PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans are crazy!

tdotbillsfan
11-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Im a bills fan that lives in Toronto. Now up here im considered a pretty big bills fan, and get hated on alot from others. But i guess i will never know the feeling of being a bills fan from buffalo, but i must say that you ppl are the biggest haters ive ever seen! If its not talking about the superbowl in pre-season, and saying how crappy they are in the regular season. There are people on this site that consider themselfs "die hard" fans. If a die hard fan is someone that turns there back on a team at the drop of a hat then i dont want to be a die hard. I know that the bills are the pride and joy of buffalo but jeez ppl do you ever sit back and listen to what you say? "bills are ****, bills suck, bills need this cause they suck" SHUT THE HELL UP!!! I used to come to this site and read the threads and articals because they would be interesting, but now the threads are a joke and this site is full with banwagon jumpers. Currently according to most of you the bills suck, but if the pats lose and we win after our by-week and tie them in first, were great again.
Get a grip and smarten up. It makes me sick
take care

bills&sabresmvf
11-04-2005, 01:04 PM
You're absolutly right man...puts it in perspective. I sort of guided myself away from this site since all the bashing. I too did my share, but now I look at it. I remember going to this site all the time because of the hope they put in this team, now I can't find them anymore. Good Post!

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Im a bills fan that lives in Toronto. Now up here im considered a pretty big bills fan, and get hated on alot from others. But i guess i will never know the feeling of being a bills fan from buffalo, but i must say that you ppl are the biggest haters ive ever seen! If its not talking about the superbowl in pre-season, and saying how crappy they are in the regular season. There are people on this site that consider themselfs "die hard" fans. If a die hard fan is someone that turns there back on a team at the drop of a hat then i dont want to be a die hard. I know that the bills are the pride and joy of buffalo but jeez ppl do you ever sit back and listen to what you say? "bills are ****, bills suck, bills need this cause they suck" SHUT THE HELL UP!!! I used to come to this site and read the threads and articals because they would be interesting, but now the threads are a joke and this site is full with banwagon jumpers. Currently according to most of you the bills suck, but if the pats lose and we win after our by-week and tie them in first, were great again.
take care

:bf1:

OpIv37
11-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Oh I see- so if we don't recognize that this team has flaws, we're not "die hard" fans? I could give you a million examples of how I'm a "die hard" fan but there's no point. Why does recognizing the truth mean we're turning our back on the team?

I never said I wasn't going to watch the games. I never said I wasn't going to root for the team. The fact is that this team has serious ****ing issues. Until we acknowledge it, nothing will change. You can't tell me you're happy with 3-5. You can't tell me you're happy with losses to the pathetic Saints and Raiders. You can't tell me you're happy with squandering our best chance to beat NE since 2003.

You need to look at what's on the field. Go back and read my preseason posts- I mentioned the O line and D line as problems then, and the truth is they're both worse than I thought they'd be and have shown no signs of improvement. The D is horrid, there are constant coaching mistakes. What makes you think these things are magically going to change? Yes, mathematically we're still in the playoff race, but so is the entire AFC except Houston.

You're just a homer who is too caught up in the team to see the flaws. You're going to be very disappointed.

bills&sabresmvf
11-04-2005, 01:11 PM
dude, every one of your posts have been criticizing everyone. Listen I'm a die hard Bills fan, so much that I pushed myself int ogetting a job at a tv station at age 18, which I've been working at for 5 years so I could cover the Bills personally. You have to look at both sides. I just said in my post that I critcize because I'm die-hard, but take a look at what he said. He's right. He's just making a point we should accept, that's what makes you a good fan, able to accept all angles. Come on bro...

bills&sabresmvf
11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
He wasn't talking about everyone, either

OpIv37
11-04-2005, 01:15 PM
dude, every one of your posts have been criticizing everyone. Listen I'm a die hard Bills fan, so much that I pushed myself int ogetting a job at a tv station at age 18, which I've been working at for 5 years so I could cover the Bills personally. You have to look at both sides. I just said in my post that I critcize because I'm die-hard, but take a look at what he said. He's right. He's just making a point we should accept, that's what makes you a good fan, able to accept all angles. Come on bro...

if someone deserves criticism, what's wrong with doing it? Right now, the only players on this team that have been pulling their weight are McGahee, Moorman, and maybe Lindell (his FGs have been good, his kickoffs have sucked). Somebody else on this team needs to step up, and until they do the cricitism is deserved.

bills&sabresmvf
11-04-2005, 01:15 PM
I like your persistance...I'll give you that

OpIv37
11-04-2005, 01:19 PM
you know, if people don't agree with my grim assessment of the team, that's their right. I don't understand it, but this is America and people can think what they wish.

My problem is when people say that fans are bandwagon jumpers or aren't real fans because they're critical of the team. I still do all the things I do when we're winning- watch all the games, go to a few, wear Bills merch, etc. The fan part of me hasn't changed a bit- I'm just pissed about what's happening on the field and I'm not afraid to call the team out on it (not that they actually listen to me, but it makes me feel better).

tdotbillsfan
well i am pleasently surprised with the good responds that i got, i thought forsure that i would have been kicked off this site lol jks. But to respond to OpIv, i do know the problems with the team and i am well aware of the missed oppourtunities that we had. We should be 5-3 not 3-5. But my point is not too give up on a team so quickly. Now im not saying that this is you but, just because some one has spent 10000 dollars on bills merchendise and watches every single game doesnt make them a true fan. If you go to games expecting lose, and ready to annouce every mistake made, followed by a chant of "holcome sucks" or "bills suck" your not a good fan, and barely a decent fan! Like i said i used to come to this site for good threads and articals but now its just a joke. Other then the threads that are taken directly from news sources i.e foxs or nfl.com, every original thread is a "WE SUCK" thread. my point is to just chill out!

THATHURMANATOR
Oh I see- so if we don't recognize that this team has flaws, we're not "die hard" fans? I could give you a million examples of how I'm a "die hard" fan but there's no point. Why does recognizing the truth mean we're turning our back on the team?

I never said I wasn't going to watch the games. I never said I wasn't going to root for the team. The fact is that this team has serious ****ing issues. Until we acknowledge it, nothing will change. You can't tell me you're happy with 3-5. You can't tell me you're happy with losses to the pathetic Saints and Raiders. You can't tell me you're happy with squandering our best chance to beat NE since 2003.

You need to look at what's on the field. Go back and read my preseason posts- I mentioned the O line and D line as problems then, and the truth is they're both worse than I thought they'd be and have shown no signs of improvement. The D is horrid, there are constant coaching mistakes. What makes you think these things are magically going to change? Yes, mathematically we're still in the playoff race, but so is the entire AFC except Houston.

You're just a homer who is too caught up in the team to see the flaws. You're going to be very disappointed.

Op don't fly off the handle man! Obviously we need to be objective, but in general it seems the feelings of the majority of fans changes daily. It annoys me. JP was the savior after week one after week three he is labled and a 1st round bust by many???? Come on...

OpIv37
11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Op don't fly off the handle man! Obviously we need to be objective, but in general it seems the feelings of the majority of fans changes daily. It annoys me. JP was the savior after week one after week three he is labled and a 1st round bust by many???? Come on...

yeah that's a little extreme- some people are too moody. For the record I never said either one about JP- 4 games simply isn't enough time to make that kind of judgement.

But I still say we're wasting our time by not playing JP to find out.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I would agree with you on the JP issue but I guess I can't fault Mularky for staying with Holcomb when we are only a game and a half out of first and his job is on the line. Coaches don't have the luxury of looking to the future as much in the NFL today.

tdotbillsfan
11-04-2005, 01:28 PM
the players that are playing well are (IMO) willis, nate clements, shaud williams, schoble, Troy vincent, KELLY HOLCOME (look at his stats), mcgee and many more. Holcome can only do what he is told to do so we cant blame him. and opiv your right this is america (although i live in canada lol) and people have the right to think what they want, but be a little positive during these tuff times! Im sure that if we started this season 5-3 or 6-2 you would not have posted any type of critical thread on this site..

lordofgun
11-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Who's more die-hard:

- The fan who cheers and supports the team no matter what the team does.
- The fan who doesn't settle for anything less than excellence.

I'd submit that the former just doesn't care as much about winning.

LtBillsFan66
11-04-2005, 01:35 PM
take care
I agree with you.

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Who's more die-hard:

I don't even think this is what he meant. I think he is talking about how Bills fans change their minds constantly.

RedEyE
11-04-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't really see any so called fans on this site that prefer to hate at the drop of a hat. What I do see is some very informative and well tuned fans that have realized the team they've devoted a lot of their free time to is crumbling before their very eyes.......again. This isn't a news flash. This team is crumbling....again. To point out the teams weakenesses, to complain about coaching and office staff choices, and to still watch the games through thick and thin is a true hardcore fan. If you think that your suppose to just smile and take loss after loss up the ass, then you're nuts. True fans express their feelings about their teams performance week to week, season to season. I don't recall reading anything that says they are quiting the 12th man position. What I do recall seeing is the people on this board getting together at every possible chance. Tailgating, flying out of town to see games miles aways, supporting an excellent website that envelops one of the biggest things they enjoy......and YES, offering their opinions on how well things are going........................... or how well they're not.

footballhottie
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
true dat...I'm ****ing out of my mind

THATHURMANATOR
11-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't really see any so called fans on this site that prefer to hate at the drop of a hat. What I do see is some very informative and well tuned fans that have realized the team they've devoted a lot of their free time to is crumbling before their very eyes.......again. This isn't a news flash. This team is crumbling....again. To point out the teams weakenesses, to complain about coaching and office staff choices, and to still watch the games through thick and thin is a true hardcore fan. If you think that your suppose to just smile and take loss after loss up the ass, then you're nuts. True fans express their feelings about their teams performance week to week, season to season. I don't recall reading anything that says they are quiting the 12th man position. What I do recall seeing is the people on this board getting together at every possible chance. Tailgating, flying out of town to see games miles aways from, supporting an excellent website that supposrts one of the biggest things they enjoy......and YES, offering their opinions on how well things are going, or how well they're not.
Agreed!

tdotbillsfan
11-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Who's more die-hard:

It has nothing to do with who is more die hard, but to tell you the truth i am both of those. I want the best for this team but that doesnt mean that i will bash them as soon as they slip up like most billzone members do. Now there is room to suggest things but to come out and say with out any disregard "THE BILLS SUCK" is unacceptable. Wanting the best out of a team and bashing is 2 totally different things. For example, JP was not playing well, so Kelly comes in and is doing a pretty good job, the loses are NOT his fault, but some people bash him due to there allience with JP. JP will get his time and if the bills are in a bad spot near the end of the year then he will play, but as of now Kelly is the way to go. Many of you ppl consider yourself "die hard" but let me ask you something. Would you rather play Kelly and maybe get in the playoffs regardless if we were to lose first round or not, or play JP and not go anywhere this year? i would rather see the playoffs........

THATHURMANATOR
true dat...I'm ****ing out of my mind
watch your mouth please.

OpIv37
the players that are playing well are (IMO) willis, nate clements, shaud williams, schoble, Troy vincent, KELLY HOLCOME (look at his stats), mcgee and many more. Holcome can only do what he is told to do so we cant blame him. and opiv your right this is america (although i live in canada lol) and people have the right to think what they want, but be a little positive during these tuff times! Im sure that if we started this season 5-3 or 6-2 you would not have posted any type of critical thread on this site..

I certainly wouldn't be nearly as critical, but if a player isn't pulling his weight I'd call him out even if we were winning. It's a team game but there are situations where one play can win or lose a game, and I'd hate to see a struggling player put in that situation.

RedEyE
11-04-2005, 01:46 PM

If this team was currently 6-2, there would be no reason to be critical. But were not. The reality is that we are half way through the season and milking a losing record......again.

As a true fan, how do you find this acceptable?

ParanoidAndroid
11-04-2005, 02:12 PM
The first question I have, is: How long have you been a fan? If you have been a fan since the early 80's or before, you might understand the frustration that Bills fans feel. Many of us are tired of being the laughing stock of the league. Even when we went to the superbowl four years in a row, and lost all four, we were ridiculed.
Bills fans will be the nastiest, most unforgivable fans in the NFL until we finally have a Lombardi. We were 3 or four wins short of being called the greatest team ever.
If any of us are Sabres fans, the frustration is compounded.
I am definately a die hard fan, and I will always be.
I am the type of fan who likes to look at the bright side of everything and keep a positive attitude. Sometimes that is more difficult than others.
Different fans have different ways of expressing themselves here, but I would not question the quality of fan they are simply because they post in anger and frustration about the failures that consistently break their spirit, week after week.
I understand where you are coming from because I get tired of the negativity sometimes and I recently called some folks out. What I would never do, is question their loyalty to the Buffalo Bills.

The Outsider
11-04-2005, 02:15 PM
take care

listen up homeboy....a die hard fan is somebody who's fed up with the mediorcrity year after year.....a die hard fan is somebody who refuses to digest the propaganda that flows like wine from one bills drive.....a die hard fan is sick of the excuses....sick of the unispired play...sick of bad drafting...sick of clueless coaching...sick of being a national joke in the media...

the bottom line is the outsider's eyes are open....the koolaid is dried up and the homerism has been laid to rest! You are either on the outsider's team or you are an enemy....you choose your side and run with it playa!

Voltron
11-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I was recently asked if I am a masochist because I am such a Die Hard Bills fan, Astros Fan, and Red Sox fan. :lol:

footballhottie
11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm a die hard fan...

tdotbillsfan
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
listen up homeboy....a die hard fan is somebody who's fed up with the mediorcrity year after year.....a die hard fan is somebody who refuses to digest the propaganda that flows like wine from one bills drive.....a die hard fan is sick of the excuses....sick of the unispired play...sick of bad drafting...sick of clueless coaching...sick of being a national joke in the media...

the bottom line is the outsider's eyes are open....the koolaid is dried up and the homerism has been laid to rest! You are either on the outsider's team or you are an enemy....you choose your side and run with it playa!

Well dog....lol.....you have been watching too much wwe smackdown hahah........ and you have to take the good with the bad. Being the type of person that kills the bills players and management for bad drafting, playcalling, ect.. wont make them any better, but keeping a positive attitude will give us (meaning bills fans and the team in whole) a great attitude around the league. Now andyxc71, you have a point. You have been a longer fan of the bills then I prob because your older i assume, im 22, and i started to watch the bills mid way through the 2nd superbowl year, but would say that i because a serious fan 1995-96. I understand the frustration of because a fan of a team with bad management because i am a leaf fan, but when everyone was dogging the leafs for picking up lindros and allison this year i didnnt say a peep, but other people were saying that they were dumb. IMO it worked out pretty good. Now for the bills, we got a nice core of youngsters to work around, JP, Willis, Evens, roscoe, Reed (when he wants to be, Nate....and so on. Busting on the bills at every possible chance doesnt help nothing and just adds to a negative team attitude that already exists around the league towards the bills. Bills fans are known around the league as GREAT fans but also idiots, just because of the way we talk. The people in management are there for a reason, they know what they are doing. TD looks smart for taking a chance drafting willis does he not? and the bills looked smart drafting thurman back in the day considering he had a bad injury as well before his draft. We as bills fans have to relize that our day will come, weve had good teams, miami and the jets more often then not put out really good teams, and the pats were a joke before the past 7 years or so. and look at the bucs. The team that invented losing has got a ring. So our day will come. Im not here to pass judgement at ppl on this site, im just saying we need to cool it down and get a grip. Buffalo is a great city with good people and a strong following. keep up the positive attitude and good things will happen. But by nagging on the bills for a bad pass or stupid play wont get you anywhere.
I for one an sick of hearing "Bills this, and bills that" threads. Dont tell me that the season is over. Dont tell me that the bills suck, dont tell me that MM and TD are stupid. By telling me that they suck and blah blah blah makes me not want to visit this site and enjoy the good threads and articles.
like i said lets all get a grip and support instead of bash.
thank you

kevinj22
11-04-2005, 04:19 PM

You're just a homer who is too caught up in the team to see the flaws. You're going to be very disappointed. I think that you missed the point completely. What he is saying is that as "die hards" we don't turn our back on the team every time there is a bump in the road. I definitely consider myself a "die hard fan" living in Long Island NY where Bills fans are very scarce, but I never turn my back on the team or say that they suck. I do look at the product that is on the field and I search for positives, and try not to dwell on the negatives. Go JP!!!

illusionone
11-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I agree with you 100%. I used to post on this site all the time. Now I log in every once in a while to see if things have changed, but they really haven't. I have nothing against fans that adress the issues on their favorite team, but the arguing, DLC, JPL and Amigo's etc. . . for me really takes away from the Bills experience. I've said it before, the fans seperation (Bledsoe/JP, JP/ KH, Flutie/ RJ) is a clear indication of why Bills fans are the laughing stock of the NFL. If fans were to post their serious concerns, and have an adult conversations the experience would be so much better.

