• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Outsider
    • Nov 2005

Donahoe bringing some more bums to work out

Bills combine

The Bills held their annual mini-scouting combine this week. Every bye week under President and General Manager Tom Donahoe, the Bills have invited roughly 75 street free agents for a day of workouts. It's believed the Bills are the only team that do that, but the Bills think it's worth keeping track of all the potential diamonds in the rough looking for football work. Among those in the group were defensive end R-Kal Truluck and quarterback Chris Rix. Truluck, who played at Cortland State, had five sacks for the Chiefs two years ago but got cut by the Packers this summer. Rix played for Florida State. The Bills also had quarterback Rohan Davey, the former Pats and LSU quarterback, in last week. Donahoe credited John Guy, Bills director of pro personnel, with thoroughly beating the bushes.
    "John Guy does a great job," Donahoe said. "He's personnel 24 hours a day. . . . We've been fortunate. The Daimon Sheltons and Josh Stamers who we've added to our team over the years is not an accident. It's through a lot of hard work on John's part."
    ---------------------------------------------------

Tom 'kool aid man' donahoe has done it again...oooh yah! Is this pole smoker is completely clueless, is the outsider expected to digest this tripe? Who is this guy fooling? Chris Rix???? Another Chris Weinke Dinkie Doo if you ask me...Rohan Davey? Why on earth is Donahoe looking at bums nobody else wanted? He cut Doug Flutie 5 years ago...and Flutie replaced Davie in New England. Do the math jack!

The question that is really on the outsiders mind is when is this guy going to learn that bringing in other teams rejects are not the answer. The excuses that come from one bills drive never cease to amaze me.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Donahoe bringing some more bums to work out

R-Kal? Is that pronounced "Urkel"?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

He actually goes by Jimmy.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

I actually don't think it's that stupid......what does it hurt by doing this?

While I don't agree with several things TD has done while he's been here, this is something I actually support. Ya never know...
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
          I actually don't think it's that stupid......what does it hurt by doing this?

While I don't agree with several things TD has done while he's been here, this is something I actually support. Ya never know...
          Agreed. We have found some good gems that haven't come the regular drafting way - in fact, we are probably one of the highest teams in terms of starters and players on the team that have gone undrafted.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

Yes! Mighty impressive; we've got some real superstars there. Should win the Super Bowl now. Oops, we haven't signed anyone yet.....probably some major bidding battles.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

How is being overly thurough a bad thing?

Comment

• The Outsider
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                How is being overly thurough a bad thing?
                the outsider seems to think there is a very distinct difference between being overly thorough and overly incompetent.....the kool aid might have you fooled...but he don't fool me homeboy! That's exactly why you have this 'holcombmania running wild' rubbish on your signature...the outsider thinks you've been brainwashed by the PR hype machine at one bills drive...open you eyes and join the revolution!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

huh?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The Outsider
                    the outsider seems to think there is a very distinct difference between being overly thorough and overly incompetent.....the kool aid might have you fooled...but he don't fool me homeboy! That's exactly why you have this 'holcombmania running wild' rubbish on your signature...the outsider thinks you've been brainwashed by the PR hype machine at one bills drive...open you eyes and join the revolution!
                    Oh, brother.

set to ignore

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                      • Jul 2002

i remember reading a similar report a couple springs ago, and saying to myself, brian moorman? who the hell is brian moorman?
                      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                        • Mar 2004

davey could be ok

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Outsider
                          http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...tbd2011045.asp

Bills combine

The Bills held their annual mini-scouting combine this week. Every bye week under President and General Manager Tom Donahoe, the Bills have invited roughly 75 street free agents for a day of workouts. It's believed the Bills are the only team that do that, but the Bills think it's worth keeping track of all the potential diamonds in the rough looking for football work. Among those in the group were defensive end R-Kal Truluck and quarterback Chris Rix. Truluck, who played at Cortland State, had five sacks for the Chiefs two years ago but got cut by the Packers this summer. Rix played for Florida State. The Bills also had quarterback Rohan Davey, the former Pats and LSU quarterback, in last week. Donahoe credited John Guy, Bills director of pro personnel, with thoroughly beating the bushes.
                          "John Guy does a great job," Donahoe said. "He's personnel 24 hours a day. . . . We've been fortunate. The Daimon Sheltons and Josh Stamers who we've added to our team over the years is not an accident. It's through a lot of hard work on John's part."
                          ---------------------------------------------------

Tom 'kool aid man' donahoe has done it again...oooh yah! Is this pole smoker is completely clueless, is the outsider expected to digest this tripe? Who is this guy fooling? Chris Rix???? Another Chris Weinke Dinkie Doo if you ask me...Rohan Davey? Why on earth is Donahoe looking at bums nobody else wanted? He cut Doug Flutie 5 years ago...and Flutie replaced Davie in New England. Do the math jack!

The question that is really on the outsiders mind is when is this guy going to learn that bringing in other teams rejects are not the answer. The excuses that come from one bills drive never cease to amaze me.
                          Its just more of Dona-Houdini's hocus pocus to get you to buy tickets. He loves to give smoke and mirrors like phrases like, "we are a competitive team". Ya know, competitive in the AFC East where the division leader is 4 and 4. Using statements like, "we are only 1 game back", and we also are 2 games behind 500.

A "competitive" team is NOT the goal. The goal is to actually go to the playoffs, and then win a Super Bowl, Mr. Dona-Houdini.

Pull a Dwight Freeney, Tarik Glenn, Reggie Wayne out of your hat and then I will be impressed.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                            • Mar 2003

My brother is a avid Packers fan, and was very dissappointed to see R-Kal cut. He actually is quite a good player, and would make a solid depth addition at DE.
                            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                            X