PDA

View Full Version : For those who think TD wasn't involved in the firing of assistants...

lordofgun
01-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Firing Vinklarek had to be emotionally wrenching for Williams. He probably didn't need a lot of persuading, though, knowing how unhappy his players were with Vinklarek. But it's hard to believe General Manager Tom Donahoe didn't have a hand in the decision.

"My hand's in everything," Donahoe said. "It has been from Day One, and it will be until the last day, whenever that is . . . we like to think here we're all in it for the same reason. We want to win a championship. If people have problems with my involvement, they're going to have a lot of problems.

"Mr. Wilson (owner Ralph) brought me here for a reason, and it's not to drink coffee."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030109/3030193.asp

:eek:

Cntrygal
01-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Good.

Earthquake Enyart
01-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Note to self: If Ralph dies, make an evil TD......

LtBillsFan66
01-15-2003, 12:10 PM
I just sent my resume to 1BD for the coffee drinking position!

Buffarama
01-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Maybe jjamezz can make us a Mini-TD, and a Dr EVil TD. Then we can put a patch on GW's eye (#2).

lordofgun
01-15-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
I just sent my resume to 1BD for the coffee drinking position!

:lol: I'll keep my fingers crossed. :D

JayWood
01-15-2003, 05:35 PM
You gotta love TD, what a bad motha he is!!! How much do you think the coffee drinker makes in the organization??

MissBuffalo
01-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Minimum wage.

Dozerdog
01-15-2003, 07:12 PM
I want one of those coffee drinkers who will spill hot drinks on the opposition- like Tenessee did to the Steeler's Porter during the season.

LABillsFan
01-16-2003, 12:33 PM
Next year could blow up in his face because of it too.

If the Bills don't have the season he deems successful, he'll "not retain" GW or JG and will have to promte from within, (an proven HC will want his choice of staff meaning TD's boys would be out of a job) or hire a HC that will take on his staff. What proven coach would want to do that.

If the Bills do as well as he wants, does he resign GW and or JG for another 2-3 years? What if there is a quality HC i.e. Mariucci available? Does he say thanks for all the hard work but we're going with someone else? What kind of message would that send to the players or for that matter to coaches in the future?

Lottsa question to be answered. His patience may have run out, but he better make sure he doesn't alienate himself. All he has to do is look back at Washington's history the last few years.