All of that being said, When you love a team/game so much, it's hard to take the emtion out of the post.

Anyway - my two cents - for what it's worth.

also, I think that KH is better than JP, but IMO the season is lost and it would better JP and the Bills (next year) to put JP in and get him real time experience.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

take care

tdotbillsfan
11-04-2005, 06:17 PM
I agree with everything kevinj22 and illusionone have just said, along with everything that has been said in this thread (minus afew things from ppl that got confused with what i said) but i really think that the bills have a shot at the division! look we can win some of the tuff games we have coming up! i reallythink that we can beat the fish and the jets again along with the pats in buff!! look guys the season isnt over, hopfully this by week will get us healthy and turn things around for us! i think that a 9-7 record this year can possible win us the division. But only time will tell............<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1227878", true); </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1227817", true); </SCRIPT>

Luisito23
11-05-2005, 08:31 AM
:blowup:
This post is fire.......

Stupid Losses hurt period....
No 1 likes it, and when it get's repetitive throught the years, then everybody hates it no matter what you say...
Until this team address the real problems (coaching, front office, O and D line) then nothing will change....
Year after year is the same song, might be a remix here and there but it still sings lost......

Never gonna stop loving and supporting Buffalo, but when the F:rage: are we gonna start winning???........

PS..can someone tell me how to get rid of this Holcomb crap...
I'm really dissapoined in him and I'll leave it like that...
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
11-05-2005, 08:34 AM
PS..can someone tell me how to get rid of this Holcomb crap...
I'm really dissapoined in him and I'll leave it like that...
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Luisito23
11-05-2005, 08:38 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Thanks alot doggy....
:peace: .......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

RedEyE
11-05-2005, 09:00 AM
... and have an adult conversations the experience would be so much better.

Your such a top quoting poopy-face :tongue:

JD
11-06-2005, 07:36 AM
I agree with you 100%. I used to post on this site all the time. Now I log in every once in a while to see if things have changed, but they really haven't. I have nothing against fans that adress the issues on their favorite team, but the arguing, DLC, JPL and Amigo's etc. . . for me really takes away from the Bills experience. I've said it before, the fans seperation (Bledsoe/JP, JP/ KH, Flutie/ RJ) is a clear indication of why Bills fans are the laughing stock of the NFL. If fans were to post their serious concerns, and have an adult conversations the experience would be so much better.
All of that being said, When you love a team/game so much, it's hard to take the emtion out of the post.
Anyway - my two cents - for what it's worth.
also, I think that KH is better than JP, but IMO the season is lost and it would better JP and the Bills (next year) to put JP in and get him real time experience.
:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:
Why settle and be content with a team that cannot be consistent, win on the road...or beat a team with a record over .500?? We are so critical of the team because we accept nothing less than a solid win. Sorry, after 4 straight super bowl losses..what the hell did you expect?

You don't see any other teams fans as critical as us Bills Fans, but I think we have a pretty damn good reason.

Novacane
11-06-2005, 07:59 AM
This thread sucks. If we were bandwagon fans we would not even bother posting on this board. The Bills do suck. If you don't see that then you're just a blind homer

BillsFever21
11-06-2005, 08:46 AM
There is no such thing as how this thread states being a diehard or being unfaithful to the team.

There are homers and there are realist. Some are homers who think we can do no wrong and always have a chance. Some are realist who accept the fact that we're not very good and speak up about it.

Voltron
11-07-2005, 11:50 PM
There is no such thing as how this thread states being a diehard or being unfaithful to the team.

There are homers and there are realist. Some are homers who think we can do no wrong and always have a chance. Some are realist who accept the fact that we're not very good and speak up about it.
says the guy who was so drunk he couldn't make it to the Jets game :snicker: