PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams at Left Guard

Pride
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Vcoach announced Mike Williams is practicing at Right Guard, and Peters is at Right Tackle.

FINALLY!!!

Earthquake Enyart
11-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Villareal hurt or at left guard?

Didn't Anderson have a couple of penalties last game?

BuffaloRanger
11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Actually it's Williams at Left Guard, Peters at Right Tackle.

eyedog
11-07-2005, 01:37 PM
Well WTF they just fiqured that out. I hope they leave the big baby at guard for a while to see if he can do it. We already know what we get at tackle from him. I actually think he will be a better player at guard with his size and Peters will be better at tackle with his agility.

Pride
11-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry my bad.. you are correct... left guard.

The King
11-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Ahh its seems all the Pussyfoot talk finally got to them!!!

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Thank the lord!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I think a guard would just get in Peter's way. He should line up by himself out there.

Michael82
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
WOO HOOO! No more 3 penalties a game, Bennie Anderson. :dance:

Just think... Mike Gandy and Mike Williams on the left side. :drool:

The King
11-07-2005, 02:03 PM
WOO HOOO! No more 3 penalties a game, Bennie Anderson. :dance:

Just think... Mike Gandy and Mike Williams on the left side. :drool:

Lets not jump the gun.

Italian Stallion
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
nice....glad to hear it Mularkey

The Outsider
11-07-2005, 02:24 PM
The Outsider don't care which one of these slobs place left guard....they are all a bunch of no good bums!

The Kool Aid man and his puppets mularkey and 'moose' mcnally are playing musical chairs because they are clearly in survival mode now...the outsider thinks its pathetic that these jokers are stooping to all time lows to save their careers.

Pride
11-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Pride thinks The Outsider is a Pats fan with nothing better to do than surf a Bills chat board.

The Outsider
11-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Pride thinks The Outsider is a Pats fan with nothing better to do than surf a Bills chat board.

The Outsider is many things, but he is definitely not a fan of pats homeboy!...the outsider once once a misled bills fan like the majority of you...I too fell victim to the kool aid man and his never ending propoganda...enough of the excuses, time for tommy boy to pay the piper!

Pride
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Ohhh okay...

Hey... just out of curiosity... do you happen to know NE3PEAT or PatsowntheNFL?

finsrclowns
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
When a poster is annoying AND refers to himself in the 3rd person, I treasure the ignore function.:cloud9:

Michael82
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Mikey thinks that The Outsider is the Zoner formerly known as "The Black Bear"

The Outsider
11-07-2005, 02:46 PM
The Outsider wants to know why you mods think he's all these other trolls...especially the legendary theblackbear....he died in a car accident, check out his site : billsoutsider.com....the outsider has no affiliation with theblackbear or any other trolls or zoners.

The Outsider
11-07-2005, 02:47 PM
When a poster is annoying AND refers to himself in the 3rd person, I treasure the ignore function.:cloud9:

You can only ignore the truth for so long clown.....the outsider is here to put an end to the propaganda once and for all...you are either on the outsiders team, or you are on my enemy list with the koolaid man and his henchmen

Jan Reimers
11-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Back on topic, the move of Williams to LG and Peters to RT can't hurt. How could you hurt the mess we've had going on the O line?

Pride
11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Personally I liked the way our line played last week. IMO, this is actually an upgrade of last weeks line... MW>BA

Michael82
11-07-2005, 03:02 PM
The Outsider wants to know why you mods think he's all these other trolls...especially the legendary theblackbear....he died in a car accident, check out his site : billsoutsider.com....the outsider has no affiliation with theblackbear or any other trolls or zoners.
only theblackbear was stupid enough to refer himself in the 3rd person. plus, he runs that outsider stuff. You gotta be him.

Mr. Miyagi
11-07-2005, 03:08 PM
The Outsider is many things, but he is definitely not a fan of pats homeboy!...the outsider once once a misled bills fan like the majority of you...I too fell victim to the kool aid man and his never ending propoganda...enough of the excuses, time for tommy boy to pay the piper!
Is The Outsider Joe Horn? Because Joe Horn knows that Joe Horn is the best player in the league and nobody but Joe Horn is Joe Horn's greatest enemy.

Griz78
11-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I think the Outsider is Scott Hall

Michael82
11-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Back on topic, the move of Williams to LG and Peters to RT can't hurt. How could you hurt the mess we've had going on the O line?
Exactly. Great post. :bf1:

The Outsider
11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Seriously are you anus monkeys going to sit here and antagonize the outsider all afternoon....listen up homeboys, if you don't want to be my enemy i suggest you treat me with a little more respect and stop mocking me....the outsider is here to tell it like it is and open your eyes...together we can end the hypocrisy and one bills drive once and for all and have a good old fashion lynching with the koolaid man

Michael82
11-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Seriously are you anus monkeys going to sit here and antagonize the outsider all afternoon....listen up homeboys, if you don't want to be my enemy i suggest you treat me with a little more respect and stop mocking me....the outsider is here to tell it like it is and open your eyes...together we can end the hypocrisy and one bills drive once and for all and have a good old fashion lynching with the koolaid man
:loser:

Michael82
11-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Exactly. Great post. :bf1:

Mr. Miyagi
11-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Tell it like it is The Outsider! Lynching! We want the lynching!

Romes
11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
At this point why not slide MW over to LT and Gandy back inside to LG. Gandy has played LG and MW is a huge body for those DE's to get around.

TigerJ
11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
There are only too questions. One, how quickly can Mike make the transition inside snce he's not played there in years if ever? And two, since Mike Williams makes too much money to be affordable as a guard, what options do the Bills have? Do they try to renegotiate and force him into a pay cut, or do they keep him only until the cap hit for cutting him is manageable?

chubluv
11-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Its about damn time. This should have been done in the offseason. That way we would never of signed benny anderson & we could have used that money on someone else.

gr8slayer
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I havent been this happy about the Buffalo Bills since we drafted Willis McGahee!

Mahdi
11-07-2005, 07:01 PM
At this point why not slide MW over to LT and Gandy back inside to LG. Gandy has played LG and MW is a huge body for those DE's to get around.
I dont think MW is fast enough to play LT. However I would rather see Peters at LT and move Gandy to RT with MW at LG. I think that the plan is to have Peters play LT once he gets more experience. But here's another question, assuming Peters, Gandy and Williams play well in their positions, would everyone here still want a high draft pick at Tackle? I wouldn't, I would want to spend our first rounder on a DT or WR to replace Moulds.

Kerr
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
It's about time! I've been waiting for a Mike Williams to guard move for a long time. Mcnally and company must have figured MW isn't going to cut the mustard playing tackle, so they're trying him at guard in hopes of saving his career with the Bills. I think the move is great. I wonder though, wouldn't it have been better to move him to RG and keep him on the right side, since Peters is already playing tackle? I mean they could end up being a great run blocking force on that right side. Villariel could shift to the left side. It's just an idea.

Turf
11-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Like I've said 350 times, Mike Williams is a guard. He could be a very good one.

JefftheBillsfan
11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
i like the idea, like most of you, a lot. if mike williams stays healthy, he might become one of the 2 or 3 best runblocking guards in the league. having him inside i would think would hide his questionable athletism better.

and i dont know why im asking, but whos the kool aid man?

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Peters looked so good at RT last week that guaranteed he is is our starting RT forever. Mike Williams never looked that good. Mike Williams is not athletic enough for LT. Williams at left guard would definately help out Gandy who has not played great but not bad either. Bennie Anderson sucks and it's safe to say he is gone. And yes we have to draft OL's!! Lot's of them!!

DraftBoy
11-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Call one more person an anus monkey and see what happens, you feeling me homie? If your here to open up our eyes then please give us your opinion on what the OL should look like.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Need to find replacements for Teague and Villarial.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I dont think MW is fast enough to play LT. However I would rather see Peters at LT and move Gandy to RT with MW at LG. I think that the plan is to have Peters play LT once he gets more experience. But here's another question, assuming Peters, Gandy and Williams play well in their positions, would everyone here still want a high draft pick at Tackle? I wouldn't, I would want to spend our first rounder on a DT or WR to replace Moulds.

Gandy is athletic enough to stay at LT especially with Big Mike on his side. Peters size is better for the Right Side. Yes, our OL still sucks. Teague definately needs to be replaced. Villarial needs some youth behind him. Yes, we need to draft OLs!!

ShadowHawk7
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM
What jumps out at me is that Peters, who played Tight end two years ago, then moved to LT, then back to TE, then LT, then suddenly to RT. Remember, RT is the complete opposite of LT in terms on footwork and other things, and to pull of that transition in less than a week, and play solidly against the world champs is nothing short of astounding.

Possible contract extension maybe?

He also plays on special teams.

I think he should line up as a fullback on some goal-line formations too. (Seriously.)

ShadowHawk7
11-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah, and who the eff is the kool-aid man?

HHURRICANE
11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
What jumps out at me is that Peters, who played Tight end two years ago, then moved to LT, then back to TE, then LT, then suddenly to RT. Remember, RT is the complete opposite of LT in terms on footwork and other things, and to pull of that transition in less than a week, and play solidly against the world champs is nothing short of astounding.

Possible contract extension maybe?

He also plays on special teams.

I think he should line up as a fullback on some goal-line formations too. (Seriously.)

Good post. I totally agree that this guy is a stud. He is my favorite player. He does everything well. He even has a TD catch. Yes, give him an extension now.

sba
11-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I hope this means Big Mike is taking a BIG pay cut at the end of this season, or gets dumped entirely.

The_Philster
11-08-2005, 04:57 AM
Need to find replacements for Teague and Villarial.Preston

SeatownBillsFan21
11-08-2005, 04:59 AM
preston is decent

HHURRICANE
11-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Preston

:drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: What did you say? I'm still drooling over your Jill of the week!!:drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

The Outsider
11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1068249.asp

The outsider read a good editorial by jerry sullivan and he hit in on the head...the outsider agrees..you should never take a RT that high in the draft....this bum was overrated coming out of texas to begin with.

You take guys like him and make them guards in the NFL to begin with Tommy Boy! This guy ain't worth the money and if he dont take a major pay cut his ass needs to be cut jack! 9 million next year just aint worht it especially when this team needs all kinds of help at almost every position. Donafool can save 4 million if they cut or trade this injury prone bum outright.

eyedog
11-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Agreed, out the door looks to be where this overstuffed teddy bear is heading Outsider.
He surely will not be here next year making 9 mill. to play guard and if he can't beat out a free agent for his tackle spot he won't be around for long.

osos
11-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I really think is a great move
the problem at this point is that we can run the ball, but the OL CANīT block for our QB

Lets face it, MW isnīt great at all, he was a 1 round pick for god sake, and he way to expensive. I definitely go with Peters, he has the quickness and ability to block. we could probably use it as a spark for the OF.

I thin we will do fine, so now is time to draft a BIG DT on the 1 round Draft