PDA

View Full Version : If NE loses tonight....

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
the bye week could be the best weekend for Bills football all season. It will mean we gained a half game on the entire division. Miami and the Jets already lost. Also, it pretty much means we control our own destiny as far as winning the division- not that I think we will, but I'm saying we can still do it without counting on losses from other teams.

Novacane
11-07-2005, 08:34 AM
To bad we can't have a bye every week

jmb1099
11-07-2005, 08:37 AM
I can't imagine them winning tonight, but strange things seem to happen to the colts when they play the pats. It will be great if they indeed lose because KC at home can be won. The problem for me is that I actually have more confidence in the offense than the defense at this point...

BAM
11-07-2005, 08:43 AM
This may be the most optimistic thing Op has posted all season.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I am sorry but we are going to blow our future by playing Holcomb the rest of the season. I am rooting for NE so we can start working on our future. The only way I am rooting for a Bills win is if Losman is the QB.

BAM
11-07-2005, 08:49 AM
That's quite possibly the most ******ed post I've seen yet on this board. Way to go, HHURRICANE! :clap:

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 08:59 AM
That's quite possibly the most ******ed post I've seen yet on this board. Way to go, HHURRICANE! :clap:

Sorry. Too busy with my life to watch the Bills blow next season by holding on to a playoff dream. Or by some miracle they make the playoffs with an 8-8 record so they can get killed in the first round.

Maybe some of you should come to grips with the fact that this is not a very good football team. We need to clean house because the chemistry does not work. Milloy and Vincent are old. Spikes is on the backside of his career. Our Ol and DL need major overhauls. I would like to give Losman his time, play the rookies and young talent, and go into the draft with all of our picks and build a SD, Dallas or Cincy team.

Wake up. And if you are going to call the post ******ed back it up.

Michael82
11-07-2005, 08:59 AM
IF New England loses tonight....it will finish a great bye week for Buffalo, but not the best. If only the Raiders beat the Chiefs, Texans beat the Jaguars and the Ravens beat the Bengals. That would have been much better.

IF New England loses tonight....We will not see the start of the JP era until the Bills lose 2 more games and that could delay the development until week 13 or so.

Das_Bills
11-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I am sorry but we are going to blow our future by playing Holcomb the rest of the season. I am rooting for NE so we can start working on our future. The only way I am rooting for a Bills win is if Losman is the QB.

Now why would u say something like that. If the bills have a chance to make the playoffs in which they do why would u want to throw the season switching QB's. Holcomb is playing good so keep him in and lets prove we can do it than throwing the season.

BAM
11-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Wake up. And if you are going to call the post ******ed back it up.

I really see no point in expanding on the obvious.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Now why would u say something like that. If the bills have a chance to make the playoffs in which they do why would u want to throw the season switching QB's. Holcomb is playing good so keep him in and lets prove we can do it than throwing the season.

Read my post above. With that said think about what the Bills have done to make the playoffs by picking up free agents like Spikes, Milloy, Vincent, Bledsoe, Fletcher, Posey and drafting McGahee, Evans.

All these moves to make the playoffs and we are mediocre at best. The experiment did not work. Bledsoe's gone. Fletcher can't do squat without Spikes on the field. Milloy and Vincent are constantly getting beat, especially Milloy who is younger. Evans has not caught a deep ball all year. McGahee is the true bright spot but he is still finding it hard to run behind our ****ty line.

I'm keeping it realistic!

Novacane
11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I won't go as far as hurricane and root for the Bills to lose but I see his point. Anyone that is being realistic can see the Bills are no playoff team. The sooner they are out of it the sooner they can give Losman a fair amount of games to see if he's going to be any good

BAM
11-07-2005, 09:19 AM

You have to love the "Let's just throw in the towel halfway through the season, when we are far from out of the race for the Division" attitude. Everybody loves a quitter.

BidsJr
11-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I agree with Hurricane, wth is the point of making the playoffs and getting demolished? I want us to have the chance to win a super bowl and Kelly Holcomb ain't gonna make it happen folks. Doubtful he would even if he had the "real" 85 bears defense and not a D that is nothing but Hype.

Maybe instead of calling people out for being "******ed" for their point of view, maybe you need to take a look at yourself and your tolerance for mediocraty.

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
IF New England loses tonight....it will finish a great bye week for Buffalo, but not the best. If only the Raiders beat the Chiefs, Texans beat the Jaguars and the Ravens beat the Bengals. That would have been much better.
IF New England loses tonight....We will not see the start of the JP era until the Bills lose 2 more games and that could delay the development until week 13 or so.

none of that matters. A wild card is out of the question unless we win out, which ain't gonna happen. The only way this team makes the playoffs is by beating out NE for the division.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 09:31 AM
none of that matters. A wild card is out of the question unless we win out, which ain't gonna happen. The only way this team makes the playoffs is by beating out NE for the division.

This is absolutely correct.

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 09:36 AM
also if NE loses tonight and we win out we'll win the division regardless of what they do. Basically, it's impossible for the Bills to get a wild card at this point.

TacklingDummy
11-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Sorry. Too busy with my life to watch the Bills blow next season by holding on to a playoff dream. Or by some miracle they make the playoffs with an 8-8 record so they can get killed in the first round.

Why would they be blowing next season by trying to make the playoff's this season? And once your in the Playoff's, anything can happen.

There's no guarantee that by playing JP this season will make the Bills a playoff team next season. And by using your logic, why play JP this season so the Bills can make the playoffs next season and then get killed in the playoffs?

DynaPaul
11-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I can't imagine them winning tonight, but strange things seem to happen to the colts when they play the pats. It will be great if they indeed lose because KC at home can be won. The problem for me is that I actually have more confidence in the offense than the defense at this point...

Indeed, New England's refereeing corps is hard to overcome. Every week teams make gameplans to neutralize them but somehow, someway they come up with the big plays to win the game.

TacklingDummy
11-07-2005, 10:31 AM
The only way I am rooting for a Bills win is if Losman is the QB.

Losmanite.

BAM
11-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Why would they be blowing next season by trying to make the playoff's this season? And once your in the Playoff's, anything can happen.

There's no guarantee that by playing JP this season will make the Bills a playoff team next season. And by using your logic, why play JP this season so the Bills can make the playoffs next season and then get killed in the playoffs?

Can't believe I'm doing this, but :posrep:

Good post, buddy. :up:

BAM
11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
All of you quitters disgust me.

Mitchy moo
11-07-2005, 11:20 AM
All of you quitters disgust me.

I personally have a new outlook on the whole situation. The whole AFC east just stinks, so there is no clear leader in the division. You can say NE has an advantage but in all honesty that's only because of their recent success of the past few years. That in itself doesn't mean they are going to be success.

fabolouspaul
11-07-2005, 11:22 AM

I cannot see how a Bills fan can root for the Patriots. F Bruschi!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 11:22 AM

I should resist but I can't. By playing JP now we will know if we have a starting QB next year. If JP isn't the guy that experience allows us to go into the draft or trade (Phillip Rivers, Shaub, etc.) and get somebody else. By not playing JP late or not at all puts us at risk for not doing anything during the offseason. Furthermore, if JP is the guy it allows him to get through his growing pains this year and doesn't leave us sacrificing next year.

If we have any chance to make the playoffs I'd rather it be with JP behind the wheel. That way we are sacrificing nothing! People forget Holcomb single handedly lost the game against NE. Both his turnovers turned into points. PERIOD.

Michael82
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I cannot see how a Bills fan can root for the Patriots. F Bruschi!!!!
We have to root for the Dolphins next week. :ill: :puke:

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I personally have a new outlook on the whole situation. The whole AFC east just stinks, so there is no clear leader in the division. You can say NE has an advantage but in all honesty that's only because of their recent success of the past few years. That in itself doesn't mean they are going to be success.

no, but their two-game lead and head-to-head tiebreaker certainly suggests success, especially when considering that we have the worst run D in the league and play two of the NFL's best running teams in the next two games.

BAM
11-07-2005, 11:26 AM
no, but their two-game lead...

One game lead after tonight. :D

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Nobody thinks that it is pathetic that half way through the season we are hoping everyone loses so our 3-5 team has a shot at getting humiliated in the playoffs. The three games that we won were aginst teams with a combined record of 6-18. Kelly Holcomb has won one more game than JP but he gives us the best chance of getting us to the promised land?

On top of this I have to hear how teams like Sand Diego and the Chiefs are beatable. How about Carloina, Denver and Cincy?! Plus we still have to play NE one more time.

Nobody is quitting. The intelligent posters just want us to have the best shot at a SB. That means rebuild for the future and don't sacrifice tommorrow.

OpIv37
11-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I should resist but I can't. By playing JP now we will know if we have a starting QB next year. If JP isn't the guy that experience allows us to go into the draft or trade (Phillip Rivers, Shaub, etc.) and get somebody else. By not playing JP late or not at all puts us at risk for not doing anything during the offseason. Furthermore, if JP is the guy it allows him to get through his growing pains this year and doesn't leave us sacrificing next year.

If we have any chance to make the playoffs I'd rather it be with JP behind the wheel. That way we are sacrificing nothing! People forget Holcomb single handedly lost the game against NE. Both his turnovers turned into points. PERIOD.

For the most part- I agree. We're risking our future by not playing Losman now.

However, blaming Holcomb for the loss against the Pats is short-sighted. First, it was a coaching mistake. McGahee was already over 100 yards and we were still WINNING 17-14. Why the **** were we throwing at that point? Second, someone on the left side of the line (Gandy or Anderson) missed their block. And third, after the fumble the D could have stepped up- last year they would have (remember the Baltimore game? two TO's inside the opponent's 30- two FG's).

So, Holcomb could have gotten rid of the ball earlier or held onto it when he was hit, but don't forget that football is a team game and other parts of the team failed as well. I don't think you can pin the whole loss on him.

As far as the Interception, I don't have an excuse for that- it was all his fault. But he did respond with a huge pass play for a TD.

