PDA

View Full Version : Derek Roy And Jason Pomingville Called Up, Miller to Have Surgery.

SkateZilla
11-03-2005, 03:45 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=1196

Sabres Call Up New Blood. Regier Talks Trade
Paul Hamilton - Thursday, November 3, 2005 - 3:18 PM

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550)- Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller will have thumb surgery tomorrow and miss six to eight weeks. Lindy Ruff says the puck hit Miller's thumb under his blocker where a pad was taken out. Under the new NHL rules, the blocker was made smaller.

Miller was put on the injured list along with defenseman Toni Lydman with a groin problem. Derek Roy was called up from Rochester along with Jason Pominville. Roy scored 7 goals and 13 assists in just 8 games with the Amerks.

This Is Good Because Roy ANd Pomi Know The Way Vanek Plays So they Should know how to set him up,

ROFLMAO, Afinigenov is "UNHAPPY" playing with Connolly.. hahahahaha...

Myers57
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
yea get that dumba-s connolly off my line b-tches!!!

JD
11-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Vanek-Roy-Pomi
:drool:

buffalofan19
11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Vanek-Roy-Pomi
:drool:

I can agree with that, BUT ONLY if McKee and/or Kalinin are on the ice with them at all times. They can definitely produce offense together, but if the opposition gets the puck in the Sabres' zone, LOOK OUT. All three of those guys are downright awful on defense. It's pretty scary.

Michael82
11-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Great, so our Amerks lost 3 of their top scorers... :sigh:

Derek Roy, Jason Pominville, and captain Chris Taylor (injured and out a while).

There goes our offense. :(

hammerbillsfan
11-03-2005, 11:42 PM

Derek Roy, Jason Pominville, and captain Chris Taylor (injured and out a while).

Go Bulldogs Go! (Hamilton BTW)

buffalofan19
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM

No offense, Mikey, but I'm a Sabres fan first, Amerks second. If they have to rob Rochester in order for Buffalo to win games, I'm over it. That sucks about Chris Taylor though. That guy works hard.

Michael82
11-04-2005, 02:18 AM
No offense, Mikey, but I'm a Sabres fan first, Amerks second. If they have to rob Rochester in order for Buffalo to win games, I'm over it. That sucks about Chris Taylor though. That guy works hard.
It's no problem. I'm a Sabres fan too, but I live in Rochester, so I'm an Amerks fan a bit more. :up:

Yeah I feel bad for Taylor. He is a fan favorite and the captain, plus a damn good player. :( But apparently he had to have immediate surgery on his thigh, after playing with a deep thigh bruise and making it worse. :(

Michael82
11-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Go Bulldogs Go! (Hamilton BTW)
:mad: