5. DL Warren Sapp, Oakland Raiders

4. WR Charles Rogers, Detroit Lions

3. K Mike Vanderjagt, Indianapolis Colts

2. CB Charles Woodson, Oakland Raiders

1. Houston Texans Offensive Line

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5002168?GT1=7409

OpIv37
11-03-2005, 11:27 AM
How did Mike Williams at 9 mil a season not make that list?

Michael82
11-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Why didn't Eric Moulds make that list? :ill:

OpIv37
11-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Why didn't Eric Moulds make that list? :ill:
don't worry- if we keep him, he's a shoo in next year.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 11:40 AM
don't worry- if we keep him, he's a shoo in next year.
And he can whine and cry like a little baby until Kelly Holcomb gets the starting nod again. :sigh:

:puke:

Stewie
11-03-2005, 12:45 PM

Because the writer works for footballoutsiders.com and all their analysis is stat-based. Since they're no reliable stats for OL, they get ignored.

He includes the texan's OL because all the stats become relevant when you consider them as a group (total sacks allowed, etc.)

eyedog
11-03-2005, 02:15 PM

You have to play more than every other game or you won't get noticed for how much you really suck.

justasportsfan
11-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Are we still paying Teague LT money?

Lexwhat
11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
People need to take a look at that list. If anyone thinks Eric Moulds belongs anywhere on that list, then you a hater. Take a look at Charles Rogers. The man has been in the league for what is now his 3rd season. He has played only EIGHT GAMES his whole CAREER.

People are mad that Mike Williams is a "bust." Charles Rogers is the true definition of a bust, he was the #2 overall pick in the 2003 draft. His signing bonus was pretty nice (Over $5 million).

If you want to make a list for most overpaid players on our team, then include Williams and Moulds. But for the top 10 in the entire NFL?? Get real. For our players only, I would also include Trey Teague, Chris Villarial (they dont perform well enough, IMO, especially at the goal-line), Troy Vincent, Bennie Anderson, and Jeff Posey. To be honest though, I'm not 100% sure what their actual salaries are this year, but I don't think they perform at a high enough level.

You could make an argument that some are slightly underpaid for this year (compared to the average salary for that position and the skills of that average player): Willis McGahee, Mike Gandy, Nate Clements.

I guess that's how it works. Some overpaid, some underpaid.

AndreReed83
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
After the humungous contract he signed and the fact he sucked it up very badly this year even BEFORE he got hurt for the rest of the season. Duante Culpepper easily makes my list.

Lexwhat
11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
After the humungous contract he signed and the fact he sucked it up very badly this year even BEFORE he got hurt for the rest of the season. Duante Culpepper easily makes my list.

Forgot about him. What about players like Jonas Jennings and Jamal Lewis? At least so far this year, Jamal is having a bad year. I think he recently signed a new contract too.

Also:
Kyle Boller
Ray Lewis? (I hear he's getting soft, but don't know if its true).
Joey Harrington
Rex Grossman (Who gets injured more than him?)
Kellen Winslow Jr.

AndreReed83
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Jamal is actually in a contract year, and will be a free agent after this season.

Lexwhat
11-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh okay, I stand corrected! Well I guess that means that Jamal Lewis won't be getting any big pay days, regardless of who's team he is on next year. Besides the fact that he is a running back, he's also fresh outta jail.

mysticsoto
11-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Are we still paying Teague LT money?

Oline breakdown:

Gandy is making close to $1 million
Bennie Anderson just over $1 million
T. Teague around $3.5 million
Chris Villarial is making close to $3 million
Mike Williams close to $8.5 million

Backups:

J. Peters: Just over $300,000
G. Jerman: Just over $450,000
J. Geisinger: almost $250,000
D. Preston: about $300,000

I'm okay with Teague and CV at what they are getting paid...considering the left side is so cheap for us (we just need to get them to be more consistent every game in playing). MW is the only anomaly that we need to take care of. J peters may be starting next year at his cheap price...and Duke may be playing center. With any savings we have from a MW restructure and/or releasing Teague, we can probably bring in new talent for the Oline next year and/or better backups...

BuffaloRanger
11-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Mystico, the Oline is fine. Look at how good McGahee is doing. Don't think about how great he could actually be if the line was dominant. Don't look at the poor pass protection. McNally can mold anyone. I'm looking at a couple Bouncers from Chippewa for nest season.

~ Tom Donahoe, smoking pot

Stewie
11-04-2005, 10:14 AM
People are mad that Mike Williams is a "bust." Charles Rogers is the true definition of a bust, he was the #2 overall pick in the 2003 draft. His signing bonus was pretty nice (Over $5 million).

$14 million guaranteed money. 8 games played so far.

That seems like a good investment to me. :coocoo:

gr8slayer
11-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Where's Eric Moulds?

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
what about Mike Williams? He is stealing from the Bills right now

Lexwhat
11-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Where's Eric Moulds?

:rolleyes:

Bill Brasky
11-04-2005, 05:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5002168?GT1=7409

Any reason why Kellen "I haven't even played 3 games in my entire career yet I'm draining Cleveland's pocketbook" Winslow isn't on there?

Lexwhat
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Any reason why Kellen "I haven't even played 3 games in my entire career yet I'm draining Cleveland's pocketbook" Winslow isn't on there?

I put him on my list.