TacklingDummy
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
By playing JP now we will know if we have a starting QB next year. If JP isn't the guy that experience allows us to go into the draft or trade (Phillip Rivers, Shaub, etc.) and get somebody else.

I may think JP will eventually be a bust, I also know that JP will be on this team next year and given a shot a being the starting QB again next year no matter how much playing time he gets this year and no matter how bad he stinks.

The Bills will not go after another QB this off-season. They will not give up on a 1st round pick that easy. They are running a team, they are not fans like me who have already written JP off.

And why would Buffalo go after another inexperienced QB (Shaub, Rivers, etc..) when there are so many other holes to fill? Like DT, DE, OL, TE, youth, depth, possible CB with Clements contract coming up.

QB is least of the Bills problem's come next year. With or without JP getting more playing time this year.

And once the Bills are out of the playoff hunt this year, even if its the last game of the season, then JP can get some playing time.

There's no way you throw in the towel when your only 1 game out of first no matter how poorly they have played.

BAM
11-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Nobody is quitting.
Liar.

(The only way I am rooting for a Bills win is if Losman is the QB.)

The intelligent posters just want us to have the best shot at a SB.
Real intelligent. ( I am rooting for NE so we can start working on our future.) Let's root for the winner of the division the last 4 years, not to mention 3 sb's. Intelligent. :rofl:

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Liar.
( I am rooting for NE so we can start working on our future.)
:rofl: Intelligent (The only way I am rooting for a Bills win is if Losman is the QB.)

BAM I love all of your one line posts. Why don't you expand your analysis. Tell all of us how the Bills win the division this year. Which games is NE losing and which ones the Bills are winning. Than you can help me redefine the word intelligent. That's right I'm calling you out! Let's hear it.

BAM
11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
BAM I love all of your one line posts. Why don't you expand your analysis. Tell all of us how the Bills win the division this year. Which games is NE losing and which ones the Bills are winning. Than you can help me redefine the word intelligent. That's right I'm calling you out! Let's hear it.

Quality over quantity my friend. I don't feel the need to try to explain myself, beating dead horses repeatedly. You get the point. Valiant attempt though.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 11:57 AM
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Quality over quantity my friend. I don't feel the need to try to explain myself, beating dead horses repeatedly. You get the point. Valiant attempt though.

Das_Bills
11-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Ok hurricane I wanted to appologise to you. It just so frustrating seeing bills fans bash the team. I know that we had problems in the begining and yes iam all for JP, but you know and i know they won't play JP until we know there is no chance for the playoffs. I am a true diehard Bills fan and always will be.

TacklingDummy
11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Tell all of us how the Bills win the division this year.

They start winning some games and all of a sudden find a pass rush and a run defense.

The D is what's dragging this team down. Last year they caused turnovers and ran back INT/Fumbles for TDs. This year they are not causing many turnovers and havent run a turnover back for a score yet.

Fix the D and Bills can possible win some games. Doubt it but never know.

The D-line is in worst shape on this team then the O-line is, imo.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Ok hurricane I wanted to appologise to you. It just so frustrating seeing bills fans bash the team. I know that we had problems in the begining and yes iam all for JP, but you know and i know they won't play JP until we know there is no chance for the playoffs. I am a true diehard Bills fan and always will be.

I'd love to see a miracle. I've been to the home opener and I watch every game down here in Atlanta. Every game til the end. I'll be watching this weekend. But I'm getting aggravated that we might piss away next year, especially for veterans like Moulds who won't evn be here next year.

BSXIII
11-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Rooting for New England is the most short-sighted and idiotic thing I have ever read on this board. Look at all the veteran FA's that want to play there for a chance to win a Super Bowl. As long as they keep winning they'll have a great future because they will continue to land solid veterans at rock bottom prices. Guys who will preform well, and set a good example to the young guys on that team. They do things the right way and that's why they are so successful. The injuries are finally catching up to them now, but look how many top players they have had injured during their run and were able to replace seamlessly.

Overhyping our rookies/young players and alienating veterans is not the way to win a Super Bowl. If they are so good they will earn playing time, and not throw for 75 yards a game after getting the job handed to them.

BAM
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
There's always a chance in this NFL. I don't disagree that our team is below average right now. However, we are not far from the division leaders, New England, who will most likely lose tonight - making it only a one game lead with 8 games to go.

To root against the Bills at this point (or at any point IMO) is ridiculous. To each his own though. Maybe some of you would like to go root for the beloved Pats permanently.

Novacane
11-07-2005, 01:12 PM
We have to root for the Dolphins next week. :ill: :puke:

Beating NE out for the division is a pipe dream. I'll be rooting for the Pats so we at least can finish second in the division

Mitchy moo
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Beating NE out for the division is a pipe dream. I'll be rooting for the Pats so we at least can finish second in the division

We are down but not out of it yet.

Novacane
11-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Yetis the key word there. just give it a couple more weeks. It takes some people a little longer to realize the truth I guess

BAM
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Either that or a select few of us like to keep an optimistic outlook on things.