie in double coverage. Rather than play conventional football and take advantage of the Pats depleted secondary as they were able to do all game, the coaching staff tries to outsmart Bellicheck and puts Holcomb in a critical play where he has no chance at picking up the first down.

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 10:53 AM
You're being generous with 7-9 wins. There is no chance in hell this team finishes the season winning 5 or 6 more games. We'll be lucky to win 3 more of them.
So wouldnt it make sense to start building for the future if we know we dont have a chance in hell?

I wonder if TD and Mularkey think that the fans want Holcomb over Losman.

jamze132
11-03-2005, 10:58 AM
If we are going to lose anyways, why half-ass is? I would rather lose by 30 points than by losing in the last couple minutes of the game. Play JP!!! He isn't really learning a lot sitting on the bench. I just don't understand this team right now. It just seems to me that the players are running this team and not the coach. And the GM is a joke. I feel bad for everyone who payed over $240 for DirecTV's football package.

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
So wouldnt it make sense to start building for the future if we know we dont have a chance in hell?

I wonder if TD and Mularkey think that the fans want Holcomb over Losman.

Yes it does but Mularkey is too much of a pansy to make the switch.

We went 3-5 through our easy part of the schedule. We have only beat 2 teams with a winning record under Mularkey and we haven't won a road game this season. Now all of a sudden we're gonna finish the year 6-2 or 7-1 against teams like Denver, San Diego, KC, Cinci and New England? Yeah right.

I don't even see us beating Miami on the road when we play them next. We barely beat them at home and the Phins beat themselves that game. Even they are a better team then us this year. At least they can beat good teams(Denver and Carolina) unlike us.

Top 10 draft pick here we come.

Meathead
11-03-2005, 11:00 AM
i hope they prove us all wrong

i hope

gr8slayer
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
We should have taken a shot at Parcells when he was available. At least he has a spine.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
11-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Way to go Mularkey: Keep Losman on the bench. Lets keep throwing the ball to Moulds and keep the ball away from Evans.

Lets do whatever we can to stop developing our 1st round draft picks so that E Moulds gets his touches.

Where are we going???

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
If we are going to lose anyways, why half-ass is? I would rather lose by 30 points than by losing in the last couple minutes of the game. Play JP!!! He isn't really learning a lot sitting on the bench. I just don't understand this team right now. It just seems to me that the players are running this team and not the coach. And the GM is a joke. I feel bad for everyone who payed over $240 for DirecTV's football package.

That's the problem. The players are running the team and not Mularkey. This guy is a joke.

To think we passed on the likes of Lewis, Fox, Weis and Lovie Smith over the years because they weren't "yes" men for Donahoe.

Gregg Williams was even a better HC then this garbage we have in Mularkey. At least Williams didn't let the players dictate who was playing. Mularkey isn't doing anymore with twice the talent then Williams had.

GW will get another HC job after working with Gibbs and doing a great job and I think he has a good chance to succeed next time. We had a garbage of a team when he was here. Mularkey has all the tools needed to win and he can't even field a better team then Williams did. That is sad.

Bufftp
11-03-2005, 11:09 AM
When inmates run the asylum the problems have just begun!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Mularkeys days as a head coach are numbered.<o:p></o:p>

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
When inmates run the asylum the problems have just begun!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Mularkeys days as a head coach are numbered.<o:p></o:p>

We can only :pray:

Michael82
11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
How about everybody who shelled out $370 plus....for season tickets?

How about people who are shelling out over $550 for a trip to see the San Diego Chargers run all over our Bills? :sigh:

DMBcrew36
11-03-2005, 11:39 AM
yea i paid well over $430 for my season ticket

BillsFever21
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
How about everybody who shelled out $370 plus....for season tickets?

How about people who are shelling out over $550 for a trip to see the San Diego Chargers run all over our Bills? :sigh:

I shelled out 1k a year for 4 straight years between purchasing a pair of tickets and the money spent up there every week.

I almost fell for doing again this year and using all my vacation days just to get the Sunday's off to come to the games. I'm glad I didn't waste my money again this year. That $1,000 I saved from wasting on tickets bought myself 5 new suits for work which I wouldn't have had the money to get had I wasted them on a junk team with no positives for the future.

X-Era
11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Holcomb will start after the bye.

Yesterday's news was focused upon the fact the team supports him and today's focuses on the announcement that Holcomb WILL start.

Personally I would have been more comfortable if Holcomb was able to drive the team down field with the winning score in Sunday's game.

Hopefully, we will wake up as an organization after another loss. I predicted the Bills would do this, they are only screwing themselves. The vets need to shut up and continue to play mediocre....which gives them what right to complain again?

Whatever, we still are a week away at least from hearing the final decision, but all signs point to another wasted game with Holcomb. I like him, dont get me wrong, but he is nothing more that a match in a hurricane in Alaska as far as a "spark" goes.

lordofgun
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM
OMG.

Italian Stallion
11-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Why would guys like Moulds, Adams, Vincent, Milloy, and Fletcher give a **** about the future of this team? They wont be around to see it, unless they themselves waste money on a direct TV package or season tickets!!!!

All these guys care about now at this point in their careers is numbers....in the stat sense and the WALLET sense. Moulds and Adams are absolutly gone after the year, they're just trying to pad their bank account further by being able to show off spectacular stats at the negotiating table

Italian Stallion
11-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Hence the reason why chunky butt #95 goes offsides alot now.....needs to cheat to try and get some sacks for the stats, as he can't cut it anymore.

I know for a fact he's been offsides way more than they've called it.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Way to show support to your team and to the teams starting QB, losers.:coocoo:

The future is now.

Jan Reimers
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
The future is now.
Yeah, baby, the 5-11, no playoff, bland, boring, putrid future is right here, right now. I'd rather be damn near ANYWHERE else.

Novacane
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
The future is now.

You are such a hypocrite. You were not supportive of the teams starting QB when it was Losman.

Devin
11-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Christ.

Thats really unfortunate. Cant wait til we get someone with backbone in here.

justasportsfan
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Gregg Williams was even a better HC then this garbage we have in Mularkey. At least Williams didn't let the players dictate who was playing. Mularkey isn't doing anymore with twice the talent then Williams had.

.you're kidding right? GW didn't have the balls and knowledge to put Gilbride in his place.

finsrclowns
11-03-2005, 02:51 PM
That's the problem. The players are running the team and not Mularkey. This guy is a joke.

To think we passed on the likes of Lewis, Fox, Weis and Lovie Smith over the years because they weren't "yes" men for Donahoe.

GW will get another HC job after working with Gibbs and doing a great job and I think he has a good chance to succeed next time. We had a garbage of a team when he was here. Mularkey has all the tools needed to win and he can't even field a better team then Williams did. That is sad.

No.

justasportsfan
11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Why would guys like Moulds, Adams, Vincent, Milloy, and Fletcher give a **** about the future of this team? They wont be around to see it, unless they themselves waste money on a direct TV package or season tickets!!!!
All these guys care about now at this point in their careers is numbers....in the stat sense and the WALLET sense. Moulds and Adams are absolutly gone after the year, they're just trying to pad their bank account further by being able to show off spectacular stats at the negotiating tableyou are way off. You'd be complaining if they decided to play like Rob Johnson.They believe they can win and then still get blasted for doing so?

Why is Moulds getting the heat because he is the spokesperson of the vets as he should be since he's been on this team longer than anyone has. If he is asked by media, he will answer them based on the consensous of the team. It's not like he calls for a conference on his own. he's not TO.

Moulds is not the problem. He's been the best bill since Jim Kelly. He's taken less to stay w/ the team and you guys easily forget that. He takes time to help the other players on this team develop in the off season even if he doesn't have to. You guys are pointing your finger at the wrong people. Moulds is not in charge of hiring coaches and players. He just does his best.

You want to call him overpaid? No one was complaining when he signed that contract as a matter of fact everyone was praising him for doing so.

You want to blame vets for their wanting to win? Blame TD. If he didn't make dumba$$ major decisions, this team wouldn't be in the situation they are in now.

Maybe we should hire players that give up on the season at the first sign of trouble .

The future will take care of itself based on what you do today.

lordofgun
11-03-2005, 03:18 PM
You are such a hypocrite. You were not supportive of the teams starting QB when it was Losman.
Or RJ.

Can't blame him too much there though. :D

im4bflo
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Eric likes a QB that'll throw him the ball, even if it costs us the game.

Turf
11-03-2005, 08:56 PM
It was either that or throw to a five and a half foot rookie in double coverage. Rather than play conventional football and take advantage of the Pats depleted secondary as they were able to do all game, the coaching staff tries to outsmart Bellicheck and puts Holcomb in a critical play where he has no chance at picking up the first down.

I agree with this.
If Big Ben had been drafted by us, he would have had no success as of yet. This coaching staff and the ones before it have proven they can't develop any offense. We've gotten lucky with defensive coaches, but we can't seem to bring in an offensive minded person that knows what they're doing.

don137
11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
A couple things seems apparent. One, which has been stated. Mularkey has let the players take over this team. They are fooling themselves if they think they can make another run for a playoff spot like last year. Moulds wants Holcomb to play because he thinks his numbers will be better with Holcomb and wants to make sure they look good after he is a salary cap casualty this off season.
Two, Holcomb is not a winner. He will post decent stats and have a decent QB rating like RJ but he can't throw the long ball. He wimps out and hits his check-down receiver way too much. This only helps his stats but does not help put a "W" in the win column.

JD
11-04-2005, 01:45 AM
It's because players like Moulds who only have a short time left on their contracts know they wont get a ring with Losman. Their only hope is Holcomb and their running with it, but quite blindly.

:king:

Throne Logic
11-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Nice job! I'm glad the veterans are willing to throw away the future and delay the inevitable. :puke:

What exactly, are they delaying? A loss is a loss.

The_Philster
11-04-2005, 04:56 AM
What exactly, are they delaying? A loss is a loss.
delay that we're gonna have to put JP back in there sometime

Michael82
11-04-2005, 06:24 AM
delay that we're gonna have to put JP back in there sometime
EXACTLY!

BillsFever21
11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
you're kidding right? GW didn't have the balls and knowledge to put Gilbride in his place.

Did you talk to GW, Gilbride or Donahoe to get this information or is that your opinion? Can you invite me to lunch with them sometime too?

What more success have we had under more talent in the Mularkey era then we did with Williams?

And if it's true what you say about GW then it must be the same with Mularkey and Clements. Clements is making boneheaded calls but I guess Mularkey isn't putting him in his place either.

Saying Williams was better doesn't mean he was a good coach. It just means Mularkey is that bad.

Williams got some good FA's to come to Buffalo to play for him. Who has Mularkey recruited? Kelly Holcomb and Bennie Anderson? Yay.

djjimkelly
11-04-2005, 08:45 AM
well only one positive can come of this hopefully we run off a few losses in a row now to get a real clean ing of our house starting with donohoe then everything else will change

justasportsfan
11-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Did you talk to GW, Gilbride or Donahoe to get this information or is that your opinion? Can you invite me to lunch with them sometime too?

What more success have we had under more talent in the Mularkey era then we did with Williams?

And if it's true what you say about GW then it must be the same with Mularkey and Clements. Clements is making boneheaded calls but I guess Mularkey isn't putting him in his place either.

Saying Williams was better doesn't mean he was a good coach. It just means Mularkey is that bad.

Williams got some good FA's to come to Buffalo to play for him. Who has Mularkey recruited? Kelly Holcomb and Bennie Anderson? Yay.I got my info from the very same source you got this ....

.Maybe you should buy me lunch.

GW got good players because TD was able to clear some cap. We didn't have much to work w/ this year.
Mularkey does not have to put Clements is his place because he himself also calls plays on the offensive side on gameday while GW didn't. Why does GW get all the credit for hiring players anyways? Didn't TD have a hand in that?

You are also comparing MM to GW even though GW has had 3 years w/ us and MM has 1 1/2.

Punt the ball from 35 yds. That's GW. I see MM telling Lindell to go for it from 50. See the difference?

relentless
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
after we lose to KC... we should see Losman. :peace:

Philagape
11-05-2005, 08:03 AM
All these guys care about now at this point in their careers is numbers....in the stat sense and the WALLET sense. Moulds and Adams are absolutly gone after the year, they're just trying to pad their bank account further by being able to show off spectacular stats at the negotiating table

Most plausible explanation

Michael82
11-05-2005, 10:45 AM
after we lose to KC... we should see Losman. :peace:
I hate the way you put that. :(