PDA

View Full Version : NFL Free Agents - 2006

Lexwhat
11-05-2005, 04:06 PM
I was just looking at FoxSports, and this dude has a list of some appealing 2006 Free Agents across the NFL.

Some notes:

DT:
Grady Jackson, Packers (Probally not much of a pass rusher, but will eat up blocks on an opposing O-Line. AGE: 32. Might be a little old. Certainly not the player he used to be.)
Chris Hovan, Bucs (Don't know much about him. AGE: 27)

DE:
Darren Howard, Saints (Age: 29. He's gonna be expensive. Good player though.)
John Abraham, Jets (Age: 27. I thought he was older. But I don't know about him. He's gonna be expensive too.)
Kyle Vanden Bosch, Titans (Age: 27. I really like this guy, I see him as a future star in this league. Who knows if the Titans will let him go)

ILB:
No names that I know of.

Safety:
Tank Williams, Titans (AGE: 25. I've heard good things about him. There's probally gonna be a lot of competition for him)
Adam Archuleta, Rams (AGE: 28 soon. Might be good as well)

Ok I'll just cut and paste some stuff now for Offense...

O-Tackle:
The Lions' Jeff Backus (28 years old), Falcons' athletic tackle Kevin Shaffer (25 years old) and New England's Tom Ashworth (28 years old) and Jon Runyan (33 years old) of the Eagles.

I dont think we should sign a Tackle in FA. They are going to be pretty expensive. Maybe Jon Runyan might be cheaper since he's so old. He might not be worth it though.

O-Guard:
One name stands out and that's Steve Hutchinson (28 years old) of the Seahawks. After the strong former first-round pick comes guys like the Pats' Steve Neal (29 years old) and the Bears' Terrance Metcalf (27 years old).

I would love to get Hutchinson, but I doubt TD would spend the money.

Center:
This is highlighted by the Saints' Pro Bowler LeCharles Bentley (26 years old). The Packers' Mike Flanagan (32 years old) is a proven, solid vet but recently had a sports hernia surgery.

I would stay away from Flanagan. I would love to get Bentley though.

WR:
Pitt's Antwan Randle-El (26 years old) is tops on another weak list. Indy's Reggie Wayne (27 years old) and New England's David Givens (25 years old) round out the top three.

I doubt Pittsbrugh lets Randel-El go. Reggie Wayne might be available, but you have to wonder how he would play when a QB not named Manning throws him the ball.

Basically this is just a general list. I would love it if we grabbed LaCharles Bentley from the Saints. We could put Preston at Guard and go from there. I doubt TD would try for Hutchinson, since Hutchinson is gonna be costly. But I would cut Villarial if it meant we could grab Hutchison. The other player I would love to get is Vandan Bosch. He's tearing it up this year. But he'd probally be too expensive as well. He's certainly an upgrade over Denney/Kelsey though.

Hope this helps!

Lexwhat
11-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Oops, forgot the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5050462

Lexwhat
11-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I was going to include Brian Westbrook on my list, and I would love to have a player like him. But I doubt Philly lets him go. I think they're working on a contract extension with him right now.

I'm sure a lot of the other players on that list are gonna be locked-up before free-agency begins. But at least it's something to consider.

Marvelous
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
I think Reggie Wayne will be a higher priority to clubs then Randall EL..
I like/love Steve Hutch as a LG.
I agree about tackles.
- I wouldn't mind over paying for Bently. Teague is either gone or vet minimum.
-No TE's? Euhus,Cambell and Everett are nothing special. Everett pending but we are thin here....
-DT= draft
LOLB could be a problem if some team overpays for Posey and we lose him.
-FS is a team need imo. I'd hate to say it but i think SS could be looked into now for the ss of the future imo.....................

Lexwhat
11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Hmmm, I didn't really think too much about Tight Ends. The ones on his list I don't know too much about, except for Christian Fauria. I guess it depends on how Kevin Everett turns out to be by the end of this year.

If we could sign Fauria and get rid of Tim Euhus, I would do it. Even though the article already says so, I know Fauria is a reliable red-zone target. Otherwise, I guess I'm just hoping Everett turns out to be a good player.

IMO, I think we could lose Posey and put Crowell in his place. Posey has just done a basic job, and isnt really a playmaker. Plus, we could save some money putting Crowell in Posey's place anyway. Just my opinion though. That's ASSUMING Spikes is able to come back from his injury. If he's not, it could be a big problem.

OpIv37
11-05-2005, 07:28 PM
that list is pretty unimpressive- TD is gonna need the draft of his life to save this team.