PDA

View Full Version : Wow! What a gutsy call!

Michael82
11-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Forget about taking the easy 3 points and going to OT, Dick Vermeil wanted the win. That takes balls to do that. All Oakland had to do was stuff the line and stop Larry Johnson short of the end zone. Game over! Chiefs lose. But nope, he had the confidence in his team and that helped them out. Anyone else think that Mike Mularkey would not do something like that? He'd just take the easy points. :sigh:

RedEyE
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
First all, I really though Larry Johnson fumbled into the endzone, and it was recovered by the Cheifs for the TD. The league dropped the ball on that challenge.

...worked out for the best anyway, but had Johnson been stuffed at the line, Vermeil would have been boooooed out of KC.

Philagape
11-06-2005, 03:39 PM
We would have called a play-fake reverse fake flea-flicker pitch back to Peters

helmetguy
11-06-2005, 03:40 PM
First all, I really though Larry Johnson fumbled into the endzone, and it was recovered by the Cheifs for the TD. The league dropped the ball on that challenge.

...worked out for the best anyway, but had Johnson been stuffed at the line, Vermeil would have been boooooed out of KC.
It was a fumble forward. In that case, Johnson would have had to recover it himself. Otherwise, it's a touchback.

RedEyE
11-06-2005, 03:43 PM
It was a fumble forward. In that case, Johnson would have had to recover it himself. Otherwise, it's a touchback.

Really? I thought it's only a touchback if it rolls out of the endzone?

RedEyE
11-06-2005, 03:44 PM
If Mularkey makes that call, it back fires big time.

Michael82
11-06-2005, 03:45 PM
:rofl:

Michael82
11-06-2005, 03:45 PM
If Mularkey makes that call, it back fires big time.
Exactly. Because he definitely wouldn't do it right. :snicker:

YardRat
11-06-2005, 03:54 PM

Last two minutes of the game, the only player that can recover a forward fumble is the one who dropped it to begin with.

Michael82
11-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Last two minutes of the game, the only player that can recover a forward fumble is the one who dropped it to begin with.
exactly

besides, it was so obvious that the ground caused the fumble anyways.

RedEyE
11-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Learn something new everyday.

YardRat
11-06-2005, 04:00 PM
exactly

besides, it was so obvious that the ground caused the fumble anyways.

Agreed...it was never a fumble to begin with.

helmetguy
11-06-2005, 04:04 PM
"4. On a play from scrimmage, if an offensive player fumbles anywhere on the field during fourth down, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time."

In this case, since the ball went into the endzone and another KC player touched it, it would be "Illegal Touching," and the defensive team would have been awarded a touchback.

Novacane
11-06-2005, 05:34 PM
We can say Vermeil has big balls because it worked. If it had not worked he everyone would be calling him an idiot.

JD
11-06-2005, 11:04 PM
:lmao: