PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Winter

finsrclowns
11-04-2005, 01:48 PM
*I read on another board (sorry no link) that TD said after the NE game that Sam Adams didn't appear to be in our plans after this year. I find it hard to believe he would say this even if he felt that way halfway through the season so I am moving one step closer to the ledge.

*The thing is, yeah he's getting old, and yeah he jumps offsides too much, but IMO with Spikes out, Sam is the best player on our D right now other than Clements. So if Sam's out next year it strikes me that we could be talking about full scale rebuilding mode. Our remaining tackles range from injury prone to garbage. If so, I'm sorry but TD doesn't get another few year mulligan to rebuild. I've been pretty supportive of him up to this point but you don't have to get hit in the face by a skunk twice to know that it stinks. Just going over the roster of guys that will be FA's at year end, aging vets, under performers and unknowns, Buffalo could look like the inside of a mushroom cloud come year end. It's truly scary. Maybe Clump could post on this thread the names of potential FA's after this year.

The premise of this thread is that at year end the team gets blown up including management and coaches. Not saying that will be the case but it is a distinct possibility. Please discuss the potential turnover of players listing them in the following categories: FA's we want to keep and will, FA's we want to keep and won't, FA's we don't want to keep, Aging vets we should try to trade. It seems like the list could be quite long. Pardon me I've gotta go stick my head in the oven.

LtBillsFan66
11-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Sam said it himself. Not TD.

OpIv37
11-04-2005, 01:52 PM
if that's true it's a moronic thing to say cuz Sam will give up on the field. He's already had his struggles.

McGahee420
11-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I think TD is not in our plans anymore

Mitchy moo
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
I think TD is not in our plans anymore

Let's just cross our fingers on that.

Typ0
11-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Some changes need to be made. Be it Sam Adams, Tom Donahoe or both some changes need to be made.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I think TD and MM will be back next year.

1)Franchise tag Nate Clements
2)Attempt to sign Josh Reed and Ron Edwards to fair market value contracts.
3) Let trey Teague leave and have Duke Preston start at Center

Moulds, Campbell, Adams, Posey, Fletcher, Milloy. Possible cuts?

Not sure bills fans want to hear this but I think the organization should rebuild and get younger. JP will probably be going thru growing pains next year, since this is probably the case, it won't matter whose surrounding him there not going to contend. Depending on the number of compensation picks the bills get in next years draft, they could have 5 or 6 picks before the 4th round starts. Plus at the start of next season Parrish and Everett will be good to go.
This all sounds good in theory, as long as Donahoe picks good players and addresses both sides of the line in next years draft. Can and will he do this?????

Jan Reimers
11-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Number 1 priority: Rebuild both lines. They are the foundation of every successful team in the NFL. If we do that, wholesale changes at other positions will not be necessary.