LT OG C OG RT
Verba, #2 pick, #1 pick, Villarial, Restructered Williams

draft pick may be back ups initially

DE DT DT DE
Simeon Rice or #1 pick from Clements, free agent? , Adams, Schoebel

Thoughts?

Jan Reimers
11-05-2005, 05:16 AM
I totally agree that we need to rebuild both lines, but we won't take O linemen with our first 2 picks. Duke Preston should be ready to start at either guard or center next year, and Peters should continue to develop, so I think a stud LT in either the first or second round, plus another interior guy on the second day, is more likely.

We don't need to throw away our entire O line. Preston and a good young tackle, combined with what we have now, should allow us to put a strong starting unit on the field.

We should also take a DT in round 1 or 2, and another on the second day. I think our DE's are fine; we need more strength up the middle.

Bmax
11-05-2005, 03:24 PM
I totally disagree...I feel the bills will stand pat with their mostly...I think you will see picks on def.. with clements and the dt and ss spot being addressed ...ss could be a 3 -5 rd pick.. a backup must be found with milloy contracted ednding soon.. Teague won't be back...Anderson will be back along with villiaral preston williams and maybe peters at LT.. Verba won't be here....I think gandy will be back as a back up... I wouldn't mind a 2nd rd pick at ot and maybe a 4th at og or center... But i'm for more def especially along the def line....

Bmax

BILLS#1
11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
If the Bills or any other team wanted Verba, he'd be playing for them this year. Instead, he's home sitting on the couch. Why would you want him next year after taking a full year off?

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I totally disagree...I feel the bills will stand pat with their mostly...I think you will see picks on def.. with clements and the dt and ss spot being addressed ...ss could be a 3 -5 rd pick.. a backup must be found with milloy contracted ednding soon.. Teague won't be back...Anderson will be back along with villiaral preston williams and maybe peters at LT.. Verba won't be here....I think gandy will be back as a back up... I wouldn't mind a 2nd rd pick at ot and maybe a 4th at og or center... But i'm for more def especially along the def line....

Bmax

I agree mostly. I think that Gandy would replace Anderson if Peters ended up beating him out at LT.

losman2evans
11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
I think Verba isn't playing for anybody right now because his demands are too high. I believe they will be down from where they are at.

I also think there will be considerable changes on our offensive line. It seemspatch worked with no plan for he future. I believe that 2 of 3 of our first picks will address our offensive line and 1 of our first thre pick will address our defensive line.

The rest of or picks will address back ups on defense ( linebackers and defensive backs )

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2005, 07:27 AM
I think Verba isn't playing for anybody right now because his demands are too high. I believe they will be down from where they are at.

I also think there will be considerable changes on our offensive line. It seemspatch worked with no plan for he future. I believe that 2 of 3 of our first picks will address our offensive line and 1 of our first thre pick will address our defensive line.

The rest of or picks will address back ups on defense ( linebackers and defensive backs )

We have been asking for day 1 picks on O-linemen for years and we got 2. Williams and Geisinger. Geisinger is in development and Williams has ankle problems.

And...actually, the O-line has not been too bad in a few games this year. The weak link is exposed (Anderson) and Preston is coming along nicely. Remember Preston, the 5th round pick everyone groaned about? The other 2 players in development, Peters and Geisinger should be getting their tests at their projected poitions this offseason - Peters at LT and Geisinger at RG. Villarreal should hold his spot but it will be interesting to see who wins the LT job. If Peters gets it, I think Gandy takes over the LG spot, making Anderson and Geisinger backups. Gandy would slide out if Peters can't play.

The question I have involves Teague. Will he stay for less money or will he get paid somewhere else? I think he'll take the home team discount simply because he won't get big offers anywhere else.

We could use another tackle, but it won't be the first round and that will be it. This team needs an injection of youth and speed on the defense. We are thin at linebacker and SS and weak at DT.

RD 1 DT
RD 2 OT
RD 3 LB
RD 3 SS

justasportsfan
11-06-2005, 09:04 AM
rebuilding both lines would be an admittance of mistake by TD. NO way that happens w/ our arrogant GM.

X-Era
11-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Who do we want realistically next year

LT OG C OG RT
Verba, #2 pick, #1 pick, Villarial, Restructered Williams

draft pick may be back ups initially

DE DT DT DE
Simeon Rice or #1 pick from Clements, free agent? , Adams, Schoebel

Thoughts?

OK, Ill play:

LT- Jason Peters
LG- Max Jean Giles
C- Preston
RG- Villarial
RT- restructured Williams

Giles round 2, round 1 Jimmy Williams S/CB, round 3 DT Orien Harris. Adams can stay or go, add Damione Lewis UFA.