PDA

View Full Version : Winston from Miami

jpdex12
11-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Anyone watching the Miami vs. VT game?

The left tackle for Miami, Winston is a freakin dominator. Huge too!

He's gonna go high in the draft. I would love to see us grab him, but I cringe at the $$ paid out to tackles in the first round...i.e. Mike Williams.

Captain Obvious
11-05-2005, 08:45 PM

He's gonna go high in the draft. I would love to see us grab him, but I cringe at the $$ paid out to tackles in the first round...i.e. Mike Williams.

What is your opinion of Orien Harris the DT from Miami? I think we need a DT just as much as a LT.

clumping platelets
11-05-2005, 10:30 PM
We need both.......we would be better served getting Ngata from Oregon early and then moving up into late 1st or early second for OT help....

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2005, 06:59 AM
I don't think we need to move up for anything this year. A good OT can be had in the middle of the second round. There are just too many, all with great upside, to justify giving up another pick. We can use our 2 third rounders. There is a lot more talent this year, as opposed to last year, all throughout day 1.
Tackles get all the attention, but if you ask me, the biggest problem the last few years has been at guard. We can get this guy in Rd 2:

Davin Joseph G Oklahoma http://condraft.com/player.php?id=640

He was moved to tackle this year but should play guard.

Joseph has been in the shadows of former Sooner and current Saint Jammal Brown in the national eye, but was highly praised by OL coach Kevin Wilson who said that Joseph is the best OL he has coached including Brown. Joseph has excellent footwork, good strength and nice quickness for a 310 lb tackle. Joseph will lead a young OL that lost a lot of experience, but so far through the spring has been the leader that this team needs with a new QB to protect. Look for Brown to be a guy who climbs the draft boards late and to have a shot at being a first-day pick in the 2006 NFL draft.

The Spaz
11-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Jon Scott OT Texas.:up:

jpdex12
11-06-2005, 08:46 AM
What is your opinion of Orien Harris the DT from Miami? I think we need a DT just as much as a LT.

He plays with a big body and has quick hands to shed o-lineman. It'll be interesting to see who we pick up in the first. I say TD should try to trade down a bit in the first and maybe we could pick up another second also. Then we wuold be sure to get our o-lineman, DT and maybe a good CB.

jpdex12
11-06-2005, 09:09 AM
We need both.......we would be better served getting Ngata from Oregon early and then moving up into late 1st or early second for OT help....

That being said I can see us grabbing a DT in the first round. Needless to say, the 2006 draft should be interesting.

X-Era
11-06-2005, 09:44 AM

Yeah, hes very very good. I almost came and posted about how 3 of the possibilities for us in next years draft were playing. Hester, Williams, and Winston. Personally Im a McNeil fan. But Winston is a former TE and he played very well there. In fact, he switched in part because he got sick of eating salad to stay at 280 or so, he just gave up and went to 320 or whatever to be a T. Hes 6' 7", with great feet. DAMN!!!

jpdex12
11-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, hes very very good. I almost came and posted about how 3 of the possibilities for us in next years draft were playing. Hester, Williams, and Winston. Personally Im a McNeil fan. But Winston is a former TE and he played very well there. In fact, he switched in part because he got sick of eating salad to stay at 280 or so, he just gave up and went to 320 or whatever to be a T. Hes 6' 7", with great feet. DAMN!!!

Man, You've been busy today Jp-era! Perfect athlete for a Tackle, don't you think? Winston has the agility of a TE but he's a tackle...sounds like Jason Peters!

I've heard a lot about Hester, but my assessment is that he's a good returner but I have to see more out of him to feel that he could step in and take a starting cornerback position. Jennings has shown me more from the Hurricane team this year.

OpIv37
11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't want any Miami guys- they're all cocky and use Rosenass as their agent. I like McGahee but he he needs to :stfu: and play football.

Billzz
11-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't want any Miami guys- they're all cocky and use Rosenass as their agent. I like McGahee but he he needs to :stfu: and play football.

As far as I am concerned he seems to be the only one that should be allowed to talk. :chat:

BTW you don't want Miami guys but we can keep the ones we do have? What's wrong with getting the most money they can? I understand they make a ton but who's to say 1 game into the season they get hurt?:hurt:

Glad your not running the organization otherwise we would have 0 offense atm without a Miami player and have Henry suspended for substance abuse(although he may be back now) with a undrafted player as our 1st string rb. No knock on Shaud W. but he needs to learn some patience.

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I know I suggested that we go after a guard because that seems to be the weakness of the team, but since Gandy has been playing well and since we are dangerously thin at OT, we could grab a LT to push Gandy into the guard spot. There will be talented OT's in the second or even third round.
Trueblood 2-3
Colledge 2-3
McNeil 2
Whitworth 2
Blalock 3

Gimme Kiwanuka or Ngata in the first.