PDA

View Full Version : Some please make a strong arguement

X-Era
11-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Please, rather than the pat answers we have been hearing to every posts that revolves around us not making the playoffs, please argue why we should not start building our future for this team right here and now.

Does anybody have a strong arguement against that?

My concept was to truly take a cold hard look at this team from top to bottom. Make the assessment of whether or not we have what we need to get to and win the SB. That is now and always has been the goal. I dont see sneaking into the playoffs and losing round 1 as being the goal.

IMO, this team doesnt have the level of play (I say play because some guys have the talent but arent living up to it and others just dont have the talent at all), to go to the SB and win.

If you assess this team and agree we dont have what we need to win a SB. Then someone please make the arguement that we shouldnt start building towards a team that can as soon as possible. I just cant see the logic in that.

This is the same team that hasnt gone since Kelly and CO left,the same team that has played mediocre/just out of the playoffs for the last decade. And we have every indication that we are in that same mold again. And yet many fans think we should just repeat our past mediocrity AGAIN? In the name of "on any given sunday"? or "you never know"? How well has that worked for us in the past 10 years? But now is different?

Lets talk about a team that was extremely lopsided in the Colts who had a SB O and a sub-par D. Yet, they grab a guy like Simon and a few others and now become a strong SB winning possibility. Why dont we make moves like that?

Are we fans really gonna get behind this org while it stumbles through the next 6 games and probably ends the season without a playoff berth? In the name of being "competitive"? Im sorry but competitive doesnt mean you can not get blown out, it means you can truly compete to win a SB. You never know? No I guess we dont, but isnt the past decade worth anything at all? didnt it teach us that mediocre play across the board or in certain areas doesnt work for this team? If poor play now, in a probably non-playoff year, means TRULY SB competitive play next year or the year after, I say great. At least we finally see an end to this long road of mediocrity that we have been on. But just continuing on this way, I see no end to it, no finish line, and no SB.

Hurry up and lose? NO. But rather than cow down to vets who want to do their best to win each game (very admirable for sure but its disguised impatience), only to end up out of the playoffs, be realistic and get going on building/developing what you need to win a fuggin SB. If some vets dont want to wait that long, they shouldnt be a part of a team that has no real shot right now. Thats THEIR choice. Whats best for the org is to do everything it can to get a team that can and will win a SB. That is NOT this current team. If I were the org I would be upfront and honest with our top to bottom assessment of this org and the findings and then take whatever steps are necessary. If it means Moulds doesnt want to just go through the motions by running routes in games and catching balls from Losman as an example, than he doesnt want to be a part of this team working toward winning a SB. The org should be running the show, the evaluators of where we are and where we can realistically go with this roster.

How long will we take a Celica to the race track and get beat by Ferrari's? Just because a few members of the pit crew want to keep racing each week? Put the car in the shop so to speak and build a champion. Be realistic, if you dont have the horsepower to win, supercharge your team. No more incremental improvements, Im talking big improvements to take a big leap forward.

jpdex12
11-06-2005, 09:42 AM
I have never been one to give up and I always preach the same. I don't want us to pack up the season and already look forward to next year when we are only 1-1/2 games out and have 8 more to play.

That being said, the realist in me and the fan in me is begging for JP to be put in there now to learn from game experience. There is no other way to learn effectively. We need to see what he is capable of doing. He is the key to this team succeeding in the near future. Not many teams can win a SB with a mediocre QB.

We have a team that is on the verge of going one way or the other...better or worse! If we don't get JP the experience and see him progress, then we are stunting the chances of this team being a better team next year. I am sick of not making the playoffs year after year as is everyone else, but we are close to being a playoff team and one that has potential. With a sharper JP and some health in next year's draft which should be a good one with a lot of day one picks and a healthier defense next year we could do some damage.

One problem though, the big boys at OBD need to make the playoffs in order to look like they know what they're doing and if they put JP in now, they most likely won't do it. So we must grin and bear it!

X-Era
11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
I have never been one to give up and I always preach the same. I don't want us to pack up the season and already look forward to next year when we are only 1-1/2 games out and have 8 more to play.

That being said, the realist in me and the fan in me is begging for JP to be put in there now to learn from game experience. There is no other way to learn effectively. We need to see what he is capable of doing. He is the key to this team succeeding in the near future. Not many teams can win a SB with a mediocre QB.

We have a team that is on the verge of going one way or the other...better or worse! If we don't get JP the experience and see him progress, then we are stunting the chances of this team being a better team next year. I am sick of not making the playoffs year after year as is everyone else, but we are close to being a playoff team and one that has potential. With a sharper JP and some health in next year's draft which should be a good one with a lot of day one picks and a healthier defense next year we could do some damage.

One problem though, the big boys at OBD need to make the playoffs in order to look like they know what they're doing and if they put JP in now, they most likely won't do it. So we must grin and bear it!

I can bare it, I have no choice. But I wont grin. Furthermore, maybe all us fans should show our appreciation on national TV and bare it for the camera's.